Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 18:38   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune

Out of habit turned into the shell bunk in HJW when my needle was hovering over "E" today morning. Was overjoyed when I saw the rate was 61.1 and told the lady to tank her up.
Only to realise I had misread the rate of 67.1 in the bright sunlight. Told her to halt at 1000 bucks instead.
The IndianOil bunk mentioned in my post above was closed yesterday evening. Anybody has filled up from there ?
Old 9th March 2011, 18:50   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Was overjoyed when I saw the rate was 61.1 and told the lady to tank her up.
Only to realise I had misread the rate of 67.1 in the bright sunlight.
It must have been a Kodak moment. Was anyone there with you with a camera to capture the "Before" (price seen as 61.1) and "After" (realized price to be 67.1) expressions?

I normally fill up at the Shell pump and did that again couple of days back. Diesel is 51 now?
Old 9th March 2011, 19:07   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
It must have been a Kodak moment. Was anyone there with you with a camera to capture the "Before" (price seen as 61.1) and "After" (realized price to be 67.1) expressions?
Due to the high prices (7 rupee per liter difference), there were absolutely no other car drivers than me.
One thing I noticed that many ladies prefer to fill at the shell pump, be it their bikes or cars.
Must be due to the fact that the attendants themselves are mostly ladies,
+ no attempts made to cheat made + easy maneuverability due to less crowd and organised queues.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:14   #214
Senior - BHPian

Any good petrol bunks in and around Yervada, Ishanya Mall, Nagar road, Viman Nagar area?
I am relocating to this part of the city, so Autolines will not be an option for me anymore.

Also, I would prefer HPCL bunk since I can use my credit card without surcharge.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:19   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Any good petrol bunks in and around Yervada, Ishanya Mall, Nagar road, Viman Nagar area?
I am relocating to this part of the city, so Autolines will not be an option for me anymore.

Also, I would prefer HPCL bunk since I can use my credit card without surcharge.

Not very sure about Yerawada area, but Nagar road has a couple of pumps (ahead of Vimannagar). Decent pumps. Or the best option is to fill at Koregaon Park junction. Two bunks side by side. One of them is an HP too, just as you desire.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:22   #216
Senior - BHPian

^Are you referring to the pumps outside Chandan Nagar (opp side of Viman Nagar). e.g. D'mello service station etc?
Old 14th March 2011, 14:25   #217
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yes SUN. That is the one i was referring to. Could not remember the name initially.
Also, in yesterdays meet, after meeting a couple of BHPians from that side of town, they confirmed that a pump in Mundhwa area is known for good quality fuel. Not sure which Co. bunk though. You could PM fellow member (Dot) for that.
Old 14th March 2011, 17:10   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Not very sure about Yerawada area, but Nagar road has a couple of pumps (ahead of Vimannagar). Decent pumps. Or the best option is to fill at Koregaon Park junction. Two bunks side by side. One of them is an HP too, just as you desire.
Best option? It wasn't for me at least. I got significantly less fuel efficiency when I filled at the BP bunk. But I'v filled there only once (bike). Not keen on trying again. If you are a regular there, I'd suggest you compare.
Old 14th March 2011, 18:16   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Best option? It wasn't for me at least. I got significantly less fuel efficiency when I filled at the BP bunk. But I'v filled there only once (bike). Not keen on trying again. If you are a regular there, I'd suggest you compare.
,I second that opinion . The bunks at the Koregaon Park junction , both are somewhat suspicious . As discussed in the Pune members meet recently as well I suggested the same . Both of them for sure cheat on quantity , didn't bother to check the quality part of it .

Unless soembody has a positive experience I would prefer to keep it in the " BAD list " .
Old 14th March 2011, 18:46   #220
BHPian

Quote:
The new HP pump opened up in Phase 2 Hinjewadi seems good. Probably because they are new. The staff is courteus, the pump is neat and clean and AFAIK, fuel at HP is generally better than BP or IOC. I may be wrong though. Filled at this pump only once.
Where is the new HP pump in Hinjewadi?. Out of the two new pumps opened, one is BP and other is IOC.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:34   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Where is the new HP pump in Hinjewadi?. Out of the two new pumps opened, one is BP and other is IOC.

My bad. It is not an HP bunk, but a BP one. This is near Wipro office in Phase 2.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:46   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
The bunks at the Koregaon Park junction , both are somewhat suspicious
Next time shall be careful while filling up petrol here. Till date used this pump (BP one) 4-5 times, never faced or felt anything suspicious though.

Two of my friends were cheated with petrol quality/quantity in the same pump -

First one - bike got stuck suddenly, engine off, had to take the bike to a nearby shop and culprit was around 1.5 ltrs of water in total 8 ltrs of petrol left in the tank. Next day, he went to the pump to complain and they agreed a mistake on their part and were ready to give him 8 ltrs of petrol free. The reason told was - there was some cleaning going on and accidentally water left inside the tank.

Second one - He felt his car not accelerating as usual, some vibrations. Took his car, Alto to Maruti Service station, again water in tank along with petrol.

Personally, I never faced any issue when filling up at this pump, but after hearing these 2 incidents, I avoid filling up petrol here - BP Pump opp. MP City Main gate.

Anybody can share any pump operating 24/7 in Pune ?

I normally look for the Density meter while filling petrol and I think 720 - 770 gm/ltr is good for petrol ( it varies on temperature though ). But looking at the cheating of these pumps I guess these readings are also altered. Is it possible to alter the density reading or is it computerized?

Last edited by AvonA7 : 14th March 2011 at 20:52. Reason: figr. update
Old 14th March 2011, 22:07   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post

Anybody can share any pump operating 24/7 in Pune ?
The Pump opposite RTO is open 24*7 , is a company operated bunk and fills proper quantities & qualitiy .
Old 14th March 2011, 23:11   #224
BHPian

Hey JD and Swanand, I remember in our Sunday meet we are suspicious about Indian Oil Company Bunks, but there is one on Old Mumbai Pune Highway which goes by the name "SAVANI Petrol pump", i have never had quality / quantity issues with them
I have already mentioned it in this thread but a few more points to add to the Liking
1. They ask you to check for zero before filling
2. Accept Cards for payment
3. Give you options for Both Xtrapremium and Regular
4. Even when price hike is declared hey serve petrol until 10 in the night or in other case when queue is huge - till stocks last

have been using this bunk for Petrol (Last 10 years), and diesel (Last 2 years) and no complaints from bike yet

If anyone has had any issues wit this bunk please let us all know
Old 15th March 2011, 00:08   #225
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Yes SUN. That is the one i was referring to. Could not remember the name initially.
Also, in yesterdays meet, after meeting a couple of BHPians from that side of town, they confirmed that a pump in Mundhwa area is known for good quality fuel. Not sure which Co. bunk though. You could PM fellow member (Dot) for that.
@S_U_N. For the last 2+ years I have been filling up on an IOC pump on Mundhwa Road. No issues so far. Take the straight road of Koregaon Park Extention (Westin Hotel/ABC farm road) which meets Mundhwa Road, almost as a T junction. Take left and drive straight for about 1km. There will be a HP petrol pump on the left, avoid. IOC pump comes on the right side just before a new Maruti Showroom/Bank of Maharashtra building.

Thanks Swanand.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed