Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 01:07   #316
Senior - BHPian

Thanks friends for the advice as of now I am planning to drop the idea of buying the MarkII as Karlos rightly said "spoiled by Fiats". I will be happy and contended with my fiat however I will come back to amby family once I find a car like this (courtesy Team BHP) which is one of my desire and I hope Hyderabad should have a car for me someday somewhere. sorry sounding like a farmer as I don't have much knowledge about ambys'.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-cars01.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-image108.jpg  

Last edited by chanu : 12th February 2010 at 01:08. Reason: added few words
Old 20th February 2010, 22:19   #317
BHPian

My mother, who turns ninety this year has a collection of Readers' digests going back to 1955. Look what I found in the Jan 1967 issue!
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-picture-053.jpg  

tonrag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2010, 22:32   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonrag View Post
My mother, who turns ninety this year has a collection of Readers' digests going back to 1955. Look what I found in the Jan 1967 issue!
Thats a good diagnosis tonrag of the car way back then. Reader's Digest used to regularly publish HM ads, either of the Bedford truck or the Ambassador.
Old 21st February 2010, 16:34   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Of late another member ram nair has also been sharing such gems. I urge you to dig out some more and post them here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...thread-20.html

It is a cumbersome, but rewarding proess.
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:35   #320
BHPian

Quote:
dig out some more and post them here.
Will do. By the way, I remember that HM used to bring out lovely colour calendars too. I particularly remember one, which contained water colour sketches of Ambys posed 6 against important archaeological monuments of India. This must have been in 1965-66 or so. I kept this calendar till the mid seventies, when it was unfortunately lost along with my car scrapbook, during a house shift when I was away seeking admission into college in another city.
Old 4th March 2010, 01:24   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will do. By the way, I remember that HM used to bring out lovely colour calendars too. I particularly remember one, which contained water colour sketches of Ambys posed 6 against important archaeological monuments of India. This must have been in 1965-66 or so. I kept this calendar till the mid seventies, when it was unfortunately lost along with my car scrapbook, during a house shift when I was away seeking admission into college in another city.
if you find one again please post it here.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:53   #322
Senior - BHPian

a bit

my 800th post goes to the car which i love the most & is in it's original avatar.

the movie is 'An Education'...up for an Oscar.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-1.jpg
amit V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2010, 23:04   #323
BHPian

Some Amby photos I clicked at Gokarn at Karntaka in January this year. What I liked about this car was the nice,clean and simple look.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-new-amby.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-new-amby-1.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-new-amby-2.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-new-amby-3.jpg  

jeepster09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2010, 16:00   #324
h14
BHPian

contribution from me... some the cars within our family

My amby. Poor image quality. Clicked in 2002. This is powered by the 1.9 TATA engine.

Check this out if you are interested http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...y-my-amby.html

The HM family with us

This is originally a Mark II. Now its in the process of being restored back into a Mark II. This picture was clicked when it was a Mark III.

I had this mark 4 for about a year. Its powered by the TOYOTA 2C.

h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2010, 17:24   #325
Senior - BHPian

Hindustam-Morris Family is an awesome pic.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:04   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post

The HM family with us
WOW you have something that I think no one has in India, unless HM themselves has this the complete series of HM products. Try to revert to the original engines for all the cars while they are still available and you can.

Can you please create a seperate thread for your vehicles, starting with the oldest one. Again Kudos to you for being such a fan of HM's
Old 26th March 2010, 23:10   #327
Senior - BHPian

Aha! had there been any smilies which could show me standing and saluting you sir. Awesome collection you are a ture admirer. Would you mind give us detailed pictures and information about your collection.
Old 27th March 2010, 13:20   #328
h14
BHPian

thank you

Thanks all for your comments.

Please give me some time and I will create a separate thread with detailed information for our cars.

The problem is that our Morris one of our Hindustan14 and a Mark II Amby are in different stages of rebuilding process.

Anyway, will click as many pictures as possible when I get to Coimbatore, Pollachi and Palakkad on 2nd April and put them up. Until then, please bear with me.

Also, please do note that I do not own all of these cars. These cars and jeeps are within our family circle. I'm representing each of them in here.
Old 27th March 2010, 16:29   #329

i wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Here are a 3 Landmasters from our city. Still have to take pics of one more Landmaster and a Mark I.

simply beautiful, I wonder how it would have felt to have owned this red landmaster back in the day
Old 27th March 2010, 18:15   #330
Senior - BHPian

I could see the rims of your car having steel rings do you still have it. If so it gives more of a classic look along with other chrome parts though its not of that period. I have seen few Ford jeeps, Amby's in black & Mark 1s' with gypsy rims and along with these kind of rings to it, they look awesome.

I should say you car with you then looked stunning, your dad must been driving proud then having this well maintained markII.
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-landmaster.jpg  

Last edited by chanu : 27th March 2010 at 18:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks