Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:41   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSICCAR View Post
I had a 1965 FIAT car for 10 long years I sold it off due to rising cost of petrol.
It had original grill, bumpers,meters, wiper hub caps I sold it just for Rs.11,000/-
3 years back. I car refuses to go out of memory. now I have 1994 model Fiat
with LPG Kit.

B.ANANT
NAGPUR
Hey Anant, it would be lovely if you can trace the car - is it still in Nagpur - I'm sure some Tbhpians in Nagpur can help. Also, do post pictures of your 1994 beauty.
And yes, welcome to the ever growing Fiat fan club !
Old 27th March 2010, 23:55   #332
Senior - BHPian

*Blessed* to be on Team-BHP !!

Last Sunday, I got a call from Behram. "Ravi, your prayers have been answered.. Come over right now !" I dashed across to his house, and got.. guess what - 17 clips for my clip-wheels ! Yahooo !
Thanks a huuge bunch, Behram .

As the "Blue and White" nears her dream status of full originality, there have been so many helpful TBHP buddies who'll have a share in the credits -

Suren from Hyderabad, who gifted me a NOS grille. Behram, for the rear seat net, the wheels, and several other goodies, Amol for the aluminium beading to hold the net - bought all the way from Pune !

Shyam, who's been sending lovely bits from Hyd.

Ajay99 has sent two yummy hub caps, from TVM - these will be rechromed, and fitted beautifully, once my clips are fitted !

Manish(alive) will soon send me the choke knobs from Bangy.

Rony with his ever helpful tip-offs on chor bazaar stuff..

Adheesh, for arriving at my doorstep on every single occasion when MRX needed him

Plus, so many others for their ever helpful advice - Forgive me if I've missed anyone -I'm really moved ! Love you all, guys, Love TBHP !
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-dscf0032-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSelect : 28th March 2010 at 00:11.
Old 28th March 2010, 07:31   #333
Senior - BHPian

Ravi bhai what clips are you all talking of?? I didn't get them. Can you post a pic to clear my doubt.
Old 28th March 2010, 10:38   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post

As the "Blue and White" nears her dream status of full originality
Congrats Raviji. Your car restoration was like a team job.. So congrats
Team-"Blue and White"

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Ravi bhai what clips are you all talking of?? I didn't get them. Can you post a pic to clear my doubt.
Sagarji, Raviji is referring to the Super Select wheel clips with which the wheel caps fix..

Blue and White is currently running on Padmini type wheels and Delight wheel caps. Behramji got him the SS wheel rims few months back and now he got the clips too for Ravi!

If the wheel doesn't have clips then a clamp is fixed to the wheel and a hole is made to the wheel cap to fix it to the wheel.

I hope whatever I said is right.
Old 28th March 2010, 15:46   #335
Senior - BHPian

Perfect explanation Arun ! Clips are fixed to the wheel rims, to hold the hubcaps in place. This is what they look like:
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-classic-drive-045-desktop-resolution.jpg  

My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-classic-drive-046-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 28th March 2010, 15:48   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perfect explanation Arun ! Clips are fixed to the wheel rims, to hold the hubcaps in place. This is what they look like:
Can we remove the clips from the wheel and reuse it?
Old 28th March 2010, 15:52   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Can we remove the clips from the wheel and reuse it?
Yes, but they have to be fitted perfectly, with rivets or nut-bolts. It's important to maintain the correct tension / springiness, so that the hubcaps don't fall off when you drive through a pothole or hit a speedbreaker !
Old 28th March 2010, 16:07   #338
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton to clear my doubts Arun and Ravi bhai. Just learnt a new thing about fiats from you guys.
Old 14th May 2010, 21:14   #339
Senior - BHPian

Giving it back in EQUAL MEASURE

How many of us (in Mumbai at least), have been subjected to relentless bullying and cutting by Taxi drivers - just because we drive delicate little Maruties and Hyundais, and they have their 'rough 'n' ready' Fiats ?

I'm sure you guys will enjoy this:

Picture this. Thick Mumbai peak-hour traffic. Mad drivers. Madder cabbies. And MRX 6839, the Blue and White.
As I tried to exit a traffic signal, this cabbie came from my left, and tried cutting me most savagely. I was unrelenting, and CHARGED at him instead. Angrily, he tried again after a few blocks, but failed again.
He had a "delicate little" Santro Taxi, and I had the Fiat !!
As our angry friend realized the tables were turned, he glared at me at the next signal, and asked "Boss, problem kyaa hai ?!?" I replied, the problem is yours, you fool. "Iss baar Fiat mere paas hai, maamu !"

As I left the signal, I heard him mutter to his passenger: "yedaa Bawa lagtaa hai.."
Attached Thumbnails
My 1962 Fiat Super Select - the journey begins.-worli-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 14th May 2010, 21:23   #340
Senior - BHPian

Happy that you beat a H car!

Your car is lookng cho cuute! Its looking like a scale model Fiat!

Last edited by arun1100 : 14th May 2010 at 21:24.
Old 14th May 2010, 22:04   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How many of us (in Mumbai at least), have been subjected to relentless bullying and cutting by Taxi drivers - just because we drive delicate little Maruties and Hyundais, and they have their 'rough 'n' ready' Fiats ?

As I left the signal, I heard him mutter to his passenger: "yedaa Bawa lagtaa hai.."
Arre Wah ravi!! You and your classic beat a 21st century car (even if a cab) huh!! Kai baat ahE (correct?)
This is my idea of a fun-filled day!!

And yeah, I dont blame him for taking you to be a bawa- your blue n white dudette sure makes one think this has to be a parsi's car!
Old 14th May 2010, 22:45   #342
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha, thanks guys..
You should've seen the look on the hapless cabbie's face - being beaten by an almost fifty year old car.
And that too, driven by a guy who looks like Mr. Bean.
Old 15th May 2010, 11:18   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha, thanks guys..
You should've seen the look on the hapless cabbie's face - being beaten by an almost fifty year old car.
And that too, driven by a guy who looks like Mr. Bean.
Do you remember the orange Swift fellows expression on Tulsi Pipe Road the other day ? Maybe you would like to share it here
Old 16th May 2010, 21:31   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Do you remember the orange Swift fellows expression on Tulsi Pipe Road the other day ? Maybe you would like to share it here
Gawwwd, that was an awesome ride. THREE of us on the front seat, with Adheesh at the wheel.
This Swift guy tried to act smart. Adheesh ripped like crazy, and DRIFTED the Super Select, ahead of the Swift !
I'd pay anything to see that guy's expression again .
Old 25th May 2010, 23:23   #345
BHPian

Quote:

Picture this. Thick Mumbai peak-hour traffic. Mad drivers. Madder cabbies. And MRX 6839, the Blue and White.
As I tried to exit a traffic signal, this cabbie came from my left, and tried cutting me most savagely. I was unrelenting, and CHARGED at him instead. Angrily, he tried again after a few blocks, but failed again.
He had a "delicate little" Santro Taxi, and I had the Fiat !!
As our angry friend realized the tables were turned, he glared at me at the next signal, and asked "Boss, problem kyaa hai ?!?" I replied, the problem is yours, you fool. "Iss baar Fiat mere paas hai, maamu !"

haha, thats really hilarious! hope the cabbies learn a lesson from this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks