Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2011, 23:06   #1186
BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat&Me View Post
Let us try to meet at DHA Vintage car rally on 26th Jan. Any participation from FCCH side? Shiva and Suren's FIATs? or Hillram's S Select/delight ?
@Chanu: this year your jeep or vespa/jawa ?
I'l cm by 10:00 after my office flag hoisting.
Dear Fiat&Me your FIAT logo Key chain is almost ready, here s a view of it. This week it will reach you for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-photo0552.jpg  

Old 27th February 2011, 23:40   #1187

@MEhul, Please remove that thing from your exhaust pipe! Please man!! It looks ugly and it will effect performance.

Nice pictures. How come only 6 cars attended? And why arent the Puntos in the same lineup and parked separately?
Old 28th February 2011, 00:03   #1188
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Cyrus43;2259667

Nice pictures. How come only 6 cars attended? And why arent the Puntos in the same lineup and parked separately?[/quote]

Puntos dont form part of FCCH.They came just as onlookers.But we included them in the meet.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:34   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
@MEhul, Please remove that thing from your exhaust pipe! Please man!! It looks ugly and it will effect performance.

Nice pictures. How come only 6 cars attended? And why arent the Puntos in the same lineup and parked separately?
@Cyrus43, You are right, actually I recently change the tail pipe with original S1 pipe, now the one now is bigger than before, so bought this to cover the end, but it is too extended. But the nice thing is that it is hollow inside, not mesh type so it wont effect the performance, it was removed in Kerala went the car got new undercoat. Here are some of the pictures of the new undercoat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-17022011437.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-photo0496.jpg  

Old 5th March 2011, 02:39   #1190
Senior - BHPian

This is our FCCH most senior member and septigenarian Mr.Suryanarayana an ardent Premier Padmini lover and hardcore highway driver in his 137D.He goes on National tour every quarter of the year along with his wife ..just both of them and they have been doing this forthe last 30 years in various Fiats.
Here are the pictures of his recent trip to Coorg,Mysore,Bangalore a trip of close to 2000 kms in span of 9 days.Im posting the pictures on his behalf.
In this last lap while on return journey,at Raichur,his Padmini ran over a huge granite boulder in the middle of the road and ripped the silencer and the suspension into pieces.Undeterred he removed the brokenparts and slowly completed the rest of 300kms back to Hyderabad and brought the car safely home.Padmini is now getting attended.
Kudos to his driving spirit and adventurism.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-img_1241.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-img_1218.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-img_1363.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-img_1112.jpg  

Old 10th March 2011, 14:32   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Hats off & grand salute to your passion and zeal. You are a bold hearted person, you will remail as an inspiration to me and many others. May god bless Mr & Mrs Suryanarayana garu to do many more trips like this. Wish to meet them and join them on their trip someday.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:30   #1192
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Recently I've been to Mysore, Karnataka in my Palio 1.2 I was throughly enjoying the drive to the fullest,

entire joy of the trip got dampened, heart felt heavy and tears rolled out though I hide them. Thought the car is saved rather getting chiseled but whats the fun it's going to die a slow death. One day I guess the car will break apart into two because of the wall in between which will allow rust below to form.

This car is the same which I wanted to buy before I brought Appu (delight) but, all of a sudden gone missing from the city this car was also showcased in T-Bhp somewhere.
I happened to see pics. of this car posted by shiva in his Facebook album. He said it was at some place at the AP-KA border though. He said the hotel owner refuses to sell, considers the Ambassador (that's what the guy thinks this car is!) is worth its weight in gold!

But yes, as you say, a time may come when it may unfortunately get sold by weight!

I didnt know it has been featured in this forum earlier!

I incidentally recall seeing a similar elegant (same colour) with someone in the old city (since sold) a few years ago.
Old 10th March 2011, 16:17   #1193
Senior - BHPian

I recently came to know that Guntur is now the hub for breaking Fiats and all the cars from every corner of AP are heading there.Our FCCH member picked up some amazing parts for his Premier Padmini.
Old 10th March 2011, 16:58   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Got a clarification this car is not the one which was posted on T-Bhp and the one I wanted to purchase but this car is certainly a lot which belongs to originality and a object of desire.

Ram sir why would a car be sent to Guntur which will incur another few thousands to get broken, there are good enough car in Andhra also Ram sir and I guess the cars around there are getting scrapped in Guntur. I have seen few good cars in Vijayawada awesome maintained cars.

Last edited by chanu : 10th March 2011 at 17:08. Reason: adding few more comments
Old 10th March 2011, 17:17   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Ram sir why would a car be sent to Guntur which will incur another few thousands to get broken, there are good enough car in Andhra also Ram sir and I guess the cars around there are getting scrapped in Guntur. I have seen few good cars in Vijayawada awesome maintained cars.
I know for sure that Guntur and Vijayawada have some awesome Fiats,especially Padminis.Neighbouring disctricts would benefit well enough to be scrapped in Guntur,even to that matter the Coastal districts.
Im planning to visit Guntur next month after my return from Paris.I will check this out myself.
Old 10th March 2011, 22:28   #1196
BHPian

[quote=hillram;2273536]All dear members of FIAT/Padmini/118 parivar its high time we all should stock up some parts for Italian beauties, because now a days LUCAS TVS is not making spares for our cars. So we need do stock up some essential parts like self motor ventex, coil etc.
Old 20th March 2011, 22:54   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Hello FCCH!

How about a Meet mid-way on Bangy - Hyd highway?

It will be super fun!
Old 20th March 2011, 23:06   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Hello FCCH!

How about a Meet mid-way on Bangy - Hyd highway?

It will be super fun!
Indeed it would be a great event,if we pull it off Karthik.
I will open the discussions with other FCCHians.
What place do you propose for Mid way meet?
Old 20th March 2011, 23:42   #1199
Senior - BHPian

I guess Hyd is 580 kms from Bangy. Somewhere around 250 kms?

May be for the first such meet, we can have a meet by driving in our new gen cars. This is not just my opinion, but what we all FCB guys felt we should do.

Just discuss with your 1100 friends. May be we can further discuss in mail.

Cya!

Last edited by funkykar : 20th March 2011 at 23:52.
Old 21st March 2011, 20:23   #1200
BHPian

WHOA!!! Mid-Way Drive on National Highway 7. This should a fun filled meet in between 2 states. FCCH let's get this event done in the near future

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks