Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2010, 21:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Few of enthusiastic Team Bhpians including myself,Balaji (Chanu) and Shiva (Cyberdoctorind) have been proactively thinking of bringing the scooter era back to life.
Today,we decided to synergise our efforts to make this happen.
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC) will try to bring the scootering spirit back by flagging off Classic Vespa,Lambretta/Lamby,Vijay/Allwyn Pushpak and some Bajaj Scooters of the by gone era.

First meet of HCSC will take place on 22nd August 2010 at 9.00am at Necklace Road in Hyderabad.

Members Confirmed are :
1.Hillram (Lambretta 150 Li)
2.Balaji (Vespa 150)
3.Shiva (Vespa 150)

Any Hyd Team Bhpians who possess these classic scooters are welcome to join this meet.
Old 15th August 2010, 22:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to all the scooter lovers! finally we have got a reason to smoke the roads with our Italian beauties. The much awaited Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC) has born. Let's meet up on 22nd Aug 2010, I bet its gonna be fun guys with ravishing curves and colours!

Just waiting for that moment (The Big Day).
Old 15th August 2010, 22:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Introducing my Italian beauty (Flying Sparrow) she apart from delivering milege, performance she presents infinate Joy.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-flying20sparrow.jpg  

Old 15th August 2010, 23:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Few of enthusiastic Team Bhpians including myself,Balaji (Chanu) and Shiva (Cyberdoctorind) have been proactively thinking of bringing the scooter era back to life.
Great news, guys! Wish you all the best from BCSC! Glad you chose HCSC as your name! Please post lots of pics of your rallies! And need I mention, any help you need from the Bangalore chapter, just let us know!
Old 15th August 2010, 23:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Yet another Classic Automobiles Club in Hyd! Great going.. Hope your tribe increases here too like FCCH.

Chanu: Stunning scoot man!
Shyam Garu: Waiting to see your lovely scoot(s) in this thread!

Old 15th August 2010, 23:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sidman....We will reach you for any help.
Karthik..Thanks for your wishes.
Here is my collection and some of them will be participating in the HCSC Rallys and Meets.
- 1962 Lambretta Li 150
- 1962 Vespa 150
- 1969 Vespa 150
- 1984 Bajaj Priya with Cozy "Rocket" Sidecar (needs a fresh coat of paint)
- 1996 Vespa PVX
- 1989 LML Vespa NV
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-lambretta.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-vespa-15062.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-vespa-1569.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-vespa-pvx.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-dsc00025.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-lml-vespa.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 15th August 2010 at 23:52.
Old 16th August 2010, 22:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Congratulations to all the scooter lovers! finally we have got a reason to smoke the roads with our Italian beauties. The much awaited Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC) has born. Let's meet up on 22nd Aug 2010, I bet its gonna be fun guys with ravishing curves and colours!

Just waiting for that moment (The Big Day).

hello everyone

well said bala

let recreate the history once again

Thanks and regards

Sushil Narayanan
Old 16th August 2010, 23:08   #8
BHPian

First meet of HCSC will take place on 22nd August 2010 at 9.00am at Necklace Road in Hyderabad.

Members Confirmed are :
1.Hillram (Lambretta 150 Li)
2.Balaji (Vespa 150)
3.Shiva (Vespa 150)
4.Sushil (Bajaj 150)
5 Rahul (Bajaj super 1982) *New member said will try his best.(tentative)
Old 16th August 2010, 23:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Great news, guys! Wish you all the best from BCSC! Glad you chose HCSC as your name! Please post lots of pics of your rallies! And need I mention, any help you need from the Bangalore chapter, just let us know!
Thanks Sidman, you guys have always been an inspiration and encouragement. We will definately post picutres of our rallies, events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Wow! Yet another Classic Automobiles Club in Hyd! Great going.. Hope your tribe increases here too like FCCH.

Chanu: Stunning scoot man!
Shyam Garu: Waiting to see your lovely scoot(s) in this thread!

Thanks Funkykar for the compliment. Infact she was very cute 6yrs ago she was little pinkish when painted as time passed by she has become little pale but she still has a beautiful shine.

Hyderabad has very nice collection of scooters believe me guys, we witnessed in our 15th aug DHAA vintage and classic show, we hope they will also join us some day.

We would definately need your assistance and encouragement and we promise we will extend all the help from our end to your folks.

Thanks
Bala

Last edited by chanu : 16th August 2010 at 23:26.
Old 16th August 2010, 23:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

As a safety concept and practice,I request all the riders to wear their helmets to the meet and ride safely.
Old 16th August 2010, 23:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a safety concept and practice,I request all the riders to wear their helmets to the meet and ride safely.
also I request you folks to prepare your scooters (I am sure they must be healthy) just to avoid last minute surprises.

I am thinking of a drive aswell Ram how about it? can we do it, if not we need to plan out a long drive like chilkoor road, warangal road or Medchal road just to feel the Joy with these Italian beauties and never experienced the feel of travelling with a group of Vespas, Lambrettas and other models.
Old 16th August 2010, 23:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also I request you folks to prepare your scooters (I am sure they must be healthy) just to avoid last minute surprises.

I am thinking of a drive aswell Ram how about it? can we do it, if not we need to plan out a long drive like chilkoor road, warangal road or Medchal road just to feel the Joy with these Italian beauties and never experienced the feel of travelling with a group of Vespas, Lambrettas and other models.
Preparation is a must for all the scooter..today i fitted trapezoid mirrors for my Lambretta and tanked up too.
Bala..Since we are meeting for the first time,lets first assemble and meet and greet.We can do a drive around necklace road and adjourne for breakfast.During the meet,we can plan for the future meets/long drives.

Last edited by hillram : 17th August 2010 at 00:04.
Old 16th August 2010, 23:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Preparation is a must for all the scooter..today i fitted trapazoid mirrors for my Lambretta and tanked up too.
Bala..Since we are meeting for the first time,lets first assemble and meet and greet.We can do a drive around necklace road and adjourne for breakfast.During the meet,we can plan for the future meets/long drives.
Like we did for our FCCH, that okay with me captain lets do the same thing with HCSC. we have another 4 impatient days to go I wish the rest of the week till 22nd flies off quickly, fast, immediately etc etc impatiently waiting for this sat when I will be spending my time enjoying cleaning, polishing etc with my "Sparrow".

Lambretta looks beautiful with those mirrors are they chromed ones Ram which is rare commodity so which one are your riding Ram?.

NOTE: Folks except of those who confirmed here about their presence please list out their name along with their companinons (scooter brand names) so it will be easy for us to prepare. All classic scooters are welcome.

Last edited by chanu : 17th August 2010 at 00:01.
Old 17th August 2010, 00:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

[quote=chanu;2029686]
Lambretta looks beautiful with those mirrors are they chromed ones Ram which is rare commodity so which one are your riding Ram?.

They are chromed mirrors ofcourse to get the period look.Im searching for round chromed mirrors for my Wasp.
Bala 4 days will fly away !!

Last edited by hillram : 17th August 2010 at 00:05.
Old 17th August 2010, 00:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

[quote=hillram;2029689]
Quote:

They are chromed mirrors ofcourse to get the period look.Im searching for round chromed mirrors for my Wasp.
Bala 4 days will fly away !!
try out the ones which comes with bullet because I guess those are the ones which are available, but what would you do for the clamp which comes on the handle bar.

Most Viewed