beautiful scoots
where can one get parts to maintain or restore these parts of indian history
Old 27th September 2010, 21:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
beautiful scoots
where can one get parts to maintain or restore these parts of indian history
Hyderabad has some really good shops where these parts can be sources,especially in Ramkote Area.
What exactly are you looking at? Can you post some pictures of any classic scooters that you possess.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:09   #93
Senior - BHPian

Apart from Ramkote we also need to look out for shops which are old and were busy selling scooter parts then, they must be having left over parts which is for us. Guys we need to collect as much parts for our beauties for future, going forward its will become hard. For instance the rubber parts from SENIOR, cables from REMSONS, Nut & bolts kit along with cables from REMSONS, Packing kits from ZEROLEAK, are still available and of good quality. Dont forget those dickey, bonnet beadings.
Old 28th September 2010, 22:10   #94
Senior - BHPian

Bala..Elcid Autoparts in front of Abids Traffic PS,Ramkote has all the parts that you have mentioned and he is a thorough gentlemen and loves Vespa restorers.He gave me a set of 2 Monograms free of cost,when i bought all the spares for my Vespa.

Last edited by hillram : 28th September 2010 at 22:26.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:49   #95
Senior - BHPian

I remember that shop Ram, it was one of the popular shops then, this gentleman also has a Vespa 63-64 grey in colour. Thanks Ram for giving the information.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:26   #96
BHPian

Another great shop for scooter and motorcycle parts used to be the State Motorcycle House at Siddiamber Bazaar. Unfortunately it was closed a few years back. Other wise this would have been the one stop shop for all 2 wheeler spares. I got all the fittings for my Bajaj Super from this place when it was repainted. Now we need to check out selected shops at Ramkote and King Koti as mentioned by Ram and Bala.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2010, 20:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Another great shop for scooter and motorcycle parts used to be the State Motorcycle House at Siddiamber Bazaar. Unfortunately it was closed a few years back. Other wise this would have been the one stop shop for all 2 wheeler spares. I got all the fittings for my Bajaj Super from this place when it was repainted. Now we need to check out selected shops at Ramkote and King Koti as mentioned by Ram and Bala.
Bala,Rahul..How about checking few shops this Saturday morning?id love to pick up few important and rare parts and stock them up for future use.
I already possess few sets of Vespa Logos,Taillights,Speedometres etc.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:39   #98
BHPian

Ram, I am not sure whether I would be free on Saturday morning. I would be back from work at 3 AM and there is work that needs to be done at home. However let me know what time you and Bala would be coming. If you are coming at Ramkote or King Koti, then I can try to join you as these places are within a couple of kilometers from my home.
Old 29th September 2010, 23:43   #99
Senior - BHPian

I am okay with it Ram and I feel this is how we can get started, I can join you at Ramkote. I can call you just before starting so you can plan your trip accordingly.

When you taillamps then is it the old type red and orange? I am also looking for a set of those lens. I had a pair with me but unfortunately I lost them at home along with the original body hope I will find them oneday.
Old 30th September 2010, 02:52   #100
Senior - BHPian

Bala,lets plan accordingly.
The tail light im refering to is the dual lens Tail light with orange and red lens that came till 64 Vespa.
Old 2nd October 2010, 03:38   #101
BHPian

Ram / Bala,
Did you guys finalize any plan to come to King Koti or Ramkote? Since Saturday is a National Holiday, I am not sure how many shops will be open. But if you guys are coming, then do give me a call & let me know the time. Let's see if we can find some spares for the scooters.
Old 2nd October 2010, 22:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Ram / Bala,
Did you guys finalize any plan to come to King Koti or Ramkote? Since Saturday is a National Holiday, I am not sure how many shops will be open. But if you guys are coming, then do give me a call & let me know the time. Let's see if we can find some spares for the scooters.
We didnot do this round up of scooter parts as most of the shops were closed.But i intend to do it soon.
Old 2nd October 2010, 23:09   #103
Senior - BHPian

Good that we did not venture out for the parts as we could have encountered disappointment as most of the shops were closed, I happened go out there for my Jeep's stencil writing work. We shall plan out the same someother day folks. Meanwhile I have contacted few mechanics who still work on scooters and asked them for any old scooters come up for sale, I am looking for another vespa 150 for myself.
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:38   #104
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Wanted to check if there is any place in Hyderabad where we can procure just the body of a scooter like Priya. The problem is we have a Priya (1970s model) which is in use but the body is in a very bad shape and it has reached a stage where it is not at all worth restoring. Even if it is restored, there is doubt as to how long it will last. The engine is perfectly fine as it was rebuilt just a year back. Hence checking if only scooter body would be available or not.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2010, 00:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

Rahul..The best thing to do is to hunt for a Priya and do a transplant.They will be available for a reasonable price.Look for classifieds like Freeads,you might find one.
I will also be on a look out for you.

Most Viewed