Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I have seen lot of people wearing NXR branded helmets of late

Any idea how good\bad they are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
I believe those would be the AXR helmets
Here's what I could find on XBHP:

"AXR is a product made by another Belgaum based company, Ryder Helmets who till recently made VERY low end helmets. They are importing the shells and other components from China and assembling in Belgaum. These are priced in the 2600 - 3600 price range depending on the model ( they have two) and the dealer"
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 23:08   #1952
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Recommendations for best helmet under 4k? Thanks in advance.

Regards, Rajat.
Old 1st March 2016, 23:14   #1953
BHPian

Guys what options do I have for a good helmet within 4K? I've been using ls2s previously and managed to lose 3 of them. The prices have been increasing crazily since the first time I bought one for 2.5k. The latest one I bought was for 3.1k about 2 years ago. Now I'm shocked to see that it's almost 5k on flipkart and amazon! That's just too much for a basic ls2. I know it's available @ places like Jc road for a lesser rate, but how much do I bargain for? Also, are there any other brands I can consider within 4K?
Old 2nd March 2016, 01:32   #1954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorofindia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Guys what options do I have for a good helmet within 4K?
Spartanprogear sells the Kranos Imola line of helmets made in collaboration with MT helmets. At 3750 they look like pretty good value.

Guys I was looking at buying an AGV K3 SV however I have got a great deal on a Scorpion EXO 2000 GP helmet. How good is it and are there any members here who have any experience with this helmet?
Old 2nd March 2016, 07:42   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorofindia View Post

Regards, Rajat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Also, are there any other brands I can consider within 4K?
Guys, please flip back few pages. I bought Kranos from Spartan Pro Gear @3700. They do have proper sales network in cities. Do visit their website for more details. I can vouch Its value for money.

Another option is THH but I found it very heavy.
Old 2nd March 2016, 11:57   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
I believe those would be the AXR helmets. And a quick snapdeal search yields 3.3k for the helmets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Here's what I could find on XBHP:

"AXR is a product made by another Belgaum based company, Ryder Helmets who till recently made VERY low end helmets. They are importing the shells and other components from China and assembling in Belgaum. These are priced in the 2600 - 3600 price range depending on the model ( they have two) and the dealer"
Ah, my bad - they are indeed AXR helmets. Thank you!

If they are importing shells and other components and are being locally assembled, I wonder how legitimate are the DOT and ECE stickers on them? Aren't they cheating by pasting these stickers and saying that the helmets are built to DOT and ECE standards, without subjecting the helmets to these tests?

--Anoop
Old 7th March 2016, 21:31   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Hey bud - Just to clarify; I do not mean putting your hand in all the way at the sides. Simply reach for the lowest part of your cheekpad and give it a little tug downwards. Makes things a lot better

I do this each time I wear my Bell RS 1, which has an integrated neck-roll as well. So trust me, it should not be a bother for you

Take care

Hey Bro,

Glad to inform that my Kranos broke in after about 300-400kms of ride. Its no longer hurting me but still fits perfectly and tight enough with my skull cap. So your tips worked out well. Thank you.

Last edited by jacs : 7th March 2016 at 21:32.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 22:46   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hey Bro,

Glad to inform that my Kranos broke in after about 300-400kms of ride. Its no longer hurting me but still fits perfectly and tight enough with my skull cap. So your tips worked out well. Thank you.
Glad it worked out bro!

Next up, try taking your liner apart, washing it and also soaking your liner and cheekpads in cold water before a ride in hot weather. Natural air conditioning, I kid you not

Old 9th March 2016, 15:58   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Now that I am comfortable with Kranos, in market for an open helmet for my better half. Unfortunately not found any DOT/ECE certified options below 5K budget. SPG is yet to launch open helmets.

Found an LS2 at around 6K and another one at 8.5K otherwise all were just ISI helmets from Vega, Studds etc.

Though the frequency of usage is less compared to mine, wanted something comfortable and safe at par with my Kranos. Any recommendations?
Old 11th March 2016, 00:38   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Now that I am comfortable with Kranos..
Why not get another Kranos for the missus too? Is she not comfortable with a full face?

Honestly, having seen the kind of damage even a low speed slide does to an open face helmet wearer, I'd never in my right mind advise one.
Old 12th March 2016, 10:27   #1961
BHPian

Is there any way to source Icon helmets in India? Im looking to buy one but all the online souces will have to ship them from abroad, even bikegear.in. I dont have any relative coming from the USA or any other swanky place who can get the lid for me. Any help regarding this?
Old 12th March 2016, 11:57   #1962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
Is there any way to source Icon helmets in India? Im looking to buy one but all the online souces will have to ship them from abroad, even bikegear.in. I dont have any relative coming from the USA or any other swanky place who can get the lid for me. Any help regarding this?
Maybe check with performance racing store in Mumbai? I think they stock icon... At least I remember seeing a few icon jackets with them online...
Old 12th March 2016, 15:48   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
I think high note performance in Delhi stocks icon helmets. You can check out their store or order online

Highnoteperformance.com

A friend ordered an Airmada from them. He's happy. Hope this helps.
Old 13th March 2016, 17:31   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Why not get another Kranos for the missus too? Is she not comfortable with a full face?

Honestly, having seen the kind of damage even a low speed slide does to an open face helmet wearer, I'd never in my right mind advise one.
Yes dreamseller, I would have been more than happy to pick another Kranos, but she was very particular about light weight and open helmet

Took her around, showed and made her try some helmets and she settled on Vega Eclipse. To be honest, I was not too happy to pick it but thought let her start using one now and can convince shortly for a better one.

Overall a value for money product at INR 1200. It has a inner half inner sun visor too. Comfortable to wear as its lighter than 1200g with good removable paddings

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-wp_20160308_08_34_46_pro.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-wp_20160308_08_34_59_pro.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-wp_20160308_08_35_21_pro.jpg
Old 13th March 2016, 20:16   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overall a value for money product at INR 1200. It has a inner half inner sun visor too. Comfortable to wear as its lighter than 1200g with good removable paddings
Lighter than 1200grams without the use of carbon-fibre, means it isn't going to protect your wife from anything much. Sorry to say, but you ought to try convincing her to go for a full-faced helmet there really isn't two ways about it. Statistics show that majority of impact during bike accidents is to the chin area so plead your wife to see reason and go with another Kranos if possible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks