Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 11:37   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nolan - India Distributor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Nolan are quite reputed and are better known with bikers abroad. However, DSG (Pune) too sells Nolan helmets.
Baleno,

Thanks

I am located abroad an I know what Nolan is and Nolan is one of the helmets I own.

My question was specific about the "sole distributor" for India of Nolan, as to if any one had a chance to look at the stuff they carry and comments of the price range.

This would enable me to get a comparison of the prices in India and abroad and advise fellow bikers from India who often ask me to buy and carry helmets from here to India.

That is all

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 7th August 2012, 22:42   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up an LS2 350 from a shop on jc road( at the jn of jc road and the road from lalbagh) cost was rs2700. Is that a decent price? Don't have much knowledge on these brands. Just know what I have read in this thread. Was using an ordinary helmet all this while. Picked this up in preparation for my new pulsar 200ns :-)
Old 10th August 2012, 18:19   #813
BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Got a SOL SL 68 S2 MetalMan(Red).
+ :
Very good build quality.
Definitely not an oven.
Graphics are brilliant.
- :
Did not notice any

Price:I'd rather not mention.
I also got two helmet caps,one balaclava for free.
EDIT:Forgot to mention this:
Thank you Shub!
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-sol-metalman-005.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-sol-metalman-006.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-sol-metalman-007.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-sol-metalman-008.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-sol-metalman-010.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-sol-metalman-011.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-sol-metalman-012.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-sol-metalman-013.jpg  

Last edited by Patriot_Vishwas : 10th August 2012 at 18:21.
Old 10th August 2012, 20:05   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
Got a SOL SL 68 S2 MetalMan(Red).
Price:I'd rather not mention.
Nice looking helmet! Congrats. Why would you rather not mention the price anyways?? Did you get it for a steal or did you end up paying more..?? If its a steal, then mentioning the range would help other prospective buyers. Also where did you pick it up from!
Old 10th August 2012, 21:56   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Nice looking helmet! Congrats. Why would you rather not mention the price anyways?? Did you get it for a steal or did you end up paying more..?? If its a steal, then mentioning the range would help other prospective buyers. Also where did you pick it up from!
Thanks, Abhinav.
My friends' ridiculed me for buying this as it costs over 5K!
4550 MRP + 14% Vat(Thanks to GoKA)=5187 INR.
I asked for Mr.Goel at Megha Enterprises but he was absent so another person Mr.Chandru helped me.
I tried to bargain but he told me that these are sold at MRP's contrary to the CROSS/LS2 brands.
BTW:
Which is better;I thought that it is U.S DOT(on my helmet) is better as it is embossed but my pal's ECE certified LS2 Phobia(sticker-ed) costs half as much.
Old 13th August 2012, 13:53   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Abhinav.
4550 MRP + 14% Vat(Thanks to GoKA)=5187 INR.
I asked for Mr.Goel at Megha Enterprises but he was absent so another person Mr.Chandru helped me.
I tried to bargain but he told me that these are sold at MRP's contrary to the CROSS/LS2 brands.
BTW:
Which is better;I thought that it is U.S DOT(on my helmet) is better as it is embossed but my pal's ECE certified LS2 Phobia(sticker-ed) costs half as much.
I don't know what I did to deserve the thanks. Nevertheless its a good buy. Its a good lid! Feels very snug!

Ride safe bro!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 14:05   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it was ridiculing about safety, then don't bother about such comments. 5k for a helmet of good quality is much less compared to a broken skull!! And there are helmets which cost the price of a R15 too. So you have done a good thing going for the best available in your budget.

Quote:
This is debatable but DOT embossed is good while ECE is always stuck as a sticker on even costlier branded helmets. DOT is US safety certification while ECE is European equivalent.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 13th August 2012 at 14:08.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 16:20   #818
BHPian

i use a sol sf1 acme red which weighs in at around 1819 gms. I am in a sales role, so i spend more than 6 hours a day driving around wearing this helmet.

Guys, need your help to find out if there are any other DOT certified helmets considerably lighter that this (1400 to 1500 gms) in the same if not lesser price range
Old 29th August 2012, 11:16   #819
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to get a new helmet and my budget is around 4k.Can anyone suggest me a good helmet for this price range?I have some doubts about the quality of LS2 helmets so its not in my list.please do suggest a good shop in chennai if possible.Thanks in advance
Old 29th August 2012, 12:59   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am planning to get a new helmet and my budget is around 4k.Can anyone suggest me a good helmet for this price range?I have some doubts about the quality of LS2 helmets so its not in my list.please do suggest a good shop in chennai if possible.Thanks in advance
See this.

You can get the SOL helmets in your price range and they are DOT certified too.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 13:07   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
See this.

You can get the SOL helmets in your price range and they are DOT certified too.
One of my friend recommended this helmet to me.I wanted to know whether any other alternative exists.Main problem with this helmet is that it will attract unwanted attention (my friends frequently lost their helmets,basic helmet locks are either ugly or useless) But I guess SOL is the best helmet for the give price range.Will go for it
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:20   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for a cool Open face helmet to use on my Dio during city runs so I can accomodate my sun glasses. Searched online and found cr*p.

Can someone recommend any shop they might have seen good quality open face helmets that dont cost a damn bomb? Will pay upto 2500 bucks.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:57   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Looking for a cool Open face helmet to use on my Dio during city runs so I can accomodate my sun glasses. Searched online and found cr*p.

Can someone recommend any shop they might have seen good quality open face helmets that dont cost a damn bomb? Will pay upto 2500 bucks.
Please check Helmet Paradise - Opposite Urvashi theater (at the corner). Ask for Ramesh - he is the owner and try to bargain for a good price. If it helps you can say "You are a friend of the guy who bought SparX helmet off him etc etc" :-)
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 15:43   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I have some doubts about the quality of LS2 helmets so its not in my list.
Can you please let me know the doubts you have about the quality of LS2 helmets. I have two LS2 Helmets for close to 3 years now and I might help you resolve your doubts.
Old 4th September 2012, 18:55   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
Can you please let me know the doubts you have about the quality of LS2 helmets. I have two LS2 Helmets for close to 3 years now and I might help you resolve your doubts.
I will quote few post which made me think twice before going for LS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm not really sure if the LS2 you are buying or wearing today IS a genuinely tested and CE approved helmet like it says so on the helmet. Reason? Well the CE certification is a mere sticker that is pasted on the outer shell which anyone can do. All someone needs to do is mass produce a similar helmet and paste the sticker which could be happening for all we know.

A genuine "trustworthy" helmet will have the certification codes like ECE 22.05 or Snell or DOT embossed or printed on the shell of the helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
LS2 - there are a lot of fakes now in the market so be sure of what you are buying. In fact, the LS2 dragon is now being sold as Vega after re-badging due to IS certification requirement.
Edit :I know there are lot of fake helmets of other brand too.But I guess helmets like SOL has few things which makes it hard to replicate(LED,Air vents,Quality of graphics)

Last edited by giri1.8 : 4th September 2012 at 18:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks