Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2013, 15:58   #931
BHPian

re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

This is one is for the Gurus of riding gear. I have been hunting for the primary helmet since some time. Had a miss fit on an XS size AGV K3 gloss black helmet that i had a friend carry for me from the US. I love the quality and wish to stick to the same series. The one i have zeroed in on is the AGV K3 5 Continents version as seen here in the picture. Any dealers here in Mumbai who can help or what can be the most reasonable way of acquiring the same in India?

P.S. Currently use the Cirus bought from AH Helmets. Guess i got conned there.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-agv_k3_rossi_5continents_main.jpg  

Old 13th May 2013, 14:01   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
This is one is for the Gurus of riding gear. I have been hunting for the primary helmet since some time. Had a miss fit on an XS size AGV K3 gloss black helmet that i had a friend carry for me from the US. I love the quality and wish to stick to the same series. The one i have zeroed in on is the AGV K3 5 Continents version as seen here in the picture. Any dealers here in Mumbai who can help or what can be the most reasonable way of acquiring the same in India?

P.S. Currently use the Cirus bought from AH Helmets. Guess i got conned there.
I think you could try these guys --> http://www.iccworld.com/about-us.asp

All you have to do is select your item, put in the web url for purchase on their site, give your details and request for a quote - within 2 days you will get an email with the quote and also a secure link for you to make the purchase.

Mods: i have no commercial interest/gain in recommending this website.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 15:53   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I think you could try these guys --> http://www.iccworld.com/about-us.asp

All you have to do is select your item, put in the web url for purchase on their site, give your details and request for a quote - within 2 days you will get an email with the quote and also a secure link for you to make the purchase.

Mods: i have no commercial interest/gain in recommending this website.
Thank you Shubz

I have emailed them the link. Will update here once i get a reply. Anyway i am too late for the track day i am about to do this weekend at Kari motor speedway. Will use the other alternative.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Old 13th May 2013, 16:37   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Any dealers here in Mumbai who can help or what can be the most reasonable way of acquiring the same in India?
Doc, you might want to drop in at Performance Racing Store. They have quite a good collection of helmets and accessories.
Old 19th May 2013, 10:20   #935
Senior - BHPian

Its helmet cleaning time!

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20130519_095529.jpg

Back to topic, I'm looking to replace my LS2 - everyday lid with a decent helmet. Thinking of a plain black AGV K4 - Any suggestions? Would probably pick up from the USA. Budget would be around $200
Old 21st May 2013, 22:04   #936
BHPian

Any place I can find LS2's in Kochi? Please help fast.
Old 21st May 2013, 22:42   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Any place I can find LS2's in Kochi? Please help fast.
AutoQueen at Kaloor junction.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 23:37   #938
BHPian

Does anyone know of a site or a catalog where I can look through the LS2 collection without having to visit a brick-and-mortar shop? Thanks in advance.

PS : Please don't suggest the LS2 official site, its unbearable.

EDIT : Nosfreak, has your helmet been delivered yet? And how was the experience?

Last edited by AbelAFC : 2nd June 2013 at 00:04.
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:06   #939
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Does anyone know of a site or a catalog where I can look through the LS2 collection without having to visit a brick-and-mortar shop? Thanks in advance.

PS : Please don't suggest the LS2 official site, its unbearable.

EDIT : Nosfreak, has your helmet been delivered yet? And how was the experience?
Abel - Are you particular about LS2? If not You may want to check out this website - Jafrum
Old 4th June 2013, 09:54   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post

Abel - Are you particular about LS2? If not You may want to check out this website - Jafrum
Not really, I just really liked LS2's designs. I shall definitely check it out, thank you!
Old 6th June 2013, 14:28   #941
Senior - BHPian

What helmet would you guys recommend for around 3.5k? I was looking at LS2. I'm looking for a combination of red and black for me HH Hunk.
Old 7th June 2013, 15:30   #942
BHPian

I am buying a Duke 390 at launch and am beginning to figure out what all equipment to purchase. I need some help buying a nice helmet for myself. Am willing to buy online and pay for shipping and duty.

1) I like (read LOVE, POSSESSIVE) my head and want it protected, really really well.
2) Will be using it for Sunday morning rides and perhaps to the gym (800 m from home)

I am hopelessly lost as to which helmet to buy. The logical decision seems to be to pick up an ARAI or Shoei at a close out price online. But is this option worth it? Are these helmets that much better than say Sparx? My budget is flexible, I do not wish to buy cheapest/most expensive but rather safest and something worth the price. I am open to all suggestions. Do not know too much about this so would be very grateful for any inputs.

Thanks!

Last edited by imp! : 7th June 2013 at 15:41.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 16:13   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I do not wish to buy cheapest/most expensive but rather safest and something worth the price
Then I'd suggest you go to a store and try on a helmet before buying online. A helmet needs to fit well to be really safe and somehow I'm not too convinced that a 'fit' can happen effectively when buying online. At least try on a similar sized and styled helmet from somewhere before buying a new piece online.

PS: Same advice on the Duke 390 btw, I too think that it looks like a good proposition from all the descriptions online, and I'm looking forward to the launch too, but never make up your mind on a vehicle before actually test riding the actual thing!

Last edited by am1m : 7th June 2013 at 16:16.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 16:51   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Then I'd suggest you go to a store and try on a helmet before buying online. A helmet needs to fit well to be really safe and somehow I'm not too convinced that a 'fit' can happen effectively when buying online. At least try on a similar sized and styled helmet from somewhere before buying a new piece online.

PS: Same advice on the Duke 390 btw, I too think that it looks like a good proposition from all the descriptions online, and I'm looking forward to the launch too, but never make up your mind on a vehicle before actually test riding the actual thing!

Thanks am1m,

I am going to try on a few helmets ofcourse. Thinking of going to Orion motors across from Forum. It was a general question based on brand safety.

I have a few issues with the Katoom, I find them too light and the manic top range power delivery on the KTM 200 isn't my cup of tea either. I would love to be riding a Monster/Street Triple/848/Daytona but the Ducs I can't afford or are not available and am getting tired of waiting for the Triumphs. I do not think the Ninja 300 is worth the money. Have not really considered the Ninja 650, don't know if I want to spend that kind of money on one.

The 390 seems to have hit most of the right buttons, and should command an excellent resale price. All-in-all considering the options available at the moment it seems the best bet! (But ordinarily I would never buy first batch of a car/bike, certainly not without a test. There is a reason to buy first batch in this case, if I can get delivery before mid July)

Cheers!

imp
Old 7th June 2013, 18:23   #945
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I am hopelessly lost as to which helmet to buy. The logical decision seems to be to pick up an ARAI or Shoei at a close out price online. But is this option worth it? Are these helmets that much better than say Sparx? My budget is flexible, I do not wish to buy cheapest/most expensive but rather safest and something worth the price. I am open to all suggestions. Do not know too much about this so would be very grateful for any inputs.
If you can pick up an ARAI, Shoei or even SHARK, I don't see why you have to consider the others. They are the best. Most helmets consider the minimum safety criteria (not considering el cheapos here) but the mentioned brands have extremely well designed products from safety and comfort perspective.

Do post pics whenever you get it with your Duke :-)

Last edited by JVH : 7th June 2013 at 18:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks