Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 16:51   #2446
Senior - BHPian

Stumbled across this mouth-watering deal! 60% off on a Snell 2010 rated helmet! But as with all closeouts, this one too is available in very limited sizes and colors. Plus you will need someone to carry it down from US for the deal to still be as sweet.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...airline-helmet
Old 20th September 2017, 21:01   #2447
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The only reason I am suggesting the HJC IS over the Bell Qualifier[/url]
I am considering the Bell Vortex and I don't see them being rated at Sharp UK website, any further info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrsooraj View Post
HJC IS 17 is one of the best Helmets i have put on my head. The Safety to Price ratio is so much more than most premium helmets out there. The paint finish and the cheeks pads pampers you into buying one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Bell
Qualifier is their starting range I believe, hence I am eyeing the Vortex.

Any lids which are certified by Snell, DOT, ECE and Sharp and fall in this price range?
Old 20th September 2017, 21:04   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any lids which are certified by Snell, DOT, ECE and Sharp and fall in this price range?
MT has 5 Star Sharp rated helmets around 7K. I presently use a MT and am fully satisfied.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 21:55   #2449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
MT has 5 Star Sharp rated helmets around 7K. I presently use a MT and am fully satisfied
+ 1

My MT is as comfortable as my Shark helmet. This feedback purely on the comfort factor

I use MT for short rides and Shark for long rides while my Bell RS 1 is looking in disdain at this bias
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 07:42   #2450
Team-BHP Support

Guys, a request, please see if a lid is available in size S with 5 star sharp rating. And that I can pay with a debit card. Budget 20K with a spare visor.
Old 21st September 2017, 07:44   #2451
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Guys, a request, please see if a lid is available in size S with 5 star sharp rating. And that I can pay with a debit card. Budget 20K with a spare visor.
MT Revenge -

https://www.spartanprogear.com/produ...nt=22527236484
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 08:54   #2452
Team-BHP Support

Have asked a friend to get the MT Revenge for me. Should get in 1st week of October.
Old 29th September 2017, 19:15   #2453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The HJC IS 17 is a really good helmet and to top it off is a 5* SHARP rated helmet and comes with a drop down visor. Here is the link - https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/hjc-is-17/
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrsooraj View Post
HJC IS 17 is one of the best Helmets i have put on my head. The Safety to Price ratio is so much more than most premium helmets out there. The paint finish and the cheeks pads pampers you into buying one.
Quote:

The only reason I am suggesting the HJC IS over the Bell Qualifier is that I personally have a lot of faith in the SHARP rating system (not everyone does, to each his own) and the Qualifier has only a 3 * rating. Link - https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/bell-qualifier-dlx/
Thanks to you guys. I too read a lot and did find that SHARP ratings are the best, debatable but none of the ratings are above SHARP.

Surprised to find the Bell Vortex not listed in SHARP website, is it a made for India product

Started to scour for 5 star rated helmets and only HJC fit the bill. Was in contact with other sellers but none really came up with a 5 star rated helmet in size S.

BTW, got this lid in size M and this fits snugly, I think the size S might have been a bit too snug [uncomfortable]

Have already got another visor with it, the dark one plus an anti-fogging mechanism along with it.

and the lid is gorgeous, the whites [save for the only top part] is in pearl white. It replaces the SparX lid and LS2 will do duty in short runs.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-whatsapp-image-20170929-07.22.37.jpeg  

Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 13:41   #2454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Just got myself the Shoei Hornet X2 - Closeout on Revzilla - $549
How is this doing so far?

I have been meaning to strike an Arai XD4.
Old 30th September 2017, 13:49   #2455
Senior - BHPian

Got the wrong sizing. So I have put it up on sale. Wore just one time to check size compatibility.

Since then been wearing an Arai Quantum ST Pro.

A friend uses the XD4 and stuffs his ear with balls of cotton to prevent himself from going deaf 😆
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 14:06   #2456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the wrong sizing. So I have put it up on sale. Wore just one time to check size compatibility.

Since then been wearing an Arai Quantum ST Pro.

A friend uses the XD4 and stuffs his ear with balls of cotton to prevent himself from going deaf 😆
Damn. Guess i will stick with the standard arai road touring range of lids then. No way am i going offroad anywhere anyway.

Any snaps of the quantum? Whats your feedback on these?
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:39   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Damn. Guess i will stick with the standard arai road touring range of lids then. No way am i going offroad anywhere anyway.

Any snaps of the quantum? Whats your feedback on these?
Here is the pic of the Quantum ST Pro. I got this from the Ducati store at Bologna. Got it for almost half the price it sells here in India.

Arai shell shape is a lot different than the Shoei ones. More longer & narrower. Super snug feel. Can feel the brand poshness inside. Nice ventilation. Little flimsy brow vent but other vents work precisely what they are designed for and you can actually feel it. This one comes with an external sun visor (they did this design so as to keep the weight lesser instead of having an IS. The Pro-Shade system is too good. Eliminates the use of sun glasses. It also acts like a little peak when riding in the dark. Optically correct visor & its wide for good visibility.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_5008.jpg  

Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:29   #2458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the pic of the Quantum ST Pro. I got this from the Ducati store at Bologna. Got it for almost half the price it sells here in India.

Arai shell shape is a lot different than the Shoei ones.
Beauty.

Will have to do my research now. I am looking at buying in japan, the model names are all different from what is sold elsewhere.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:38   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Beauty.

Will have to do my research now. I am looking at buying in japan, the model names are all different from what is sold elsewhere.
You will be spoilt for choice out there in Japan I am sure! Nail it between a Shoei or an Arai and you will not regret it!

One word of caution - any helmet with a peak - be ready for some vibrations and trust me -- they are BAD!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:19   #2460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You will be spoilt for choice out there in Japan I am sure! Nail it between a Shoei or an Arai and you will not regret it!

One word of caution - any helmet with a peak - be ready for some vibrations and trust me -- they are BAD!
No offroad dual sport lids for me. I wanted one purely for the huge range of vision the shields offer, i love that. Dont care for the peak apart from the looks. I am sticking with a good road touring lid from arai, quantum j, rapide ir, or the top of the line astral x. All with the pro shade add on.

My agv k5 is doing pretty well and is just a year old, but buying lids has become what buying shoes for a woman feels like. Dang.

After getting the k5, upgrading from an hjc cl17, i realized how enjoyable long distance touring is with the right helmet. Absolutely essential.

Last edited by Red Liner : 3rd October 2017 at 20:24.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed