Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:12   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Aditya - the charges are again based on the size and weight of the shipment. But I guess the shipping to India hovers around $50 mark.
That's reasonable compared to other sites. BikeBandit/Motorcycle Superstore charges US $ 100/- for their shipments.
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:23   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
That's reasonable compared to other sites. BikeBandit/Motorcycle Superstore charges US $ 100/- for their shipments.
Is $100 a standard fixed price? or is that the base price they work from?
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:27   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is $100 a standard fixed price? or is that the base price they work from?
I guess it's a base price but i could be wrong.
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:29   #1099
BHPian

I met with an accident in Oct and if not for my LS2 and Cramster gloves, things would have been a lot worse. Anyway, long story short, i suffered multiple fractures in my left forearm.

To ride again, I need to make 100% sure the left forearm is fully protected from refracture. The jacket I have has CE armor elbow inserts, but the forearm area is still unprotected. Any suggestions on what I can use to protect my forearm?

Thanks!
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:47   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REManiac78 View Post
Alternatively you can even look for local courier company who import from the US to India. Since I'm from Mumbai, I've come across a couple of good courier company's offering very competitive rates to bring the consignment via courier mail to India, and trust me their charges are way cheaper compared to the shipping charges offered by any of these web sites. Charges are typically up to Rs. 500 per kilo. Some of them will even clear the consignment for you without paying any customs duty. They only collect handling charges which is again minimal. Delivery time to India is typically 1 week after the consignment is picked up from the location in US.
When you mean local courier company, what do you mean? Can you provide any contacts and how much they actually charge? Also, how does borderlinx etc work in this situation? Will it still be cheaper than the sites' shipping costs?
Old 23rd January 2013, 17:00   #1101
BHPian

I currently own a pair of DSG Revive gloves and while these are perfect for city riding, I would prefer a pair of full gauntlets for touring. Went through planetdsg.com and found that they have the following 3 models:

1. Carbon
2. Primal
3. Vector (I do not prefer this as I do not want white color gloves)

Now between the Carbon and Primal I was not really able to figure out which was the better pair by reading the descriptions. Can anyone who has used or seen both tell me the differences between them?

Or if there are other options in the same price range, would be happy to know about them too.
Old 23rd January 2013, 17:01   #1102
BHPian

What I meant is a locally based courier company (near your residence or place of work) who would deal in sending & bringing in courier from / to abroad, typically US / UK. Ideally don't go for the very renowned ones, yes but more for the reliable ones. I say this because the renowned ones will charge a fancy price too. Since you are based on Bangalore, I wont be able to help you with any names and numbers. Also dont forget that the renowned ones would insist to custom clear the goods for which you may have to shell out an additional 30% duty.

Typically within a 5 km radius of an international airport, a lot of courier company's have their office. This is where you are likely to find your gem.

Borderlinx is good when it comes to service. However they come under the renowned category of service providers which I'm sure will be accompanied with a fancy price tag too.

I fully agree that the names mentioned provide brilliant service. My personal favorite however is www.sportbiketrackgear.com These guys are simply outstanding.

When it comes to prices and deals on any of the online retailers for any kind of gear - its clearly an outcome of how much stock does the online retailer carry for a particular product, season specific deals (autumn / spring wear etc.) in combination with the deal offered by the brand and the age of the product line.

Note from Support - Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th January 2013 at 11:23. Reason: posts merged
Old 24th January 2013, 10:35   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I would prefer a pair of full gauntlets for touring.

Now between the Carbon and Primal I was not really able to figure out which was the better pair by reading the descriptions. Can anyone who has used or seen both tell me the differences between them?

Or if there are other options in the same price range, would be happy to know about them too.
I would recommend DSG Primal gloves (Link) or as an alternative you can take a look at Spartan Ares.

Although i have not used these gloves personally, the construction of the Primal is excellent and far superior to the Vector or Carbon gloves, plus it has air vents to keep your palms cool. My suggestion is to go with DSG Primals.

Edit - You can buy these off Orion Yamaha, behind Forum Mall or from Helmet Paradise, Lalbagh Road.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th January 2013 at 10:37.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 11:01   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I currently own a pair of DSG Revive gloves and while these are perfect for city riding, I would prefer a pair of full gauntlets for touring. Went through planetdsg.com and found that they have the following 3 models:

You can go for the Primal without a worry. Im currently using Primal. It is a full gauntlet. Plus it has a protection around the wrist, which come in very handy in the event of a crash. Whereas carbon doesnt have such protectors for the wrist. Plus carbon is an older model, whereas the primal is a relatively newer model in terms of when they came on sale, so Primal would be more better designed.

Plus you can use the primal even for city rides due to its vents. I use it for both city as well as touring purpose without breaking a sweat.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 15:05   #1105
BHPian

Thanks @n_aditya and @Parthasarathig...Looks like the Primal is the popular choice. Thanks for your replies

I had taken a look at the Ares too but ruled it out for the same reason that I ruled out the Vector.
Old 28th January 2013, 19:26   #1106
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your advise guys. I went to the performance racing store at mumbai. But didnt get the Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3.0 jacket of SMALL size. So instead got a Joe Rocket RS2, rain jacket and pant, as I am in Andaman islands and it rains pretty heavily.

Bought the following items:
1. Joe Rocket RS2 rain jacket & pant - Rs 5500
2. Joe Rocket water proof gloves Ballistic 6.0 - Rs 4000
3. HJC Helmet - CL ST II GUARDIAN RED - Rs 7500
Old 3rd February 2013, 15:14   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinegopi View Post
Thanks a lot for your advise guys. I went to the performance racing store at mumbai. But didnt get the Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3.0 jacket of SMALL size. So instead got a Joe Rocket RS2, rain jacket and pant, as I am in Andaman islands and it rains pretty heavily.

Bought the following items:
1. Joe Rocket RS2 rain jacket & pant - Rs 5500
2. Joe Rocket water proof gloves Ballistic 6.0 - Rs 4000
3. HJC Helmet - CL ST II GUARDIAN RED - Rs 7500
Could you upload a few pictures of you wearing the helmet? Would like to see how it looks around the head, front and side views please. And your views on the helmet? I am considering this helmet as an upgrade.

Last edited by Motormania : 3rd February 2013 at 15:16.
Old 5th February 2013, 19:17   #1108
BHPian

Ya sure bro.....

Name:  ForumRunner_20130205_191405.png
Views: 2633
Size:  680.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130205_191448.png
Views: 2482
Size:  713.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130205_191456.png
Views: 2504
Size:  676.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130205_191503.png
Views: 2575
Size:  539.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post

Could you upload a few pictures of you wearing the helmet? Would like to see how it looks around the head, front and side views please. And your views on the helmet? I am considering this helmet as an upgrade.
Hope u saw how it looks. To give u a better idea. ....I am almost 5ft 10in and USED to weigh around 78 kg. But due to an ailment lost and now 65 kg. Shoulder seems shrunk. Anyways no point in telling about my health problems! !!

And as far as my views about the helmet....it'll take time cos I don't have a bike to ride now. TBTS 500 delivery expected around Feb last or March 1st week. It's been 3 years since I owned a bike. Last one being an Apache RTR.

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add more content to your post (within 30 mins of submitting the post) or use Multi-Quote option to reply to multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th February 2013 at 11:28. Reason: Posts Merged
Old 6th February 2013, 18:08   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinegopi View Post
Hope u saw how it looks. To give u a better idea. ....
Gopi Sir - is that a double D ring chin strap lock or a clip on type?
Old 6th February 2013, 20:59   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
I have had amazing experiences with Revzilla - www.revzilla.com and www.kneedraggers.com a.k.a http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle?...63ca69395ded61

Revzill does ship to India and so does another site called www.jafrum.com (though I haven't tried them)

I have bought tonnes of stuff from Revzilla during my multiple short visits to the US and their customer service has been exemplary to state the least!
Totally agree Revzilla has amazing customer service. I recently picked up Alpinestars T-GP Plus Air Jacket and they were very helpful in answering my queries and helping me choose the jacket.

For international shipping I think they want the order to be $300 or over?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks