Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 12:42   #2251
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

So in preparation for the WHR, I needed a pair Full Gauntlet Gloves!

Went around the town looking for one. Either they didn't appeal to me or were way too expensive. (a.k.a Dainese one's) and the one's that I would've picked when push came to shove (for lack of choice) - they didn't have the size!

The last thing I wanted to do was order online! And yes thats what I did, Ordered Online. From Outdoortravelgear.com, Mumbai

KNOX Hand Armour Covert Glove - 2014

Thankfully the size was right (or so I think)

Wore it on a almost 300 km round trip ride yesterday. May be my right hand is bigger than the left It was a tight fit on my right and just about right kind of fit on my left hand

Gloves haven't broken in yet (or so I think) - So curling them over the Brake/Clutch levers was a little bit of an effort initially.

But my worry is about my right hand being quite tight.

May be I need to wear it more? may be soften it up with some conditioner etc?

For the upcoming ride, I guess I will just use my older A* short cuff'd ones
The Riding Gear thread-img_1876.jpg
The Riding Gear thread-img_1875.jpg
Old 13th April 2015, 22:07   #2252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Gloves haven't broken in yet (or so I think) - So curling them over the Brake/Clutch levers was a little bit of an effort initially.

But my worry is about my right hand being quite tight
I think most good gloves take time to break in but once they do; they feel like second skin

I bought myself a pair of Dainese Piston short cuff gloves. My hands were not at all comfortable. Recently, I started wearing them regularly. Even when I was at home watching TV, I would wear these and keep making a fist. After around 500 or so kms, these fit me beautifully. It feels like they have moulded to the shape of my hands. The leather is soft and supple and provides great feel and feedback

I was thinking of selling these earlier, but not anymore. These are the best pair of gloves I have ever owned

My humble suggestion would be to ride with them a bit more and not bother about any fancy conditioners or whatever

Piston review -
Old 14th April 2015, 11:41   #2253
Senior - BHPian

No two hands are alike, but one thing I have learned from personal experience while buying gloves is if possible (like shoes) try on more than a single pair in the same size (once you're done trying on different sizes).

More importantly, buy gloves with slightly longer fingers than your own - when clenched into a fist as if holding the handle grip. Make sure the tips of your fingers do not touch the inside of the tips of the glove's fingers. In the shop it feels like nothing, but believe me, on a ride over any distance, the tips of your fingers become pressure points and excrutiangly sore.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 12:57   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Hey, Ive been to Kari twice in the past and there is no restriction of only a Leather Suit. However, i would prefer to be in leathers myself (as there is no better known protection level), even more so this time as i will have my RC390 (and not the rented R15's like the last 2 times) and i haven't ventured a race track with this kind of power.

Also, i have spoken to Apex guys about renting a suit of my size for the weekend and that will be taken care off but i need to once and for all make the investment.

There are other suits in the bracket of under 40k namely DSG and Cortech. Dont have any leads on Cortech and DSG is kind of made to order so they dont have one in my size.
Why don't you order the suit in your size, this will also cut down on days if you have already decided to buy a suit. The track issue is sorted as you would be renting a suit from them. Hope you have the shin length boots and the full length gloves.
Old 14th April 2015, 13:27   #2255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Why don't you order the suit in your size, this will also cut down on days if you have already decided to buy a suit. The track issue is sorted as you would be renting a suit from them. Hope you have the shin length boots and the full length gloves.
@Doctorque & @Speedy, my group LORDs recently got Leather Suits made from BBG (Biking Brotherhood Gears) Chennai. The owner came down to Pune & personally took the measurements. We all got the Jacket & the Pants made separately. None of us went in for a 1-pc suit keeping in mind the hot summers.

The Jacket fit me perfectly although it was a little tight for a few others but got broken into within a few days. I can't remember feeling so good / comfortable in any other riding jacket since I started riding. It has decent protection in the usual places + I opted for a hump at the back. Point to be noted that the inner liner for winter has to be sacrificed for the hump. Either one should be sufficient to keep you warm on a cold winter morning. There is a small zip at the base of the Jacket to connect it to the Pants.

The Pants are at least 3"-4" bigger at the Waist due to which I haven't been able to wear them at all. About 2-3 of us faced similar issues regarding the Pant sizes & have sent them to Chennai for rectification. Rest of us are using them without any issues.

I will upload a few pics soon. You may get in touch with BBG via their FB page. Ciao.
coolrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 13:48   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
I will upload a few pics soon. You may get in touch with BBG via their FB page. Ciao.
Aman, here's a not very good photo sent to me on WhatsApp by Rohit (rb2399 here) which I guess he got from Facebook.

Its of our ride to Lavasa.

Before starting, I spoke to some riders of the Pune superbiker club the ACEs. They too have similar club leathers, similar colors, and as I understand from you, the same manufacturers.

The Riding Gear thread-img20150328wa0002.jpg
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 14:27   #2257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Doctorque & @Speedy, my group LORDs recently got Leather Suits made from BBG (Biking Brotherhood Gears) Chennai. The owner came down to Pune & personally took the measurements. We all got the Jacket & the Pants made separately. None of us went in for a 1-pc suit keeping in mind the hot summers.
I have had a couple of friends make their customised suits from them, more like Dianese copies. The owner would have come to pune as it would have been a large order, i doubt he would come to Bombay for just one suit or jacket. The more practical thing is the two piece suit ( everyday ridding) but unfortunately at BIC they are not allowed and it turns out to be impractical to have two suits then for someone on a budget. I use my one piece suit for the sunday morning rides and i am most comfortable in it. Here the other thing is Doctorque also has time constraints as his track day is fast approaching.
Old 14th April 2015, 16:11   #2258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
No two hands are alike, but one thing I have learned from personal experience while buying gloves is if possible (like shoes) try on more than a single pair in the same size (once you're done trying on different sizes).

More importantly, buy gloves with slightly longer fingers than your own - when clenched into a fist as if holding the handle grip. Make sure the tips of your fingers do not touch the inside of the tips of the glove's fingers. In the shop it feels like nothing, but believe me, on a ride over any distance, the tips of your fingers become pressure points and excrutiangly sore.
yes this criteria is met. the fingers are longer than my actual fingers. Unfortunately none of the stores here in Bangalore had proper stock for me to actually go sizing n shopping. so had to get them online.
Old 14th April 2015, 16:34   #2259
BHPian

@Doc, Yes, even ACES have made their suits from this guy. Infact, we got his details from them.

@Speedy, actually the owner had come down to Lavasa-Lonavala etc for his honeymoon & took out half a day just for us. Taking measurements may seem like a 2 minute job for some but actually is a very tedious & long process in case of large groups.

I was very keen to make a 1-pc suit for which he even took the measurements (it takes a lot more time as compared to the 2-pc suit) but decided against it a couple of days later due to the impracticality.
My sincere Thanks to him for giving us his very valuable time.
coolrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 16:52   #2260
Senior - BHPian

I guess TBG guys also have 1 piece leathers in their product portfolio

So far have only heard good things about their products. I think Sagar of "Powerdrift" fame currently dons one
Old 14th April 2015, 17:17   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I guess TBG guys also have 1 piece leathers in their product portfolio

So far have only heard good things about their products. I think Sagar of "Powerdrift" fame currently dons one
Yes. Even Rakesh_S out here also swears by TBG! and I did touch n feel the gloves, they seemed to be of very good quality.
Old 14th April 2015, 17:32   #2262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
There are other suits in the bracket of under 40k namely DSG and Cortech. Dont have any leads on Cortech and DSG is kind of made to order so they dont have one in my size.
I suggest you wait it out for the next stock of AGV's.

Quote:
So after he met you guys he specially came down to mumbai and met us for the 1 piece suits. We wanted to give him an order of about 10suits and more. And we almost went through to it but decided to wait a day and go check out Performance racing store. We were also on a tight budget.

Iam not saying BBG's suits are bad. They in fact felt pretty good. But we could make out the vast difference in Quality between BBG's and AGV sports budget suit, the bullet. The good part is the AGV would have stringent quality checks on all their suits. Where as BBG's quality whos to check?

1.3mm (body) to 1.4 mm (impact areas) whos to check that?
Advanced Safety Seam Stitching (ASSC) ?
YKK Zippers ? etc...etc

They all maybe made in the same country. But Quality and safety have to be seen first.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 17:40   #2263
Senior - BHPian

I am confused. We have a BBG we are talking about here, from Chennai.

What is TBG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
AGV sports budget suit, the bullet.
How much does this budget suit cost? Any photos would be great.

A couple of friends have not had very happy experiences with AGVs textile riding pants though. The fabric fraying and splitting and unravelling at the crotch at the stitch line. Same shop .....

Last edited by ebonho : 14th April 2015 at 17:52.
Old 14th April 2015, 17:51   #2264
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back post. Meant to merge it with the earlier one but absentmindedly hit send ....

Last edited by ebonho : 14th April 2015 at 17:52.
Old 14th April 2015, 17:55   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I am confused. We have a BBG we are talking about here, from Chennai.

What is TBG?
https://www.facebook.com/thebreedgea...?tab=page_info

Do check out some of the latest Powerdrift vids doc, like the Benelli 899 review. Sagar is wearing the "Track Breed Gear" one piece suit

Edit - Not just here, but even in the states people have complained of their textile pants splitting up from the crotch. Their leathers are a different story though. Top notch stuff, hard to fault

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 14th April 2015 at 17:57.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks