Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:21   #30946
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

No way a dealer can ask the customer if he/she knows driving or if he/she is confident enough .

It is just like asking a customer at a restaurant if he/she has enough money to pay the bill!.

There are some things that are taken for granted. Though now we know how dangerous it can be.

Whenever I have driven somebody's else's car or vice-versa, I ensure all the controls are clearly understood by the driver, get a feel of the pedals, honk once or twice, change indicators and usage of headlights, high/low beam and flash.
And of course, adjust the seats and ORVMs as per convenience.

And all of this before moving. Hardly takes a minute.

Last edited by Nalin1 : 22nd June 2020 at 12:39. Reason: spelling
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:48   #30947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope they RIP but am also happy they didn't take any hapless bystander with them.
I really don't want to sound sinister here, but such souls can never RIP. I almost witnessed this live yesterday, as I was returning to Bangalore from Gowribidnur.

These idiots were doing these stunts just ahead of me, while couple more jerks were recording them on their phone while riding pillion on other bikes. I slowed down expecting trouble, and not too soon a S-Cross hurling down the road at great speed almost knocked these morons out when they made a very sharp U-Turn.

I only hope that the 3 dead are the ones that were doing such dumb stunts in the middle of the highway
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:54   #30948
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the Polo and Carnival episodes, I am only glad that many 'incidents' were avoided thanks to these in-showroom accidents. Imagine yourself or your family crossing the road ahead of these cars, or your kids cycling anywhere near these newbies!

These episodes only reiterate the need for stricter RTO norms for approving a DL to a person.

PS - A few months ago during the lock down initial phase my neighbor wanted to borrow my wife's Kwid AMT to run a family medical emergency. After fumbling even to start the car (press the brake pedal to crank) he decided its not his cup of tea and instead took my Sail UVA. Wise thinking, me thinks now!!
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:58   #30949
Senior - BHPian

A similar case like the Mercedes S Class.

Watch: Locals Jump Into River To Save Newlywed Couple In A Half-Sunk Car https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/jhar...nk-car-2249958
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 13:22   #30950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
A similar case like the Mercedes S Class.

Watch: Locals Jump Into River To Save Newlywed Couple In A Half-Sunk Car https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/jhar...nk-car-2249958
This time the braveheart villagers could save the newly weds, who got a second lease of life.

Another very gory incident early this morning in Yellankha, on the highway leading to the Bengaluru Kempe Gowda Airport. Youngsters were doing dare devil and killer stunts on two motorbikes this morning. One bike crashed with the other. Result two dead on the spot, while the third one succumbed to his injuries in a hospital.

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/...671727110?s=08
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:56   #30951
Senior - BHPian

Tried searching about this, couldn't find, hopefully its not duplicate. Another accident due to the wheelies on public roads, near Jakkur airfield, Bangalore. We need to have strict rules and fines to discourage the loss of such lives and risk to public around.

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/76500675.cms
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:22   #30952
BHPian

The easiest solution to avoid all this would be home delivering the car! Believe me, It will be a hassle-free experience.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd June 2020 at 18:48. Reason: Belive > Believe
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:57   #30953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
The easiest solution to avoid all this would be home delivering the car! Believe me, It will be a hassle-free experience.
When I bought a pre-loved Nano from Spinny, I opted for home delivery. Saved myself from the hassle of driving intracity and also we never know what kind of parking facilities the dealer might have.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th June 2020 at 05:16. Reason: Quoted post edited + added some missing words in the last sentence. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:05   #30954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Tried searching about this, couldn't find, hopefully its not duplicate. Another accident due to the wheelies on public roads, near Jakkur airfield, Bangalore. We need to have strict rules and fines to discourage the loss of such lives and risk to public around.

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/76500675.cms
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

Another very gory incident early this morning in Yellankha, on the highway leading to the Bengaluru Kempe Gowda Airport. Youngsters were doing dare devil and killer stunts on two motorbikes this morning. One bike crashed with the other. Result two dead on the spot, while the third one succumbed to his injuries in a hospital.

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/...671727110?s=08
Same accident.

Seeking cheap adrenaline rush costed them their life.
BANDHAV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:46   #30955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/76498453.cms

I hope they RIP but am also happy they didn't take any hapless bystander with them. They aren't the most careful of riders shall we say.
I passed this spot right after it happened and had the misfortune of seeing one chap with his skull split open. Idiots!
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:59   #30956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Kia Carnival crashed into the wall right after the delivery. Airbags deployed
This is really sad to see a new car crash against a wall at the time to delivery. No wonder my dad handed ovee the keys to me as he had never driven an automatic. I shouldn't be laughing but this was hilarious to some extend. I'm sure it will work its way to careless accident compilations on YouTube. Car seems really solid but the part supply is dead slow in Kia.
Old 22nd June 2020, 20:35   #30957
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Or you could have done it like this:-
This is not funny. But hey, yes it is! . Love the way the showroom guy covers his ears!

Pros do stupid stuff too. There was a VW dealer in London with a hire department, and I used to take cars for weekends and holidays from them. Sadly, I had an accident in the nicest one, a Passat estate. They had to get it back, 300 miles, on a truck. Anyway, I was actually absolved in a police report, and the company was OK with that and continued to rent cars to me. I asked after the Passat: the front end repairs were costed at over 2,000 GBP. But the worst thing was that the company driver backed it out of the workshop straight into another car. So it went straight back in for back end repairs.

At a big Maruti service centre, long ago, my Swift had to go back to the technician for some small thing after a service. I wanted to drive it, but the service advisor flatly refused. And by the time we reached the technician, I could understand why. Every available space was taken: the room to manoeuvre vehicles was at absolute minimum. But that was a far cry from a couple of turns to reach the gate from the delivery spot

Companies could have a rule that no members of the public drive on the company premises ever. That would mean delivering on the street, or, at least, on an unobstructed front courtyard. As others have said, when the truly incompetent are involved, this just transfers the inevitable disaster to the public road, where consequences could be so much worse.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 22nd June 2020 at 20:38.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:47   #30958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post

Seeking cheap adrenaline rush costed them their life.
Can understand that the guy who rides it might enjoy this madness, but what the heck does the pillion gets to enjoy here apart from hanging on to the riders butt and about to fall from that bike.

Ridiculous, I have no remorse to these guys who met with the accident, this is a common sight in almost all these routes that connects to the Bangalore urban outskirts.

Sad for their parents.
balenoed_ is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 22:43   #30959
BHPian

Just previous weekend I had narrow escape with guys doing wheelies on 80 feet road in BSK 6th stage in early morning, they couldn't control the direction of their scooters and they were about to hit my car head-on. They were on wrong side of the road and they could have killed any of the few senior folks who are out for a walk.

I have no remorse to these guys and their parents, who didn't teach them basic responsibility, and trained them as murders. In some cases, sponsored them the two wheelers, which is weapon in wrong hands.
manjubp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 23:06   #30960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Another accident due to the wheelies on public roads, near Jakkur airfield, Bangalore.
And what went wrong here. Video shows that one of the bike went and hit the other one which looked to be stationery. What was the other doing stopped there. These maniacs generally keep going and why did the guy at the front stop. And this guy with its pitch up attitude (45 degrees?) would not have a visibility of the road down. Heck!

Look at their ages- 16,17,22..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks