Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 11:48   #7726
BHPian

As far as I can hear, there is nothing wrong in the commentary, although it's slightly mumbled in the beginning. It's quite normal to comment on a relatively small car doing those speeds. There was no honking or anything else to suggest that they pushed the i10 to that accident. Having said that. I always yield to any car big or small when I can sense that they are driving at a higher speed than me. No point in going beyond your comfort zone just because someone else is doing it.
sbkumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 11:50   #7727
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before as I joined just now and could go through only few pages at a time.

1. Women drivers (Sometimes men too ) with earphones put in both the ears. This is generally followed by folded side mirrors and rear view focusing on their face so that they can do a little make up at every red light.

2. Slow driving in the right most lanes. I am not asking them to break speed limits but they can come to the middle lane if they have to go at 30 kmph. I think they like that lane because they don't have to worry about their right side. Its just a divider there. May be not so confident ?
Metallicar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 13:18   #7728
Distinguished - BHPian

Please try to avoid gender discrimination and generalisations.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 13:15   #7729
Senior - BHPian

KA-53-MB-8896 brown Duster with LTD on the right side of the hatch (spotted on the ORR near Cessna Business Park this morning).

you drive like a maniac, switching between lanes erratically and without indication! you were texting on your phone when you switched to the left while traversing through the underpass and almost plastered me (on my bike) to the wall!

your being connected to your friends might be important to you, but guess what - my life is important to me!
IronH4WK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:47   #7730
BHPian

TN-10-AL-2167 - Honda Amaze with Black Tints on the Front windshield on GST Road after Alandur Metro station

Dude you were driving like a maniac right from Ashok Pillar. I saw you cutting across a Santro that was in front of me from the left lane without any indicators.

And, you come tailgating behind me so closely resembling thugs from the South Indian movies in their Sumos/Scorpios.

Then, you cut across a biker who was driving a Yamaha FZs. I felt so relieved that he managed without a fall.

What's your problem mate? Don't do such acrobatics hereafter.

I hope you don't put fellow road-users into trouble.
Old 12th August 2015, 22:08   #7731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Reporting a bad driver, bhpians. Fortunately the video is captured using professional equipments and shown on Youtube.
VIDEO
He is taking off quick, but looks like it is the 2nd gear. Not good for the engine.
Affirming his feelings for the co-passenger, taking his eyes off the road often, even when driving through water puddles.
Overtaking a Volvo bus when nearing a blind corner. No sufficient distance maintained. If only he had an idea about how these Volvo monsters brake!
And blind in overtaking as well- failing to spot the (so-called) landslide just ahead of the volvo.
Sudden steering inputs for no apparent reason in loose gravel.
The only solace is is that he believes in women empowerment, he gladly vacates the seat for her. #Mytime #Mychoice.
I feel sorry that such unsafe driving is confused for macho and is peddled by Hundai in their advertising...I think the lady was worried for her life in this driver's hands and so had taken the driver's seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
I even saw a Youtube video where a Tata Aria was for no sane reason was chasing an Audi. That idiot was bragging to his co driver - "Audi has great pickup but after a while I can catchup". God save the world.
This punching above a guy's own weight may cost dearly. The Aria guy can catch up with Audi because the Audi driver is a sane guy. I drive fast but when all of a sudden, a far off spec from the rv mirror appears suddenly very near and try to compete, either the driver and car or are very good or the driver is mad. In either case, I give way to them. I find funny that Swift guys push their car to limit and try to overtake a car already doing forty scores above a ton!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2015 at 22:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 13th August 2015, 08:46   #7732
BHPian

So, you can't cross into TN and KL from the KA side through the Bandipur forest after 9pm in the night until 6am, as they close the forest gates. Say, after 7 until minutes before 9PM, the Mysore-Gundelpet road sees all kind of reckless driving at break-neck speeds to cross the KA border.

A couple of weeks back, I crossed Gundelpet and was somewhere near the now infamous Kaveri hotel, a silver Duster overtakes me and shoves himself into the tiny gap between me and the car in front of me. I had to brake hard to avoid a collision. Sanity was done away with, and I wanted to give a piece of my mind to the driver.
Overtook him, put on the hazard lights and waved him to stop. He perhaps, got the message and slowly pulled over to the right side, with lowered windows. Before he started to speak, I showered upon him the best of expletives, only to realize that , a middle aged lady was his co-passenger and another pretty old lady was sitting in the rear seat. And the driver was a decent looking mid aged gent too and he apologized profusely.
Honestly, I felt very bad, for his family and myself. People are free to kill themselves and their families doing all this circus on the roads, but why put other road-user's life at risk??

Perhaps, they had a medical emergency, perhaps some personal emergency, but then, the way he drove would have created a emergency situation for both the parties, and perhaps, other human beings in vehicles moving in the front and rear too.

Last edited by jeeva : 13th August 2015 at 08:48.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 09:00   #7733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
So, you can't cross into TN and KL from the KA side through the Bandipur forest after 9pm in the night until 6am, as they close the forest gates. Say, after 7 until minutes before 9PM, the Mysore-Gundelpet road sees all kind of reckless driving at break-neck speeds to cross the KA border.

A couple of weeks back, I crossed Gundelpet and was somewhere near the now infamous Kaveri hotel, a silver Duster overtakes me and shoves himself into the tiny gap between me and the car in front of me. I had to brake hard to avoid a collision. Sanity was done away with, and I wanted to give a piece of my mind to the driver.
Overtook him, put on the hazard lights and waved him to stop. He perhaps, got the message and slowly pulled over to the right side, with lowered windows. Before he started to speak, I showered upon him the best of expletives, only to realize that , a middle aged lady was his co-passenger and another pretty old lady was sitting in the rear seat. And the driver was a decent looking mid aged gent too and he apologized profusely.
Honestly, I felt very bad, for his family and myself. People are free to kill themselves and their families doing all this circus on the roads, but why put other road-user's life at risk??

Perhaps, they had a medical emergency, perhaps some personal emergency, but then, the way he drove would have created a emergency situation for both the parties, and perhaps, other human beings in vehicles moving in the front and rear too.
Was he trying to avoid oncoming traffic when he squeezed into the gap in front of you? Maybe it was an overtaking gone wrong and he saved himself at the last moment. Or not.

Irrespective of who was there in the car with him, what you did was a good trigger for road rage. Please avoid it in the future.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 13th August 2015 at 09:27.
Old 13th August 2015, 21:17   #7734
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This week on 4 days I have tried 2 different routes to work starting at the same time in pretty similar traffic conditions on both scooter and car.
Found that the time taken in the morning is very similar maybe about 5 minutes faster by scooter. So when I was telling this to a friend he said that makes sense since you ride the 2 Wheeler in a decent and safe manner like you drive the car I told him I hope that's just a joke, but then he said see lots of 2 wheelers use the footpaths to ride, create spaces for themselves between other vehicles and nudge past and you do none of that so it will take you the same time. However I really think the Old madras road ITPL traffic has cars and larger vehicles outnumbering 2 wheelers by a huge margin and since they occupy most of the space it blocks 2 wheelers from having a free run. However, on the return journey the scooter ride is easily 15 minutes faster!

Last edited by NPV : 13th August 2015 at 21:20.
Old 13th August 2015, 23:56   #7735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Found that the time taken in the morning is very similar maybe about 5 minutes faster by scooter...However, on the return journey the scooter ride is easily 15 minutes faster!
To save 20 minutes of commute time, you have to risk your life and limb, thanks to the uncouth drivers & riders, and inhale a lot more poisonous fumes from the "clean" vehicles on the road, and of course the risk of getting drenched in a quick shower. But yea, the risks are also dependent on the time you commute. I got a similar comment as you did, from a friend of mine when I stated similar savings in time if I take the two-wheeler instead of the car. Since the car runs empty only for the last couple of km of my office commute, I don't really feel any guilt of using up valuable road space
Old 14th August 2015, 09:50   #7736
BHPian

For 20 minutes he stood on the road like this.

While that huge parking space was empty.
20 minutes.
Engine on. AC on.

People kept coming from behind.
Honking.
Did not budge.

Just stood there in the middle of the road - when he could have easily parked and do the right thing.

Then I lost it.
I went upto him to tell him, why don't you park here when there is so much space!

You know what he did... Drove off!

I am still trying to understand why would he keep driving and waste fuel, energy.
When he can park!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1439526025585.jpg  

Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 00:21   #7737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
I am still trying to understand why would he keep driving and waste fuel, energy.
When he can park!
I guess he was trying to do some longevity test on the engine and air-conditioning unit at idle RPMs It was so unfortunate for him that he had to abort mission because of you

Jokes apart, there are these Prank TV Shows nowadays which attract a lot of attention. I cannot be sure if he was one such prankster (Just guessing)
Old 15th August 2015, 01:43   #7738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
I guess he was trying to do some longevity test on the engine and air-conditioning unit at idle RPMs It was so unfortunate for him that he had to abort mission because of you

Jokes apart, there are these Prank TV Shows nowadays which attract a lot of attention. I cannot be sure if he was one such prankster (Just guessing)
Well... Good theory. But he could do that 'test' while positioned in the safe space and not in the middle of the road!

And your second point...
If this was some prank - really poor taste. At the expense of a lot of other people.

And no it wasn't. He wasn't a prankster. For sure.
Old 22nd August 2015, 11:11   #7739
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

On the ITPL main road, how do you prevent a long line of vehicles waiting to make a U-turn ? Surely, will inconvenience others not the road ?
Now, we know the answer - an "innovative" solution with 3 cars (all white in this case!) trying to make the turn at the same time, 3-in-1
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-3-1-turn.jpg
Old 22nd August 2015, 12:46   #7740
Senior - BHPian

Sarjapur main road - road opposite total mall / next to mother hood hospital that leads towards NR layout road and then to NH7 @ Bellandur near Mast Kalandar

One yellow board sumo trying to come out of that road and turn right, another yellow board sumo from the opposite direction trying to turn into that lane.

Both of them with bumpers scant inches from each other and neither willing to budge - each is asking the other to [censored] reverse his [censored] scrapheap (their words, suitably edited) - while assorted two wheelers, cars trying to squeeze past and go straight etc occupy all the rest of the road around them.

Massive traffic jam till some guy got off his bike and started acting like a traffic cop - at least, unlike some such overly enthu good samaritan types, he managed to clear the jam
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks