Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 11:30   #12406
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Not sure why some two wheeler riders are always in a hurry. Saw this biker rear ending a car (minor). Another rider on wrong side violating one way.
https://Youtu.be/w-gTJcrNnx8
I have been in B'lore for past 24 months after spending couple of decades in cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Mumbai et al. The worst 2-wheeler drivers I have seen are here and no where else I swear. They are in a perennial hurry, do not care about their own safety, leave alone others on the road. Rash driving, dangerous manoeuvres and what not. My ORVM has been sacrificed thrice in these past 2 years and every time for no fault of mine and all of a berserk 2-wheeler.
1lokesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 17:53   #12407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
2) Secondly, the passengers in a bus, car, or autorickshaw spitting out pan/tobacco without even looking back and forth to see any oncoming vehicle before spitting.
This behavior has been the same for like, over a decade from what I know. But it's like, in Chennai, it really went down for a few years, and now we're seeing stuff like this becoming common again. Who knows when these folks will actually decide to change things up.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:11   #12408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The rider showed no signs of any remorse and the long printout of the challans he was booked for was displayed by him.
40 challans and only Rs.12000. Add one more zero to the fine and he would have shown far more remorse.
Old 22nd August 2023, 11:16   #12409
Senior - BHPian

If it was Bangalore, all the rider would need to do is agree to pay for a couple of offenses and they write off the remaining

Not sure of the logic, but when they stopped my access for checking violations a couple of years ago, stumbled on 2 other violations that I wasn't notified by any means. They made me pay for 1 and wrote off the other 2.

I have 'heard' that paying something to them personally also they can write off. In my case, they voluntarily did it.

EDIT: Not to mention Bangalore Traffic Police even comes up with festive offers kinda sales where they offer a 50% discount for paying all pending fines in the stipulated time period.

Last edited by funkykar : 22nd August 2023 at 11:17.
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 11:51   #12410
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a really bad BMW driver, that nearly side-swiped me on the Purvanchal Expressway a few days ago. Not having lane markings on the road meant I couldn't predict the BMW's leftward move early enough. I had to brake hard from 100 km/h to nearly stop behind the BMW.
SS-Traveller is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 00:48   #12411
BHPian

At least in Kolkata, in my opinion :
1. They drive very slowly or too fast then brake hard.
2. They attempt to overtake from the wrong side
3. They come very close or “chappo” you for no reason.
4. They don’t use indicators and suddenly change lanes with no regard for anyone else on the road.
5. They brake test people for no reason.
6. They drive fast and rash without being able to actually control their car or actually having the confidence to do so.
Ghost131100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 11:11   #12412
BHPian

What on earth did I just watch? Sociopath with a driving license, basically. Good lord.

Quote:
A woman driving an old Honda City injured three people in a Greater Noida society. As people tried to stop the woman driver and her daughter, they argued and screamed at the bystanders, asking them to take the injured to the hospital if they were so concerned.
https://www.cartoq.com/woman-learnin...ospital-video/
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 12:38   #12413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
What on earth did I just watch? Sociopath with a driving license, basically. Good lord.

https://www.cartoq.com/woman-learnin...ospital-video/
Those 2 women belong in jail with a lifetime ban on driving, and their car needs to auctioned off. Shocking!
Old 23rd August 2023, 14:54   #12414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Those 2 women belong in jail with a lifetime ban on driving, and their car needs to auctioned off. Shocking!
I've seen plenty of videos of such bad drivers and some running over people, where some even flee, but this is the first one I've seen after such incident where they're yelling at the crowd, and saying absolutely horrific stuff like "If you care so much you take them to the hospital" (paraphrased)! And stands there with no care in the world. How can people be so sociopathic? Jesus.
epiccross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 20:33   #12415
Distinguished - BHPian

No explanation needed. Just a stupid inattentive lorry driver and an equally inattentive motorcycle rider.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 20:25   #12416
BHPian

Which is better ?

Getting drenched by rain or

Getting hit by a vehicle

This biker chose the latter.

Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 11:17   #12417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Which is better ?

Getting drenched by rain or

Getting hit by a vehicle

This biker chose the latter.

https://Youtu.be/5IFXy7ziUqU
Totally relate to this. I have seen nowadays, since rains have reduced, bikers aren't prepared. Once it starts raining heavily they'll scamper towards a shelter or turn left immediately for cover. Multiple times I have avoided collision due to this.

One day I was waiting at a signal on western express highway below a flyover and it started raining. Our signal turned green, cars started moving, bikers from all directions started moving, with no care for our signal to take cover under the flyover. Absolute madness.
Old 31st August 2023, 07:54   #12418
BHPian

Location: Bengaluru ORR (outer ring road), flyover in front of Reliance Centro mall/Wework, near Bellandur

Date: Last week

Was driving towards ORR Sarjapura junction from Marathahalli side. I was on RHS lane.

A swift dzire was honking like mad from behind me, flashing to give him way to overtake me. Probably a yellow board/cabbie.

Due to ongoing metro work, parts of road are blocked so didn't have any space to move & give him way to go. Continued on my side as I couldn't possibly drive over the car in front of me, just gave a "mandatory & default" hand gesture to the dzire chap - signing him "what do you want me to do!?"

Seems this enraged him more. Anyhow, as I descended from flyover, got space to move leftwards, indicated & merged with LHS lane.

The dzire "VIP" suddenly lurched forward & promptly went and hit a Ciaz, with a loud bang

Noticed the commotion in my RVMs; the nonplussed Ciaz driver stopped his car, got out & started confronting our "VIP".

Went my way, thanking my stars it wasn't me in place of the Ciaz, and with following lessons in retrospective:
* must get a rear dashcam too, apart from front one, asap
* never engage with such bullies, ignore them!
KrisTvpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 15:10   #12419
BHPian

"Revolting" against the Traffic Signalling System and putting everyone in danger. Didn't know where he wanted to go eventually because he was in the middle of the road and signalling others to go ahead.
Old 7th September 2023, 17:19   #12420
Distinguished - BHPian

A recent viral video on social media depicts an autorickshaw navigating a footbridge to escape a traffic jam. This incident unfolded in the Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi, at a signal just near the foot overbridge situated in the southern part of the national capital. There were people using the overbridge while the three wheeler was without passengers. Police nabbed the 25 year old errant auto driver.

anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks