Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 22:13   #12301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
Are Renault Tribers aggressive? ... ... ... Now this is a huge generalization on my part by putting all Triber drivers together ...
Always seems to be the KIA badge filling my RVM and trying to push me out of the way! But is is hard to know the reason why we notice some brands/drivers more than others.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 08:37   #12302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Who said it is not there? It is on the other side. See this:

https://twitter.com/citizenkamran/st...JQvHeOl67oIAeQ
The sooner this person is taken off his driving privileges, the better for others. Too dangerous to be allowed to handle vehicles in public places.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 10:06   #12303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Always seems to be the KIA badge filling my RVM and trying to push me out of the way! But is is hard to know the reason why we notice some brands/drivers more than others.

Absolutely agree. Generalizations are dumb. In fact I was apprehensive to even write this post but its just something that seemed to be happening too often to me (cry me a river ). I mean Skodas had/have that reputation but personally have never once been flashed by a Skoda ever. So there's that. It's almost always the white Innovas, Fortuners and Tempo Travellers, and now for some reason the cute Tribers in their terrific oranges and dazzling blues are onto me....
barefeetdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 12:24   #12304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
So what is it? Is the Triber secretly overpowered ? Or is it the stance and vantage point of the driver that gives them confidence ? Just curious.
IMHO, its because the car is underpowered, with 3 rows occupied, with the 1.0 NA engine the car will take lots of time to build speed. Once you take the foot off the pedal, the driver has to work his way again to attain those speeds, so just may be they don't want to slow down?
tchsvy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 09:55   #12305
BHPian

Spotted this WagonR cab yesterday.
The little girl was being laid on the parcel tray!
When I overtook to look at the seating, I was shocked to see that only 2 adults were seated at the back. There was enough space to accommodate that girl in between. Yet, they decided to put her on the parcel tray.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-pxl_20230219_090210387.mp2.jpg  

Bhupesh_2628 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 10:16   #12306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Spotted this WagonR cab yesterday.
The little girl was being laid on the parcel tray!
When I overtook to look at the seating, I was shocked to see that only 2 adults were seated at the back. There was enough space to accommodate that girl in between. Yet, they decided to put her on the parcel tray.
Irony that the cab is endorsing "Beti bachao beti padhao" with this foolishness.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:14   #12307
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Yet, they decided to put her on the parcel tray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Irony that the cab is endorsing "Beti bachao beti padhao" with this foolishness.
Maybe the girl wanted to lie down there and enjoy the drive. Just stating an alternate assumption

Not commenting on the safety aspect of it as it's never the place to travel in.

Last edited by avk : 20th February 2023 at 12:17.
avk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:17   #12308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
Maybe the girl wanted to lie down there and enjoy the drive. Just stating an alternate assumption
Exactly what I thought.

Sometimes kids can be persistent.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 23:15   #12309
BHPian

This Twitter post gives a good sense of "rules" and "knowledge" that most drivers possess.

People seem to expect you to drive looking sideways for the turn signals by cars adjacent to you instead of those in front

A classic example of a "bad driver" whose behaviour is validated by the junta

Lastly, this is a major problem on some of the "highway/expressway" inside of Mumbai where lanes are not marked properly while being wide. This is the Sion-Panvel Highway to be specific, but I can point to many stretches on WEH/EEH in Mumbai.
If it was the case, hopefully, some from the junta would realize the person filming the video is following his lane and how rash the other driver was

Last edited by VT-RNS : 21st February 2023 at 23:19.
VT-RNS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 15:26   #12310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-RNS View Post
This Twitter post gives a good sense of "rules" and "knowledge" that most drivers possess.
I am shocked that one of the responders is saying there is nothing wrong with the Swift trying to bully cut in to this lane because "they have the indicator on".

This is quite common on highways. I have a few clips from my last road trip to Coimbatore and one of the clips is of a dangerous car driver who cut in front of me on to the left lane while narrowly missing the lorry that was in the right lane in front of him.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:45   #12311

Just have your hazard lights on and feel free to go wherever! This bloke had created a jam all by himself as he wanted to go the other way through direct oncoming traffic.
Always on parking sensors helped me prevent scratches that night.

PunchsucKr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 16:20   #12312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchsucKr View Post
Just have your hazard lights on and feel free to go wherever! This bloke had created a jam all by himself as he wanted to go the other way through direct oncoming traffic.
Always on parking sensors helped me prevent scratches that night.
Forgive me for my ignorance/assumption, but is that a service road and aren't they usually two way?
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 18:06   #12313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Forgive me for my ignorance/assumption, but is that a service road and aren't they usually two way?
I think it depends on the service road. And I think that there is a certain amount of local drivers' decision goes into this. As a rule, I'd say one-way, but where it works, and nobody complains, nobody is bothered.

With a busy two lanes of traffic joining the main road, this does not look like a feasible 2-way service road. It looks more like a joining ramp. I'm astonished at these people trying to go like that, especially trying to create a middle-lane counterflow!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 23:49   #12314

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
It’s certainly not two way because if it was there would be oncoming traffic from the busiest road in NCR, though I know that’s also a possibility in India .
PunchsucKr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 12:37   #12315

Traffic lights are practically not applicable to this biker. How can someone be so careless is just beyond me as he just ploughs through other jumpers and the traffic with the green. My fiancée and I couldn't help but just laugh in surprise after seeing this lunacy.

PunchsucKr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks