Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 11:40   #12211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

With more cars being launched with sunroof, I think we will need to have a Bad Parents Thread in the forum

PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 12:08   #12212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
With more cars being launched with sunroof, I think we will need to have a Bad Parents Thread in the
This is ridiculous .

A slight swerve or braking situation and they will get tossed away!.

This is just like hanging out from the side windows when the car is moving. Don't see that as it is almost impossible. But hang out from the sunroof just because it is possible?
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 11:16   #12213
BHPian

This happened on the Bangalore - Hyderabad highway few days ago, somewhere near Food Pyramid.

This guy is driving erratically and I kept a distance from him. At one point, he decided to overtake the truck and suddenly stopped on the overtaking lane and moved left. When he decided to stop on the left, why did he tried to overtake the truck ?

chaitanyakrish is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 16:07   #12214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
When he decided to stop on the left, why did he tried to overtake the truck ?
Annoying, but I think some benefit of the doubt could be given here. There must have been a reason for aborting the overtake to actually immediately stop. It might have been mechanical; it might have been a child's bladder; etc etc etc.

Some of the possible reasons could have contributed to former erratic driving too. Although a driver should never let his passengers do that to him.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 18:22   #12215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
With more cars being launched with sunroof, I think we will need to have a Bad Parents Thread in the forum
This was recorded yesterday, just before Manoj Bhavan on GST while returning to Chennai.

During the weekend trip, I had 2 small pieces of rocks, driven by some vehicle's tyre spin, hit my car's bonnet, windshield and bounce off at high speed. I shudder to think what would have happened if a child's face had been in the way.

Last week, I had forgotten to plug in the dashcam but got to see similar behavior from a car, near Valluvar Kottam signal. The girl standing out of the sunroof was a student from Church Park school. No parents in the car, only the chauffeur. This is even more dangerous within the city, since there are kite threads aplenty as well as dangling wires across roads in places. When will people learn?

Last edited by asmr : 25th October 2022 at 18:22. Reason: corrected typos
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 18:44   #12216
BHPian

Quote:
When he decided to stop on the left, why did he tried to overtake the truck ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Annoying, but I think some benefit of the doubt could be given here. There must have been a reason for aborting the overtake to actually immediately stop. It might have been mechanical; it might have been a child's bladder; etc etc etc.

Some of the possible reasons could have contributed to former erratic driving too. Although a driver should never let his passengers do that to him.

+1.

Could be a commercial taxi operator and one of the passengers would have asked to stop at last minute. Have seen this happening a lot of times with shared taxis and autos
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 19:09   #12217
BHPian

Quote:
This happened on the Bangalore - Hyderabad highway few days ago, somewhere near Food Pyramid.

This guy is driving erratically and I kept a distance from him. At one point, he decided to overtake the truck and suddenly stopped on the overtaking lane and moved left. When he decided to stop on the left, why did he tried to overtake the truck ?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=jxePDPwck9Q
He saw a "kaali billi" (black cat) crossing the road, which is considered inauspicious by many. He backed out and moved to left to let you or any other vehicle to cross first.
Sran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 08:08   #12218
BHPian

Quote:

That's a million rupees question, isn't it? I am sure even the driver didn't know why he overtook that truck before abruptly stopping. I remember a sentence which Jeremy Clarkson said in one of the then Top Gear India Special episode's that the ultimate aim of a driver in India is to overtake the vehicle in front of him, then again overtake and on and on and on. I guess this logic applies here as well.
kiran_cr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 15:18   #12219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It looks like he had a flat tyre on the left. If you notice, the Cruiser is already leaning left before the over take and then when he is moving to the left after aborting the overtake, there is a slight bouncing of the vehicle.
Also explains the erratic driving you noticed before as the air in the tyre would be reducing then.
tharian is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 16:51   #12220
BHPian

Here's a small set of clips from my drive in Chennai city today.

Then, when I was driving my Activa, I noticed another White Creta (TN04AS9274, if I remember correctly) near the signal next to Chandra Bhavan on Arcot Road. It had a couple with a very young kid. Father in driving seat, with the child on his lap, holding the steering wheel . Mother in passenger seat. Both were not wearing seatbelts and this guy is not driving sedate as well (noticed it as he turned in to Ashok Nagar area). I had a mind to gently remind them of the dangers they are opening themselves to, but decided not to. I can only imagine what would happen if they had to brake suddenly.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 09:11   #12221
BHPian

Quote:

Good that you kept your distance. Before he moved to the the left lane you had good reason to think of several possibilities 1)Broken down vehicle on right lane ahead 2)Cow/dog jumped in front of him 3) Vehicle from oncoming lane lost control and came into his lane.
Of course in hindsight we now know none of this was true.
Old 31st October 2022, 14:36   #12222
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img20221031wa0048.jpg

Spotted this duo on a Bangalore road on friday last
Old 31st October 2022, 19:33   #12223
Distinguished - BHPian

From today

A van driver cluelessly halts for a few seconds before making an u turn. Firstly, that lorry was also waiting to make an u turn. Neither of them switched on the indicators signaling the traffic behind them about their intention of making a turn.

Worse, the van driver, instead of taking a wider turn, turns right and was unable to complete the turn fully, having to do a reverse and again turn. Thankfully the ertiga driver had sense and didn't tail him closely.

This Swift driver was in a hurry, overtaking a lorry which was clearly overtaking another lorry. Surprisingly the lorry driver even signaled before overtaking. But no, our swift driver couldn't wait a few seconds and had to risk his life by squeezing between the lorry and side rails

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 31st October 2022 at 19:42.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 09:56   #12224
BHPian

Take a look at the guy in the white Seltos. Halfway through crossing this very busy junction, he changes his mind and decides to turn left. And instead of driving forwards and taking a U-Turn, he proceeds to reverse on the main road in the middle of the junction!

The impatient bikers almost gets stuck in between!

Last edited by GeneralJazz : 1st November 2022 at 09:58.
GeneralJazz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 11:53   #12225
Distinguished - BHPian

This was near my home.

I had just stopped the car close to my home, and saw these ladies having fun with their scooter

Poor girl, she gripped the throttle while trying to turn the scooter. Thankfully no injuries to either of them.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks