Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 13:10   #3406
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Guys, firstly it was a bad/dangerous experience that you have gone through. It always pays to be on our guard in this mad traffic. But how can we be sure that the vehicle belonged to a member. There are many instances in the T-BHP Stickers thread where the stickers are put up on non-members cars and they dont even have a clue what T-BHP is. They procure the stickers from friends etc and just paste them on the car. They continue driving like maniacs. I am not taking sides but just pointing out that the guy might not even be a member, the sticker might be fake (there are many out there) or if he is a member, then he is a disgrace to our forum.
Very true Abhinav. But have no doubts, the sticker was a genuine one. As for non-members sporting stickers, nothing can be done about it. If he is a member, then I sincerely hope he is reading this - Get a huge LIC policy in your name buddy for it will come handy for those you leave behind, if at all you do leave anybody behind.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 13:11   #3407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
DVR ?? IronH4WK sahib, you have competition.
hehe.. he provides the movies and i provide the stills; we can open a production house

yes, riding on the speed lane at slow speeds is my birthright! in front of Dell on IRR this morning:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_3662.jpg

to what lengths people go to get ahead! at Ejipura signal this morning:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_3664.jpg
Old 5th January 2012, 13:46   #3408
BHPian

Quote:
You should have asked her where she took the driving lessons from and if she has a license, how she managed to get it with such super gyaan.
Not leaving way to an Ambulance is Pathetic.

But isnt she correct technically? The lane markers at silkboard entry, state that the right-lane is for cars.
Old 5th January 2012, 13:49   #3409
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Nopes, please dont do that. I mean, tearing off the stickers from his car.

It is his car, his stickers... and nobody has the rights to touch or damage it. He maybe a moron or a bad driver, but that does not give anyone the authority to tear off the stickers which he has bought from his money.
I would agree. How about sticking a new sticker on such cars "Moron onboard"?
Old 5th January 2012, 13:54   #3410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
To make it more accurate, Folded Mirrors + Rash Driving + TBHP Stickers = 100% not worthy of a license + TBHP Membership. We should have a Hall of Shame like IronH4WK suggested with the pics if possible and the reg.no. That way, when one of them turns up for the Quick Meets, we can catch them by the neck !
I don't think they'd risk coming for the meet, in the first place.

Anyway, I highly doubt the black Scorpio belongs to an actual member of the forum.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
While waiting at a signal, an i10 stopped on my right. Its left mirror was closed (but right one wasn't). I so much wanted to open it, since it was within my reach. I did not, because our law itself has not made the left mirror mandatory.

Did I do the right thing?

That's a great question.

I've been in such situations. Almost everyday actually and I've always wondered if I could take the liberty to educate my neighboring car on driving. Oddly, I'd realized later that people don't take kindly to friendly-criticism, if you will.

After all, it's only morally-correct to keep the left-hand-side RVM open at all times.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th January 2012 at 14:03.
Old 5th January 2012, 14:24   #3411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post

But isnt she correct technically? The lane markers at silkboard entry, state that the right-lane is for cars.
Yes that rule is correct, but in the event of an Ambulance trying to do good time to save a life, blocking it citing such a rule is pathetic.
Old 5th January 2012, 14:41   #3412
Distinguished - BHPian

It takes just a moment to indicate, to avoid confusion, and move out of the way of an emergency vehicle, before returning to the correct lane.

However, things are not always clear. Some people here may know about speed cameras in UK. They are automatic and the fines are expensive. One night, on an almost empty road, a very fast police car came behind me, lights flashing. I could only let it past by increasing speed way past the limit to reach a nearby wider stretch of road ... but there was a speed camera, and I was not prepared to go through the hassle of appealing against the fine. I maintained my speed until I past the camera, then put my foot down to get to the point where the guys could shoot past.
Old 5th January 2012, 14:50   #3413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post

But the rule also says that under all circumstances you HAVE to give way to a car with a blazing Siren. The Delhi police can be seen even announcing this on the roads many a times specially on the ring road stretch outside AIIMS. Its hilarious to watch people scramble. The PCR is on a emergency call and in stuck behind some moron not giving way. They have a loudspeaker attached to the PCR. They wait for sometime to allow the Driver in front to move and give way but when it doesn't happen they loudly announce on there loudspeaker that " Gaadi number xxxx, if you don't give way then there is on spot fine of Rs 2000". Needless to say the car gives way in less then 5 seconds even if it has to jump onto the opposite side of the road.
Old 5th January 2012, 15:01   #3414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To the MANIAC in the Black Scorpio with an LTD on the rear, outside On-Mobile Office near Delmiya Circle / Kalyani Magnum.
I have seen this scorpio once only on bannerghatta road, and it was not a pleasant sight. He was very rash and a danger to everyone else on the road.
Old 5th January 2012, 15:32   #3415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I have seen this scorpio once only on bannerghatta road, and it was not a pleasant sight. He was very rash and a danger to everyone else on the road.
Did he have more than 1 sticker on his scorpio ? That should give an idea if he is a member or not, though it is not something that guarantees that he is a member.

Last edited by Xryder : 5th January 2012 at 15:40.
Old 5th January 2012, 16:27   #3416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did he have more than 1 sticker on his scorpio ? That should give an idea if he is a member or not, though it is not something that guarantees that he is a member.
Not sure mate. I just got a glimpse of the LTD sticker.
Old 5th January 2012, 17:00   #3417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf
While waiting at a signal, an i10 stopped on my right. Its left mirror was closed (but right one wasn't). I so much wanted to open it, since it was within my reach. I did not, because our law itself has not made the left mirror mandatory.
Even if the law had it mandatory, you would have been wrong in opening it, unless it belonged to your car. If we take upon ourselves the task of 'correcting' others, it would be mayhem.
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 17:13   #3418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Also after this happened was wondering if i did the right thing in slowing down and allowing the Activa guy to change lanes? How could i have signalled to the vehicles behind me that i had slowed down for some reason?
This has happened to me twice, once with a Pedestrian trying to cross a multi lane road and other on a bicycle.

Both were indeed close shaves. From then on, I never 'allow' smaller vehicles to move to the left lane from the front of me.

I pass them hoping that they make it safely. I may look like a bad driver to them, but indirectly I'm doing them a favour.

Next time, you could probably check your left ORVM and allow them, but the better thing to do is just pray that they make it, honk gently and pass them
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 17:52   #3419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
... If we take upon ourselves the task of 'correcting' others, it would be mayhem.
It's mayhem already!

moderately bad driving: misjudging the space needed for a U-turn and having to back up. (admission: happens to me sometimes)

Worse bad driving:
crowding up behind a vehicle that is obviously going to have to do this, so it can't --- causing a jam.
Old 5th January 2012, 17:59   #3420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It's mayhem already!

moderately bad driving: misjudging the space needed for a U-turn and having to back up. (admission: happens to me sometimes)

Worse bad driving:
crowding up behind a vehicle that is obviously going to have to do this, so it can't --- causing a jam.
Yup thats is one thing that most irritates me on the road ( ofcourse there are many others too). One can always judge if the vehicle taking the U turn will be able to make it or not. Anticipating it and giving him the space to reverse is the normal thing to do. But its such a frequent site to see the car behind parking itself next to the one trying to reverse. Then they start flashing and honking as if God will come from heaven and lift up the car in the front. Whatever little space is available acts as a magnet somehow for all the bikers who are in a hurry to squeeze through.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks