Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2018, 21:28   #10426
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Saw this incident in Goa and captured it on my dashcam. Pedestrian saw a car driving on the wrong side. He stood in it's path and asked him to reverse and drive on the correct side. Driver refused and instead nudged the pedestrian. This infuriated the pedestrian who just vandalised the car:
This is completely wrong.

The pedestrian is very lucky the person in the car was not a thug. Things could have easily escalated beyond a point of no return.
Most people don't realize that the line between life and death is very thin. One well placed blow from him or the guy in the car can easily change the course of their lives forever.

In Hyderabad, when I encounter a wrong side drivers, I simply use the video recorded in my dashcam.

The upload it on the https://www.facebook.com/cyberabadtp

They verify the picture and raise a challan. The fine is quite high and hopefully that teaches them a lesson.
bblost is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 19:52   #10427
Distinguished - BHPian

I was driving along the right lane when an Ertiga decides to jump onto my lane without any indicators. On seeing his move, I honk and pass him. Seeing this, he got pissed (no idea what made him mad since I just honked once, didn't stare at him etc). He then accelerates towards me and bangs the rear of my car. We were shocked since this was least expected (was lucky he didn't try the "fishtail maneuver"). I moved to the left lane and slowed down. He then comes next to me and tries few dangerous maneuver which almost hit my car (Very similar to the ones that we see in American police chase ).

I decided not to aggravate the situation and let him pass. He still tries many "brake checks" in front of me. Finally at the signal, I go beside him and say "I have captured your stunt on camera". He also said the same thing.

Don't understand the mindset of such people when it was clearly his mistake. I admit am not a saint when driving the car and I too make mistakes but do not try such foolish stunts (If I hadn't swerved/braked my car during his stunt, it would have caused some major damage to the car).

Luckily, this was a minor scratch but I feared the worst since the impact rocked the car even when I was doing around 50 kmph. The impact did dislodge Ertiga's bumper and had more scratches when compared to mine - Instant Karma I guess!

This is the moron's car! Note the dark sunfilms

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-whatsapp-image-20181027-6.05.57-pm.jpeg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot_4.jpg

The minor damage to my car.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-whatsapp-image-20181027-6.54.54-pm.jpeg

I did report this to the Kerala Police WA Helpline. They replied immediately stating that the information has been passed on to the traffic police station. Not expecting any action being taken here but did this for my mental satisfaction .

Wish I could do these, LOL!

Source - YouTube

Last edited by naveen.raju : 27th October 2018 at 20:00. Reason: adding links
naveen.raju is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 20:26   #10428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I decided not to aggravate the situation and let him pass. He still tries many "brake checks" in front of me. Finally at the signal, I go beside him and say "I have captured your stunt on camera". He also said the same thing.

Very likely a criminal, politician or both OR the relative of one of these charming folks. Those dark tints are a give away. You did right by not aggravating the situation. He could have been armed. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valour especially if you're with family.
R2D2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 20:34   #10429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I was driving along the right lane when an Ertiga decides to jump onto my lane without any indicators. On seeing his move, I honk and pass him. Seeing this, he got pissed (no idea what made him mad since I just honked once, didn't stare at him etc). He then accelerates towards me and bangs the rear of my car. We were shocked since this was least expected (was lucky he didn't try the "fishtail maneuver"). I moved to the left lane and slowed down. He then comes next to me and tries few dangerous maneuver which almost hit my car (Very similar to the ones that we see in American police chase ).

Don't understand the mindset of such people when it was clearly his mistake. I admit am not a saint when driving the car and I too make mistakes but do not try such foolish stunts (If I hadn't swerved/braked my car during his stunt, it would have caused some major damage to the car).

Luckily, this was a minor scratch but I feared the worst since the impact rocked the car even when I was doing around 50 kmph. The impact did dislodge Ertiga's bumper and had more scratches when compared to mine - Instant Karma I guess!

Send the video to the cops, I am sure they will take some action.

In Mumbai, Mumbai traffic police has an app, whenever you see an offence, you can click a picture and report it, I regularly get those big shots with Marathi number plates and Dark tints challaned by just clicking the picture of their number plate or their car and sending it to the cops, they analyse the picture and report back with the action taken, most of the time its a hit and they fine the guy.
humyum is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 21:28   #10430
Senior - BHPian

Was driving with my wife today when I noticed the following exercise from one of our law makers.

Snap 1 : Signal is red and I am waiting on Neutral.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018102721h07m58s150.png

Snap 2: Signal is green, but I am still static to let the white cab and a couple of cycles pass. Notice the car at distance peeking out onto wrong side

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018102721h08m28s282.png

Snap 3: I am still static to let the last of the guys pass, the errant car is now fully on wrong side lane

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018102721h08m44s467.png

Snap 4: Me - static, lane violator - charging down the wrong lane

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018102721h09m00s308.png

Snap 5 : I start to roll, he's planning to merge in

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018102721h09m31s401.png

Snap 6: Hey it's one of our great MLAs !!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018102721h10m12s678.png

Snap 7: 30 meters down the road, our great policemen are there with a speed gun and are fining common citizens with an iron fist !!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2018102721h11m10s817.png

I checked with the registration number in mparivahan app, and it brings up the name of the MLA. Have masked it on purpose as I have neither the time nor the perseverance and / or relevant contacts to see through any untoward issues that may occur.

Last edited by blackasta : 27th October 2018 at 21:56.
blackasta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 23:45   #10431
BHPian

With the new one way rules imposed around Hinjewadi, Pune the count of bad drivers who don't give a damn about the law are increasing. This situation worsens over weekend and holidays.
2 wheelers, cab drivers, autos and our very own white board educated folks who just don't care about the law. Each time I flash my lights or wave at them they just don't care and most times wave back asking me to carry on with my business.
Its such a nightmare sometimes that some of these roads have blind curves and sharp turns and you'd see these guys driving down in full speed missing the oncoming traffic by inches.

I make it a point to report to cops each time but they don't seem to care. May be the sun beating down has go them tired but atleast if they stood at strategic points on these routes its effortless to catch these rule breakers.
Old 28th October 2018, 00:40   #10432
BHPian

Not really a candidate for this Thread. Not sure where else it would belong.

Looks like the front car noticed them pretty late.

One of the dangerous roads to drive! And over that exorbitant toll charges!!
500ContyCruiser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 23:30   #10433
Distinguished - BHPian

The white Lambo will definitely feature again if he continues to drive like that ("Supercar & Import Crashes in India" thread).

Source - YouTube
naveen.raju is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 11:57   #10434
BHPian

No words to describe this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/karna_sak...929349/video/1

Source: Twitter
jpcoolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 12:17   #10435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
No words to describe this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/karna_sak...929349/video/1

Source: Twitter
All that I see is a blank Twitter page. To clarify, I am not on Twitter, so I guess it wants me to either sign up or login. I don't intend to sign up. Do you have an alternate way of sharing your information?
Old 30th October 2018, 12:44   #10436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
All that I see is a blank Twitter page. To clarify, I am not on Twitter, so I guess it wants me to either sign up or login. I don't intend to sign up. Do you have an alternate way of sharing your information?
Think, you need to login to Twitter. However, I have downloaded the video and uploaded to YouTube and below is the link:

jpcoolguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 19:58   #10437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Think, you need to login to Twitter. However, I have downloaded the video and uploaded to YouTube and below is the link:
Ah ! Finally we have competition for the Arabs.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 21:15   #10438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Not really a candidate for this Thread. Not sure where else it would belong.

Looks like the front car noticed them pretty late.

One of the dangerous roads to drive! And over that exorbitant toll charges!!
I can't deduce correctly from the video but the front car appear to be a victim of high beams from opposite vehicles and losing his full visibility of the road ahead from distance.
Old 1st November 2018, 00:07   #10439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I can't deduce correctly from the video but the front car appear to be a victim of high beams from opposite vehicles and losing his full visibility of the road ahead from distance.

Its a common plight on that route. Very few people switch to lower beam. Even if they are in your lane (while overtaking).

In fact some people overtake even after knowing the opposite vehicle is close enough and there is no much gap to squeeze in to complete safe overtaking.

And the list is lot more
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 19:11   #10440
BHPian

Today, encountered this moron who brake tested me. At the start of the video around 4-5 seconds, you can see this guy just came out from a side road behind the auto without any warning and braked suddenly to avoid my car. This after I honked to give ample warning on seeing the junction.

And seems it irked him such that he braked tested me without caring for his safety and I have to avoid hitting him by last minute sudden maneuver.

Last edited by jpcoolguy : 1st November 2018 at 19:12.
jpcoolguy is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks