Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2018, 16:58   #10456
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Sorry for going OT, I was just admiring the footage, what dash cam do you have? Looks great! Great dynamic range, colour and truly hi-def!
This is a viofo A119 V2. It seems to be a popular dashcam among bhpites. You can see the dashcam thread in the in-car entertainment forum for more talk about this cam.
Mine is about 10 months old and most footage I've posted this year is from that cam.
Helps me review my own bad driving at times and situations when I was annoyed and also capture some lovely drives!!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th November 2018 at 08:13. Reason: typos
BenjiRoss is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 13th November 2018, 08:22   #10457
BHPian

A brand new Porsche Cayenne was parked crossing the white line last week here in Dallas at a restaurant. I was furious for a moment that I thought of opening my car door as fast as I can so that it will put a scratch on it. Then better sense prevailed and I reversed so that my wife could get down from the car along with my daughter. Then I parked again, took the sticky notes from my glove box, wrote "Thanks for parking your car like an Idiot" in three sheets and stick it in Driver's side windshield, passenger's and driver's side window and went inside . And guess what, the car had a small Ganesha idol in dashboard .

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th November 2018 at 09:45. Reason: Correted typo -> revered to reversed.
hema4saran is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 16:33   #10458
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I was on my way back home from work (by scooter) and as soon as I turned off from the main road into the calmer residential colony, I heard constant honking of a car. I was on the extreme left and couldn't spot any car in the rear view mirrors so stopped safely and then looked back to see a motorbike who had fitted car horns and was honking like those tempo traveler office cabs .
Just shook my head and moved on and the guy continued honking for another 50m or so but then stopped abruptly. Looking at the rear view mirror I see they guy making a U-turn, then I see there are cops in front who are in good number, obviously the guy did not have one or more papers in place (and was wearing a hard hat in place of a regular helmet!) and made a hasty retreat .

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2018 at 21:47. Reason: Typo fixed on request.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 11:39   #10459
BHPian

This Xylo cabbie just jumped the queue ignoring the queue of vehicles waiting in the toll lane. Not sure what these guys think of the vehicles waiting in the lane.

Old 16th November 2018, 12:33   #10460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The white Lambo will definitely feature again if he continues to drive like that ("Supercar & Import Crashes in India" thread).

Source - YouTube
I used to follow few Supercar owners on instagram, ironically they drive this way and post stuff to gain followers, later they make post about how bad the drivers are in our country and how no one follows the rules.

Speeding to a certain limit okay, even cops don't enforce it extremely(as long as no ones life is put in danger), some take it beyond and start drifting when there are lot of bikers following them for social media content.

No hate for the cars tho!
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 19:51   #10461
BHPian

This drunk cabbie drove his car without even the front wheel!
Sparks came out from the car, how drunk he was!!

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/66631288.cms

Last edited by GTO : 17th November 2018 at 08:07. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts correctly
Old 19th November 2018, 11:33   #10462
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday I was behind a rashly driven Duster. At one point of time, the Duster nearly clipped the Scorpio but sudden evasive action by him thankfully prevented a disaster. That evasive action in itself was dangerous.

BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 11:48   #10463
BHPian

Menace of High Beam driving:

Yesterday had a close shave due to me blinded by the oncoming vehicle's high beam within a narrow street. I was asking him to dip the high beam by flashing my lights to no avail. Luckily, I was able to stop the car due to slow speeds and even my co-passenger was unable to spot the sand pile in the road due to the high beam. Don't understand our Indian driver's obsession with high beam lights, that too, within the narrow streets which doesn't have any medians to stop them.

jpcoolguy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 11:56   #10464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post

Yesterday had a close shave due to me blinded by the oncoming vehicle's high beam within a narrow street. I was asking him to dip the high beam by flashing my lights to no avail. Luckily, I was able to stop the car due to slow speeds and even my co-passenger was unable to spot the sand pile in the road due to the high beam. Don't understand our Indian driver's obsession with high beam lights, that too, within the narrow streets which doesn't have any medians to stop them.
You are lucky.
Lot of such idiots hardly realize they are on high beam. Some of them are so stupid, they would rather go off the road than dim the lights.
I am sure all of us have had nightmarish experiences.
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 11:57   #10465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Don't understand our Indian driver's obsession with high beam lights, that too, within the narrow streets which doesn't have any medians to stop them.
They think the headlights are on only if the blue light on the dash is lit.

It is either the herd mentality which is quite common on the road or that driver's actually don't know/realize that it is blinding or both. The second one I realized when I used to flash to no avail and then leave the brights on and drive straight towards them and the reaction from them was like I was doing something wrong, which of course I was because I was blinded by their lights.
tharian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 12:15   #10466
Distinguished - BHPian

The only time you can expect drivers today to use the headlight stalks is not at nights. It's rather during the day, to flash the oncoming traffic and create an impression that the very car he is driving is piloting a convoy of warrior tanks that require more space to pass.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 12:31   #10467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't understand our Indian driver's obsession with high beam lights, that too, within the narrow streets which doesn't have any medians to stop them.
1. Most of the drivers (not only cab drivers) do not know about the high/low beam switch. I was really surprised when one my friends also fell in same category.
2. Visibility becomes good for them with high beam (of course) but then as any other mean indian, "why should I bother about others" mentality.
3. No strict rules to force only low beams in city (at least) and no awareness of the same on highways (without proper medians).

And multiple other reasons

Last edited by rajivtelang : 21st November 2018 at 12:39.
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 13:04   #10468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hema4saran View Post
A brand new Porsche Cayenne was parked crossing the white line last week here in Dallas at a restaurant. I was furious for a moment that I thought of opening my car door as fast as I can so that it will put a scratch on it. Then better sense prevailed and I reversed so that my wife could get down from the car along with my daughter. Then I parked again, took the sticky notes from my glove box, wrote "Thanks for parking your car like an Idiot" in three sheets and stick it in Driver's side windshield, passenger's and driver's side window and went inside . And guess what, the car had a small Ganesha idol in dashboard .
I did the same thing once or twice at my home and office parking where people park like imbeciles. I was not even able to open the driver side door to get in. I wrote the notes to release my pent up frustration as I did not want to do anything which I would repent later
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 18:46   #10469
BHPian

Had to give a long honk and flashing lights to a cop driving very dangerously.

I was on my way on a main road to pick up the kids from the creche and this cop on a Creta joins the main rd. from one of the staggered intersections in a very rash and hasty manner without bothering to check if it was safe to do so.

The long honk and the flashing light had no effect on him (as expected). He was equally rash in leaving the main road to join the next intersection.

This is one bad driver you make no effort in trying to spot 'em...they come announcing their presence - loud and clear!
Old 23rd November 2018, 09:51   #10470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I was on my way back home from work (by scooter) and as soon as I turned off from the main road into the calmer residential colony, I heard constant honking of a car. I was on the extreme left and couldn't spot any car in the rear view mirrors so stopped safely and then looked back to see a motorbike who had fitted car horns and was honking like those tempo traveler office cabs .
I saw something similar yesterday near my office with my colleagues for the customary tea break and we heard a woman screaming in agony. I mean this was one of those noises which shakes you up to the core. All of us turned towards the direction of the sound only to see 3 thin 20 year olds on a Pulsar 220 racing in the lane with of course no helmets and less than 1 brain between them. It was the sound of the horn. I mean how demented do you have to be to install something so offensive and jarring

Its so sick I wonder how many panic attacks they would have given to the people on the road. Just imagine yourself in the situation. You are driving/riding along the road and from behind you, you hear a woman screaming in agony. I rarely wish bad for someone but I genuinely hope karma takes its toll soon on those imbeciles.
Vikram8891 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks