Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2021, 13:16   #11461
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post

Dont know whom to blame. The cars in my lane or the scooter guy who was probably out of his mind. The speeds were under 30 so everything was controllable. The auto in front of me created a huge blindspot due to which there was no chance for me to notice the scooter.
Ah, they who ride along the wrong side of the road and then merge when there is no traffic instead of waiting for traffic to clear to turn onto the main road.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 14:01   #11462
BHPian

Quote:
Dont know whom to blame. The cars in my lane or the scooter guy who was probably out of his mind. The speeds were under 30 so everything was controllable. The auto in front of me created a huge blindspot due to which there was no chance for me to notice the scooter.
Primarily the scooter for being where he was. The Dezire and WagonR shouldn't have been trying to overtake the bus in that manner. Your presence of mind and maintaining a decent distance from the auto prevented you from having a crash.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 15:51   #11463
BHPian

Quote:
The cars in my lane or the scooter guy who was probably out of his mind.
Biggest take away for me is that the scooterist realised his mistake and rolled back. That's all that matters. Hopefully he won't do it again.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 16:50   #11464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Biggest take away for me is that the scooterist realised his mistake and rolled back. That's all that matters. Hopefully he won't do it again.
While it's seen that he rolled back, I think he continued on riding on the wrong side to get across a little later. For many, there exists no right or wrong side of the road, they seem to want to ride / drive in any open space on the road.
swissknife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 01:13   #11465
BHPian

It’s just another favorite pastime of our two wheeler riders - ride wrong side for few meters before crossing over to the right side. They are too important to stop, wait and cross a road the proper way. The number one rule for these riders is that their vehicle should not stop at any point of time for anything.
Yieldway17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 15:17   #11466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
To be honest sir,.
Quote:
Originally Posted by india008 View Post
The speed difference
Why are we questioning each other's driving style. The footage clearly shows India008 was riving on center lane.

Why are we not questioning that truck driving on fast lane, which Ideally should be overtaking lane and eventually forcing overtake from left side?
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 15:53   #11467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Why are we questioning each other's driving style. The footage clearly shows India008 was riving on center lane.

Why are we not questioning that truck driving on fast lane, which Ideally should be overtaking lane and eventually forcing overtake from left side?
Since you drive on Indian roads based on the how others drive around you not based on how you think they should be driving/how the law states they should be driving.

I ride a commuter class two wheeler (my experience driving cars is negligible). I am not going to argue who has the right of way with a truck. It shouldn't be like this...but this is India. It will take sometime for majority of our population to learn driving etiquette (if they ever do).
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 00:06   #11468
Senior - BHPian

Although this is from California, thought about pasting it here since we are about to get Tesla soon. This Moron is clearly abusing technology by driving from the back seat. BHP-ians in the State, do stay away from this driver if you spot him.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-moron.jpg

Old 11th May 2021, 09:10   #11469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Although this is from California, thought about pasting it here since we are about to get Tesla soon. This Moron is clearly abusing technology by driving from the back seat. BHP-ians in the State, do stay away from this driver if you spot him.
We need a new thread for such colossal morons titles "Bad owners thread" since technically he is not driving.

There is no excuse for such callous behaviour.
Tesla should report such idiots to the authorities. Also bring in a software update so that the car drives straight to the police station with such morons in the backseat.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 09:41   #11470
BHPian

Quote:
If a sensor can detect a passenger on the seat for the seatbelt alarm, how difficult is it for Tesla to disable the car from moving if it doesn't detect a driver in the seat.
john.gt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 07:08   #11471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
If a sensor can detect a passenger on the seat for the seatbelt alarm, how difficult is it for Tesla to disable the car from moving if it doesn't detect a driver in the seat.
That was invented back in 1990s. When in Kuwait, we had bought a new CAT Tipper truck and our driver sat on the seat. He turned the key and the engine wouldn't start. They tried everything, but it just wouldn't start. Finally the Caterpillar technician said it needer a minimum 'weight' for the driver to sit on the seat. Our driver was a skinny 45 kg guy. 😂
RajaTaurus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 16:03   #11472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This idiot - 25 Years Old Param Sharma is caught :

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...-arrested-chp/
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 20:43   #11473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
This idiot - 25 Years Old Param Sharma is caught :
I just googled the name and it looks like this guy just spend one night in jail and got back home again, guess how ? Some folks are just incorrigible.

Quote:
Param Sharma was arrested Monday evening by California Highway Patrol on two counts of reckless driving and disobeying a peace officer.

Sharma spent the night in Santa Rita Jail. By Tuesday evening he was out. He gave KTVU an interview where he said his driving isn't dangerous and boasted that he got home by doing what we've come to know him for: riding in the backseat of a car. He said he made the trip in a friend’s self-driving Tesla, while the pair sat in the back.

Sharma remained unflinching in his attitude about sitting in the backseat while his Tesla drives itself on autopilot.

"I’m gonna go in the back seat right now. You feel me? I’m waiting for my car to charge," Sharma told KTVU in an exclusive interview.

Don't know how much of this is true, but it seems this is not the first of his antics. His Instagram is full of such money-spoilt extravaganza & has even gone ahead and posted most of his latest antics on Instagram of the same incident. Seems like he is a lost case !

https://www.instagram.com/p/COtTvoPjchr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/COmmsgeDQwU/
https://www.instagram.com/p/COmk_8iso9X/
Old 12th May 2021, 20:58   #11474
BHPian

Happened to come across 3 incidents within 1 hour of my drive during this empty lockdown roads

1. MotoGP woman trying to corner out-in-out. Or was I on the wrong? I was doing normal turning speed whereas she slowed down to a walkable speed and lane splitted from the right most lane to the leftmost and then immediately after turning again tried to shift aggressively to the right-lane(it's a one-way road) and despite me honking, I don't think she was aware of my presence. Muted the video to mute my swearings

2. Again a woman on scooty, jumping into the middle of the road to do a U-turn.

Mistake from my end : I was trying to overtake from the left at the wong time at the wrong place. That Etios was driving soo slow on the rightmost lane ~35kmph on a ~60kmph road and the Dzire guy was in no mood to try to go faster either

3. These 3 fellows walking on the roadside, and immediately one guy notices me after a honk, but still decided to casually cross the road

I could have been a bit more defensive and slowed down alot but then since he noticed, I did not anticipate that he will continue walking towards the middle of the road

Defensive driving could have avoided all 3 completely without any close calls, but then my brain being a 24 y o, decided to be a bit more casual
shravansp24 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 00:03   #11475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
1. MotoGP woman
Two-wheelers just love doing crazy stuff on that turning
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks