Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 19:23   #12061
One
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
But also, nobody in their right mind would expose their car....
That's just the thing, he has royally screwed someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
As per latest news, he's been arrested. Aaand he's from Delhi!

A report against the car owner Sangeeta Gavadalkar, a resident of Shetye Wado Mapusa, has been submitted to the RTO, Mapusa, police said.
Old 17th June 2022, 19:25   #12062
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

All in a day's driving around in Chennai.

asmr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 19:34   #12063
KPR
BANNED

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

I think that Creta must be one of the illegal car drive rental where owner gives car to tourist through 'whatsapp agency' to 'explore' Goa.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 21:42   #12064
Distinguished - BHPian

Kalinga TV has featured an Instagram video post by one ratulramgarhia on 25/05. It shows a boy with his skates doing a dangerous stunt using his non geared, driverless scooter. Luckily nothing unfortunate has happened. This video has got 305 K plus likes.

Link for the video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd-WqaSp...eo_watch_again

The newslink:

https://kalingatv.com/offbeat/boy-pe...iving-vehicle/

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th June 2022 at 21:43.
Old 21st June 2022, 15:05   #12065
BHPian

Re: When will this craze stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
such idiots should be exposed.
Spotted in Bangalore on Sunday. 3 kids on sunroof.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-inkedscreenshot_20220621120131_li.jpg
chaitanyakrish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 15:22   #12066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
This is becoming dangerously common. I saw a grown woman do the same on the way to Shimla at 50kmph!

Then saw a similar sight with kids last month on the way to Kodaikanal.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 15:37   #12067
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Please tweet the image/clip to @blrcitytraffic
avk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 18:35   #12068
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone every get prosecuted for this?
Quote:
3 kids on sunroof...
Looks like they are standing on the front seat backs?

Dreadful! If the parents don't know how wrong/dangerous that is, the children can't be expected to: so unfair on the kids to let them do this.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 10:46   #12069
BHPian

This happened near Yelahanka.

I stopped at a signal and a Polo also stopped next to me. When signal turned green, the Polo was little late to start, could be, he was distracted.
Once he started, there was a slow moving auto in-front of him, and Polo desperately wanted to overtake it and started veering into my lane & cutting me off.

He could've waited a few seconds until space opened up. As there's no one on my right lane and I quickly moved to right to let him go and I drove peacefully.

chaitanyakrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 12:39   #12070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Technically correct. But in practical terms, not necessarily. And it does not excuse the actions of the other drivers, which are ignorant/aggressive/dangerous.
Always correct. Very rarely followed in India (where people are taught to keep right in driving schools), but you should use the fast lane only when you are overtaking the middle / left lane vehicle. After overtaking get back to left / middle as fast as possible. Especially for sand / stone trucks on highways.

My uncle once complained of a vehicle overtaking from the left and my grandpa gave him a bollocking saying if someone overtakes from the left, you are hogging the fast lane and more than 50% of the blame is yours. Stayed with me I guess.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 13:01   #12071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
but you should use the fast lane only when you are overtaking the middle / left lane vehicle. After overtaking get back to left / middle as fast as possible.
With riders. In city arterial roads you should occupy the lane based on the direction you expect to take at the next junction/signal. So it is perfectly reasonable to take rightmost lane if you plan to turn right ahead. Doing this helps in reducing the criss-crossing of lanes by automobiles from signal to signal.

Of course, there are supposed to be markers on the road / overhead signboards that instruct drivers which lane to stay; at least in Bangalore those are missing more often than not.
Old 27th June 2022, 13:56   #12072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
at least in Bangalore those are missing more often than not.
In my above post (12067) , we can see good lane discipline until the Polo came and spoiled the mood.

Two Wheelers and Autos on Left Lane.
Vehicles that move straight are in the middle and Vehicles that turn right are on the extreme right.

Once the signal turned green, we can notice, none of the vehicles on right lane moved ahead and waiting for turn signal.

Those are the few rare moments, where we find good lane discipline in Bangalore.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 08:45   #12073
BHPian

Yesterday, the car infront stalled and I had to get into the other lane. No-one was willing to let me in. Some drivers were actually accelerating to fill the gap.

I have driven a bit in the UK and the drivers are quite considerate to each others. Wonder what's wrong with us.
attinder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 09:13   #12074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
Yesterday, the car infront stalled and I had to get into the other lane. No-one was willing to let me in. Some drivers were actually accelerating to fill the gap.

I have driven a bit in the UK and the drivers are quite considerate to each others. Wonder what's wrong with us.
Have been in similar 'lane-changing' or 'turning into main road from small side-road' situation many times here in Bangalore. This is what works for me here:

I roll down my window and politely show a hand-sign* requesting other motorists to allow me to merge into their lane. First two/three vehicles won't allow. Usually the 3rd/4th fellow obliges.

* The hand-sign is very very important. I bend all fingers except index finger akin to requesting someone to let you speak (not like a cricket umpire giving out). The wrong finger/signal will bring more trouble

Hope this helps.
srvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 09:18   #12075
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Our DNA (in general) is to continually seek nirvana for ourselves to the exclusion of everyone else. Like the proverbial ‘Sperm’ we have an instinctive need to swim fastest to reach first. This is manifested everywhere, traffic behaviour, waiting rooms, school and college applications, results, bus queues, airport queues, etc.

And right from early childhood one is exhorted by family and elders and friends parents and everyone, ‘to excel and come to the fore front’ as much as possible.

Consideration for others and politeness are generally thought of as weaknesses rather than virtues.

This is largely because of our high population which causes severe psychological FOMO - Fear Of Missing Out which in turn leads to this pushy behaviour.

But it is slowly changing for the better.

With better education there is a slow betterment of behaviour too.

But it will take a long time to actually regain the politeness and kindness which were there in the 1950’s, 1960’s, 1970’s and 1980’s.

The only way out is to try and rise above the all
Pervading Rat Race which seems to have subsumed our entire souls….

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks