Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2021, 23:49   #361
BHPian

Re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Fastag is finally available at the Yamuna Expressway. It took a long while but now that it’s there, let’s hope it’s seamless and is expanded to all lanes. Currently, it’s available only on 3 lanes.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/83752740.cms
utkarsh10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 23:33   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Left two most lanes are fastag enabled now.
I did have a hiccup at the second booth while coming back to Noida, and had to pay 140 in cash, but smooth otherwise.
I was surprised, though, by many under 4 year old cars, even expensive ones , that were still standing in the cash queues.
Old 10th February 2022, 11:58   #363
BHPian

What are the best bets for super clean/lady friendly washrooms on the Delhi - Agra expressway?
Old 17th May 2022, 12:42   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh10 View Post
Fastag is finally available at the Yamuna Expressway. It took a long while but now that it’s there, let’s hope it’s seamless and is expanded to all lanes. Currently, it’s available only on 3 lanes.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/83752740.cms
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I did have a hiccup at the second booth while coming back to Noida, and had to pay 140 in cash, but smooth otherwise.
I was surprised, though, by many under 4 year old cars, even expensive ones , that were still standing in the cash queues.
Toll plazas on Yamuna Expressway set to get 10 new lanes each (5 per direction)
Source : Times of India

Quote:
the private concessionaire was directed to increase the number of lanes as vehicles spend about 20-25 minutes on an average in each of the toll plazas during the morning and evening rush hours....

The FASTag system, which was started in June last year with just two lanes on each side, has now been extended to all the lanes after the service became mandatory on February 14 this year... adding that all the toll gates would allow FASTags.
The main carriageway should not have any toll booths other than at the terminal ends. For rest of the traffic leaving or joining, the Toll booths should be on respective entry and exit roads, and not on the main carriageway.

YEW toll booth designs are really bad. Why is through traffic (e.g. Noida to Agra or back) subjected to stop at Mathura toll plaza ? It slows down entire traffic. It must be removed and transferred to entry and exit points.

Also, I have noticed that on off-peak days/ hours, most of the lanes are closed. This leads to traffic pile-up even during lean periods.
Old 18th May 2022, 14:45   #365
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I have a question to people traveling from Noida to Agra.

Is there a U Turn available before Jewar toll gate ? Usually all toll gates have U Turn option available for people to go back apart from other needs/rules.

I don't know if the U Turn is available before the toll gate of Jewar.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 18th May 2022 at 14:45. Reason: Typo
Old 18th May 2022, 15:10   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Folks, I have a question to people traveling from Noida to Agra.

Is there a U Turn available before Jewar toll gate ? Usually all toll gates have U Turn option available for people to go back apart from other needs/rules.

I don't know if the U Turn is available before the toll gate of Jewar.
Yes there is a U turn available around 3-4 kms before the Jewar toll booth, have used it multiple times on sunday bike rides. Also there is a U Turn Gate at the toll booth but you have to pay toll cross the booth and take the U TURN 50 Mtrs ahead
Old 19th May 2022, 04:30   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Yes there is a U turn available around 3-4 kms before the Jewar toll booth, have used it multiple times on sunday bike rides. Also there is a U Turn Gate at the toll booth but you have to pay toll cross the booth and take the U TURN 50 Mtrs ahead
Thanks for this update. Is the U turn 3-4 kms a proper U turn Or it's the median with barricades removed ?

The proper U turn if it's after the toll gate, then would one need to pay toll again while crossing the toll again?
Old 8th August 2022, 13:05   #368
BHPian

Quote:
All lanes are now cash free and usable only with valid tag. Else one pays double. And I have seen this across national highways. It does not seem right that users are forced to use a tag without exception. It might or might not save time (I have experienced real delays on plenty of occasions across several highways). For various reasons I am now becoming an opponent of digitizing and recording everything. Sometimes I feel happier on state highways which allow me to pay in cash.
Old 13th June 2023, 14:41   #369
BHPian

Hi,

I'm going to Agra in a few days and planning to use the Yamuna expressway. Worried about tyre blowouts so I'm curious as to how safe is it from a driving POV?
Old 13th June 2023, 14:44   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Hi,

I'm going to Agra in a few days and planning to use the Yamuna expressway. Worried about tyre blowouts so I'm curious as to how safe is it from a driving POV?
If you have decent tyres, not ancient, good tread, 30-32 or recommended psi, this is hardly a worry.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 17:06   #371
BHPian

Quote:
If you have decent tyres, not ancient, good tread, 30-32 or recommended psi, this is hardly a worry.
Yeah, mine's a 9 month old new Honda City 5th Gen ZX MT so this shouldn't be a worry. Was still checking in advance to be safe.

Anything I should do before going on the expressway? Like a specific tyre pressure range or something?
Old 14th June 2023, 18:49   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Anything I should do before going on the expressway? Like a specific tyre pressure range or something?
If you're driving between 9 AM - 6 PM, I suggest you keep your tyre pressure 1-2 PSI below your usual number. Don't maintain a steady speed - keep fluctuating the needle.

Most important - don't stress about it. The probability of a tyre blowout on a concrete surface is a lot more on soft compound tyres (like most superbikes and supercars) and in tyres that have more-than-recommended tyre pressure in them.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 01:42   #373
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
The probability of a tyre blowout on a concrete surface is a lot more on soft compound tyres (like most superbikes and supercars) and in tyres that have more-than-recommended tyre pressure in them.
Its normally not so simple. The higher the tyre pressure lesser the friction and lesser the heat which leads to less expansion.

So if I were to take my pick, it's safer with higher pressures than lower, which cause more heat and expansion.

So go with recommended pressure and keep your speed in check, don't race with people! Give way to overspending vehicles and you'll be fine.

It's just a road, a very tempting one to break speed records, which is what causes most accidents.

If you are following speed limits, you don't even need to think about it. But if not! Then check tyre rating first and if you have history of punctures don't do anything adventurous.
Old 15th June 2023, 09:00   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Its normally not so simple. The higher the tyre pressure lesser the friction and lesser the heat which leads to less expansion.

So if I were to take my pick, it's safer with higher pressures than lower, which cause more heat and expansion.

So go with recommended pressure and keep your speed in check, don't race with people! Give way to overspending vehicles and you'll be fine.

It's just a road, a very tempting one to break speed records, which is what causes most accidents.

If you are following speed limits, you don't even need to think about it. But if not! Then check tyre rating first and if you have history of punctures don't do anything adventurous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
If you're driving between 9 AM - 6 PM, I suggest you keep your tyre pressure 1-2 PSI below your usual number. Don't maintain a steady speed - keep fluctuating the needle.

Most important - don't stress about it. The probability of a tyre blowout on a concrete surface is a lot more on soft compound tyres (like most superbikes and supercars) and in tyres that have more-than-recommended tyre pressure in them.
Quote:
Yeah, mine's a 9 month old new Honda City 5th Gen ZX MT so this shouldn't be a worry. Was still checking in advance to be safe.

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

All this tire pressure talk has become redundant now. There is a strictly imposed 80kmph speed limit all over the “expressway”. That means your biggest worry is not falling asleep. Rest assured, any car under any load, running at anything from 30 to 40 psi, whatever is recommended, will be fine as such low speeds.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 09:40   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
There is a strictly imposed 80kmph speed limit all over the “expressway”.
I was of the opinion that this speed limit is only for the winter months when in general foggy conditions prevails. Is this the new normal now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks