Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 19:18   #256
BHPian

re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Some more photos.

Hope to try this road on my Civic someday (more than 2,000+ kms from my home!).
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamuna Expressway!-dsc_5437.jpg  

The Yamuna Expressway!-dsc_5455.jpg  

The Yamuna Expressway!-dsc_5456.jpg  

The Yamuna Expressway!-dsc_5466.jpg  

The Yamuna Expressway!-dsc_5479.jpg  

The Yamuna Expressway!-dsc_5481.jpg  

manim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 19:58   #257
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I may be wrong,but isn't it the way it is supposed to be? Left for slow traffic like trucks buses and all,middle for cruising and right lane for overtaking?
I agree. Left for slowpokes and lumbering monsters. Middle for the chilled out cruisers. Extreme right for higher speeds while overtaking. This of course is in an RHD country.
Old 30th December 2013, 20:02   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the status of speed cameras and interceptors on the expressway now? I heard initially they had just been installed but weren't functioning.
Old 31st December 2013, 00:29   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What is the status of speed cameras and interceptors on the expressway now? I heard initially they had just been installed but weren't functioning.
They're functioning, if you're driving at high speeds they'll tell you that, you were speeding, when you reach toll booth. But they won't issue any speeding ticket or something.
Old 31st December 2013, 13:43   #260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I agree. Left for slowpokes and lumbering monsters. Middle for the chilled out cruisers. Extreme right for higher speeds while overtaking. This of course is in an RHD country.
The truth but no the whole truth. You stay uin the left most lane which is reasonably free. You must judge whether the traffic justifies using the middle lane all (or most) of the time.
Old 31st December 2013, 14:52   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The speed cameras are visible from quite a distance. The key is in spotting them in advance and keeping speed limit while passing it.

They are hung on distance sign boards on top with independent cameras for each lane.
Old 4th January 2014, 14:29   #262
BHPian

Quote:
They work fine and at the toll plaza the led display does tell us of the speed violation. But I've done the Eway dozens of times and never been penalised, Never heard of anybody else getting penalised either. Regardless, just short bursts of powerrr should be followed and for the remainder 100 is plenty
Old 7th January 2014, 12:10   #263
Senior - BHPian

What is current fog status on e-way?
I am planning a single day trip with friends, on coming Monday. Idea is to leave Delhi at 7-30 in morning, reach agra by 10-30. See fort, then taj mahal, then lunch and leave by 3, reach Delhi by max to max 6-30 - 7, possible?

If thick fog is going to be there, i'll better postponed this trip. Don't want to risk driving in fog on e-way?

Pointers, please?
Old 7th January 2014, 12:50   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
What is current fog status on e-way?
I am planning a single day trip with friends, on coming Monday.
Monday is far, check the weather conditions on Sunday and then plan accordingly.

Hope you have seen this post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3336951
Old 7th January 2014, 13:58   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

Monday is far, check the weather conditions on Sunday and then plan accordingly.

Hope you have seen this post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3336951
Yup, saw that, that's why not too much sure, to make this trip or not.
Old 14th January 2014, 01:31   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Yup, saw that, that's why not too much sure, to make this trip or not.
I travel very often and I have just returned yday.... Would like to say 10am is alright to start the drive and even so there will be pockets of fog but nothing too bad. In the evening (like yday a sunny day) I started at 4pm and still had some mild fog by 6 towards agra. But again nothing crazy thick or impossible to drive in.

Don't cancel your trip
Old 14th January 2014, 11:38   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post

I travel very often and I have just returned yday.... Would like to say 10am is alright to start the drive and even so there will be pockets of fog but nothing too bad. In the evening (like yday a sunny day) I started at 4pm and still had some mild fog by 6 towards agra. But again nothing crazy thick or impossible to drive in.

Don't cancel your trip
Already did the trip sir

Last friday, left delhi by 7 am and came back by 6. On the way to agra the fog started showing its presence from dnd, soon after the visibility dropped to zero. On yamuna e way the visibility was worst, even car ahead was not visible.

For initial few kms I followed a volvo, we were doing 40-50 km/hr, then i gathered some confidence and took the lead, managed to reach agra by 11-15. Which is not bad considering till mathura it was zero visibility.

On the way back however there was no fog. We made it to delhi in 2 hrs.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 10:52   #268
BHPian

While going from Faridabad to Agra, can I take palwal aligarh road to enter Yamuna Expressway on the Agra side of road?
From google maps, it seems that the merging road leaves you on the opposite on E-way & not on the side going towards Agra.
I wonder how long is the u-turn?

And, entering E-way from Vrindavan is a good idea? Or will I have to crawl through heavy city trafiic?
Old 16th January 2014, 12:13   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
While going from Faridabad to Agra, can I take palwal aligarh road to enter Yamuna Expressway on the Agra side of road? From google maps, it seems that the merging road leaves you on the opposite on E-way & not on the side going towards Agra. I wonder how long is the u-turn?
While going from Palwal to Aligarh via Tappal, after crossing Tappal city the expressway comes.

In order to go to Agra, you would need to cross Yamuna expressway, from under the elevated expressway, cross the expressway. Take a right, there is a turn and a road. This road lets you join Yamuna expressway while going to Agra. Similarly you can join the expressway road going towards Greater Noida (need not cross expressway). There is no toll at this junction of expressway joining (while going towards greater noida)

Hope this info helps.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 12:25   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
While going from Palwal to Aligarh via Tappal, after crossing Tappal city the expressway comes.

In order to go to Agra, you would need to cross Yamuna expressway, from under the elevated expressway, cross the expressway. Take a right, there is a turn and a road. This road lets you join Yamuna expressway while going to Agra. Similarly you can join the expressway road going towards Greater Noida (need not cross expressway). There is no toll at this junction of expressway joining (while going towards greater noida)

Hope this info helps.
Yea, it was helpful. The google map shows that after crossing the expressway there is a service lane which never meets the expressway. But now you have cleared that the service lane meets the expressway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks