Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:49   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
He said average speed?
When I was stopped, they said I was, er , over 100 at a speed cam. I didn't think they would be dying average speed checking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
...their camera / speed gun had noted the vehicle at 148 kmph. The guy did not mention about average speed.
Maybe the speed cameras don't work at night and they depend on average speed?
Quote:
i have known people being fined.
At which toll gate, and how much? Who is the authority fining them - the police, or the expressway operator? Can you get hold of a speeding ticket and scan & post it here?
Old 3rd June 2014, 09:22   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
I will let my friends know about this 'average' concept.
As a concept it is quite good - make no mistake about it. It's just that the guys cant get the arithmetic right.
For me , I had kept to a studious 100 kmph on both occassions, and yet the system flashed the warning message, when the toll-receipt was scanned at Jewar.
Unlike SST, I did not stop to reason with the person or even ask a question. I was more than thankful, that no penalty was levied.
I did harbour thoughts that my Toyota's speedo must have been faulty, but quick mental maths proved their calculations were obviously wrong.
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:02   #288
BANNED

I am going on it tomorrow. I keep the Cruise Control on my Civic at 100kph. so let me see. No warnings in the past!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 12:50   #289
BANNED

No problems of any speed infractions whatsoever. Traffic was very low, but then it was around 1:30pm when I got onto it.
Old 6th June 2014, 11:20   #290
BANNED

One small input required. Coming through the DND flyway, where does one actually get off for the YH. Last time we actually ended up in Greater NOIDA and then had to hunt our way back. My GPS was trying to force me on the NH2!
Old 6th June 2014, 11:55   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
One small input required. Coming through the DND flyway, where does one actually get off for the YH. Last time we actually ended up in Greater NOIDA and then had to hunt our way back. My GPS was trying to force me on the NH2!
DND > hard left turn & follow cloverleaf loop to get on to Noida-Greater-Noida Expressway > travel 23.7 km straight ahead > look for an up-sloping loop towards the left > get on to the loop, it curves right and brings you on to the Yamuna Expressway.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 15:57   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Maybe the speed cameras don't work at night and they depend on average speed?

At which toll gate, and how much? Who is the authority fining them - the police, or the expressway operator? Can you get hold of a speeding ticket and scan & post it here?
Sorry for the late reply. Tracked friends for details. End result: no fines. They were warned for over speed. This happened in 2012. And, sorry for confusion.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 15:06   #293
BHPian

I'm planning a trip from Gurgaon to Agra and return on the same day. Can someone pls help on how much time should it take ?
Old 27th November 2014, 15:28   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I'm planning a trip from Gurgaon to Agra and return on the same day. Can someone pls help on how much time should it take ?
If on a weekend, then at the most 5 hours. If not, then anything upto 7, one way.
Old 27th November 2014, 16:05   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
If on a weekend, then at the most 5 hours. If not, then anything upto 7, one way.
7 Hour one way . Google map says somewhere between 3 Hour 10 Min to 3 Hour 30 Min.
Old 27th November 2014, 18:18   #296
BHPian

Quote:
7 Hour one way . Google map says somewhere between 3 Hour 10 Min to 3 Hour 30 Min.
It will take approx. 3.5 ~ 4 hours in evening.

I have been doing so regularly on weekends and at a speed not more than 100-110 km/h.

Though, please avoid Barapullah flyover route as it gets jammed these days due to construction of phase-II.

It is better to follow to follow NH8 -> India Gate -> DND -> Noida-Greater Noida Expwy -> Yamuna Expwy.
Old 27th November 2014, 21:18   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Weekdays, you will be killed getting out of gurgaon, in delhi, and getting off the GNoida e'way, all of which will be flooded with commuters. It used to take me 1-1.5 hours getting from the toll gate at GGN to Mayur vihar on working days.

Weekends are better, but still tedious.
At a stretch, you may cover the YEW in 2-3 hours, but it'll brutal, mostly on the ears.

Of course my timelines may be clouded because I usually take this route with wife and baby in the car.

Last edited by mayankk : 27th November 2014 at 21:34.
Old 28th November 2014, 09:54   #298
BANNED

Doing the YE is no more than two hours. I set my cruise control for 105kph as per GPS, i.e. 109 kph indicated on speedo. No speeding issues. We normally take as stop for coffee and snacks so I really do not have the exact time.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 11:44   #299
Team-BHP Support

IAF fighter jet successfully lands on Noida's Yamuna Expressway as part of IAF's trial run

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-...1-1349456.aspx
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 13:55   #300
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
IAF fighter jet successfully lands on Noida's Yamuna Expressway as part of IAF's trial run
Now the MOD will spend about 16 crores installing the infrastructure, and markings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks