Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2012, 22:22   #226
BHPian

re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@bbhava; Many may need extensive desilting before they can be used again.

Yes, extensive de silting is required in many of those canals. And some of them are covered with invasive aquatic plants like water hyacinth and these are posing major threat to the water ways as well as local aquatic environment.

There is one government agency for the development and management of our water ways.

Pls see the link for the same.

http://iwai.nic.in/

regards
bbhavan.
Old 24th December 2012, 21:46   #227
BHPian

Check out the pictures on this article of the YE on AutoCar Website ! I am asking you not because it is 10% as informative as most of YE travelogues on the forum, but because they think it is okay to stop on the hard shoulder to take photographs! If they promote such reckless behavior, they will only promote wrong and possibly fatal practices on the Yamuna Expressway. Interestingly, in another picture, even a Patrol car stops behind them but it is unlikely that they asked them to move as they continued clicking pictures. The angle of the picture makes it look like it was clicked from the median ! Now, why is ACI acting like a bunch of ignorant tourists? And even if some over enthusiastic guys managed to do that, the editorial team was so clueless of traffic rules that they put this up on the website? There are other irresponsible things that they have proudly captured such as leaving tyre marks on the expressway. I hope the most awesome expressway in India does not degrade that easily.

On a different note, I traveled on the YE yesterday and was surprised by the sudden fog that gripped Delhi and surrounding areas out of nowhere on Sunday morning. I was hoping it would clear out - but it didn't clear much. The visibility was 10m at best. If anybody is planning to travel on YE, please check the weather first. I will post some pictures of the fogged expressway soon.

Last edited by ricky_speed : 24th December 2012 at 22:00.
Old 24th December 2012, 23:39   #228
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick question to folks fron NCR, what is the best route to approach this Yamuna Expressway from Panipat? This will be around 10am in morning on a weekday.
Old 25th December 2012, 01:28   #229
BHPian

I too travelled yesterday and fog condition were very dense. Morning fog was almost till 10 and evening started as early as 6.30.

One thing to note while driving in these condition is to stick to middle lane. As you may find standing or slow moving vehicle in the left most lane even tractors were driving in the second left lane which I think is very dangerous. (and the right most is for overtaking). Also do not change lanes too frequent.
Old 25th December 2012, 12:39   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Just a quick question to folks fron NCR, what is the best route to approach this Yamuna Expressway from Panipat? This will be around 10am in morning on a weekday.
Are you saying that you will start from Panipat at 10 am or will be in Delhi at 10 am? Use the traffic feature of Google Maps and enter the expected time of arrival in Delhi to see the likely traffic on that day and time. It is very accurate.

In any case, I think there is only one route option for you, which is also the shortest: Turn Left on ORR when entering delhi, you will be pass through the Raj Ghat Bypass and you will have to eventually turn Left on Vikas Marg and take the loop on Vikas Marg to Noida Link Road. All the way straight to YE. There is little traffic on this route compared to the mess that rest of Delhi is in during peak hours.
Old 13th January 2013, 00:25   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

I just came back from a round-trip to Agra.
Dont get me wrong, this is the MOST convenient way of getting to agra.I think much better than any train or plane.
A wide open stretch of road as far as the eye can see, guys sticking to the middle lane, and leaving the left open, and net to zero traffic.
BUT....
the noise, oh the drone!
Its has to be the noisiest surface i have ever driven.If you have some aftermarket soundproofing done, or are driving in a slightly premium vehicle, then probably it may not bother. I don't know, i drove my 100000 km old fiesta petrol, and the stereo was at about 2 times the regular level, and i could still hear the whine from the road.
And the trucks and tractor-trolleys.
The drive to agra was done at night, and i must have seen about 300 of these with ABSOLUTELY no lights.
nothing in the back, and nothing in the front, trundling along at 50 kmph.On a highway which is illuminated in just about 5% of its length. This will hurt someone bad, i am telling you.
Couple of quick pointers.
1, loos. They're right after each toll gate, and are fairly clean.(I guess that's cos no-one's on the highway to use them!)
2, cameras. These are there all throughout the e'way. When you see the across-the-road blue boards, there they be. and on a couple of stand alone units. Do not speed, first of all.Its very easy to lose track of how fast you are going on such a track. but if you doo, basically look out for the big blue signboards(not the small ones which are supported on one side) and for solar power panels. and the camera work at night, as well.

Every car in front of me at every toll was stopped to be told that they were speeding.
Me too, he told me with such a straight face that I was doing 106 at a camera.Geez, 6kmph...probably a slope

But the noise, oh it still buzzes in my head!!

If you ignore that, let me qualify the convenience.

I am back, and I don't feel like I drove ALL that way. It just feels as if I went a little way beyond Greater Noida and came back.seriously convenient.

Last edited by mayankk : 13th January 2013 at 00:26.
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:12   #232
BHPian

30 Injured in Pile Up of 20 Cars on Yamuna Expressway

http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=788557

Fog and speeding cars - a dangerous mix. Either speeding vehicles have to be stopped and drivers fined heavily or there has to be some mechanism to ensure that vehicles slow down. This is a disaster waiting to happen.
John is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 19:29   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
30 Injured in Pile Up of 20 Cars on Yamuna Expressway

http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=788557

Fog and speeding cars - a dangerous mix. Either speeding vehicles have to be stopped and drivers fined heavily or there has to be some mechanism to ensure that vehicles slow down. This is a disaster waiting to happen.
In Fog, even 60kmph can lead to pile ups. Until police stops giving a free pass to vehicles without tail lights, such incidents will keep happening.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 11:54   #234
BHPian

Just a query to those who have traveled on the Yamuna Expressway..

Why are the stop-over points on the expressway so filthy? I am talking about both; the restrooms and the cafeterias. They just not seem to match the persona of the expressway..

The food quality and ambience of cafeterias is a big-big disappointment. The quality of the food sucks! It seems it is run by villagers who know nothing about hospitality. I perceive it is done intentionally by Jaypee group to please the agitating villagers.

IMHO, the expressway deserves something more sophisticated like McD, KFC, Haldiram etc..

Last edited by akash_m : 19th February 2013 at 11:56.
Old 19th February 2013, 11:56   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Just a query to those who have travelled on the Yamuna Expressway..

Why are the stop-over points on the expressway so filthy? I am talking about both; the restrooms and the cafeterias. They just not seem to match the persona of the expressway..

The food quality and the ambience of cafeterias is a big-big disappointment. The quality of the food sucks! It seems it is run by villagers who know nothing about hospitality. I perceive it is done intentionally by Jaypee group to please the agitating villagers.

IMHO, the expressway deserves something more sophisticated like McD, KFC, Haldiram etc..
Tell me about it,the moment i entered back in september,it reminded me of my college canteen
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 13:10   #236
BHPian

Hi,

Last time when i took YEW, i saw a board for exit to Palwal. Need to know if the Palwal entry/exit on YEW is operational? If so - how do i get onto YEW from Palwal if i am coming from GGN.

Thanks.
Old 8th March 2013, 13:15   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Hi,

Last time when i took YEW, i saw a board for exit to Palwal. Need to know if the Palwal entry/exit on YEW is operational? If so - how do i get onto YEW from Palwal if i am coming from GGN.

Thanks.
AFAIK exit points for Palwal and Mathura were always operational.
Old 8th March 2013, 13:30   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
AFAIK exit points for Palwal and Mathura were always operational.
Thanks. How to get onto it from Palwal - any directions? or are there signboards to guide me for getting onto YEW from Palwal?
Old 8th March 2013, 13:34   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. How to get onto it from Palwal - any directions? or are there signboards to guide me for getting onto YEW from Palwal?
I have used it only once,so cannot comment,but there will be sign boards for sure.
Old 9th March 2013, 12:37   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is an exit and entry for Yamuna Expressway at Tappal- Aligarh road. Hope this info helps.
There is also an exit/entry at Jewar- Sikandrabad road. This exit comes first then comes Aligarh one (when going towards Agra)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 9th March 2013 at 12:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks