Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 12:36   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: The Yamuna Expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
While going from Faridabad to Agra, can I take palwal aligarh road to enter Yamuna Expressway on the Agra side of road?
From google maps, it seems that the merging road leaves you on the opposite on E-way & not on the side going towards Agra.
I wonder how long is the u-turn?

And, entering E-way from Vrindavan is a good idea? Or will I have to crawl through heavy city trafiic?
The road from Palwal to E way is in shambles with 10% road and 90% (huge) potholes. I regretted taking it last weekend. You need to cross the express way (under the fly over) and take right to climb up and take the e-way, just in case you decide to take this road.

Vrindavan is better Idea.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 13:52   #272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
While going from Faridabad to Agra, can I take palwal aligarh road to enter Yamuna Expressway on the Agra side of road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
The road from Palwal to E way is in shambles with 10% road and 90% (huge) potholes.
@sourabhzen; is right. SH22A is a total disaster, where even a tractor will be worried. Google Maps make me take it in October and negotiating it in my Civic was a total nightmare.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 14:46   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
The road from Palwal to E way is in shambles with 10% road and 90% (huge) potholes. I regretted taking it last weekend.
Vrindavan is better Idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@sourabhzen; is right. SH22A is a total disaster, where even a tractor will be worried. Google Maps make me take it in October and negotiating it in my Civic was a total nightmare.
Thanks a lot guys for saving me. I would take the expressway from Vrindavan then.
Old 22nd January 2014, 09:44   #274
BHPian

Hi Guys,

The google maps is showing the following route to take from NH2 to Yamuna expressway via Vrindavan.

The Yamuna Expressway!-vrindavan_eway.jpg

Any idea if this would be a good route, as Raya-Vrindavan road part seems to be quite narrow & interior city road?
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 18:57   #275
BHPian

On YEH , which exit should I take to reach NH24 ( Hapur or Moradabad ), will be coming from Agra and Intend destination is Ramnagar ( Corbett ), please advise .
Old 14th February 2014, 11:15   #276
BHPian

How is the link road condition between Jewar exit Bullandshahar pls ?
Old 14th February 2014, 12:59   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdey View Post
How is the link road condition between Jewar exit Bullandshahar pls ?

There are two roads. One via Khurja Junction, which has been made into two lanes now (from Jewar to Khurja Jn it was one lane earlier). Much better drive, but lots of speed breakers due to several villages on the way.

While the other road goes to Sikandrabad I guess. This has an exit with a toll at 35 bucks.

The road via Khurja junction needs to be reached after exit and traveling on service lane along expressway towards Agra. However due to a flyover at railway crossing at Khurja junction there is some congestion.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:46   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

The time stamp on the Rs.320 receipt at the Jewar Toll Gate read 9:24 pm. The car was on cruise control, locked in at an indicated 100 km/h on the speedo (not a GPS-logged 100). Stopped for 5 minutes to adjust some luggage and get better rear vision.

At the Mathura Toll Gate, the receipt was checked and returned. The red LED digital display board next to the barrier flashed **Speed Violation**. And I had to ask the chap at the counter what THAT was about.

Aapka average speed 115 kilometre hai. Yeh sirf warning ke liye hai, ki aap dheere chalayen.

Oh, really!? I have knowingly not exceeded 100 km/h at any point, and this guy is telling me I was doing an average of 115 km/h?

So I ask him how far the Jewar toll gate is from the Mathura toll gate. He tells me 55 km. And he also tells me that I covered that distance in 44 minutes (the time on my cellphone showed 10:08 pm, and the guy was correct on that count).

Now, what kind of mathematics gets an average speed of 115 km/h when you cover 55 km in 44 minutes?

My guess is, Jaypee is using some kind of psychological scare tactic to keep your speed down, well below the 100 km/h that is legal according to the road signs. In any case, they do not fine anyone for over-speeding - yet.

But if they do intend to start randomly collecting fines for over-speeding by telling you that you're doing 115 km/h when you didn't, I would say the motoring community needs to be aware of such intentions - and brush up on the mathematics (or carry a calculator)!

At the same cruise control setting, running without any stop, I did not get a **Speed Violation** warning at the Agra toll gate.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 2nd June 2014 at 21:50.
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:56   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I would say the motoring community needs to be aware of such intentions - and brush up on the mathematics (or carry a calculator)!

At the same cruise control setting, running without any stop, I did not get a **Speed Violation** warning at the Agra toll gate.
Quite so! I have had a couple of these warnings thrown at me at the Jewar plaza. Whilst, I did cringe initially at the profferred electronic admonition, later a quick mental calculation showed their instrument in error. So, I just ignored it. And yes I have observed this only at Jewar - not at the other toll-plazas
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:00   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
...I have observed this only at Jewar - not at the other toll-plazas
My warning was at the Mathura toll gate.
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:14   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both of Mine was at Jewar - coming towards Delhi.
Old 2nd June 2014, 23:27   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He said average speed?
When I was stopped, they said I was, er , over 100 at a speed cam. I didn't think they would be dying average speed checking.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 00:13   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
He said average speed?
When I was stopped, they said I was, er , over 100 at a speed cam. I didn't think they would be dying average speed checking.

It easily can be. Time taken between two toll gates can be system provided, distance they already know, simple mathematics.
Old 3rd June 2014, 00:20   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post

It easily can be. Time taken between two toll gates can be system provided, distance they already know, simple mathematics.
Really?

What I'm saying is have they moved to doing that. That I didn't know about. And I was stopped just a couple of months back.
Old 3rd June 2014, 01:21   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Both of Mine was at Jewar - coming towards Delhi.

i was once told at Jewar that their camera / speed gun had noted the vehicle at 148 kmph. The guy did not mention about average speed. Because i was giving in to the temptation of pushing the pedal, i said i will drive within the limit and i was let go. But i have known people being fined. now the point raised by SS Traveller is interesting. I will let my friends know about this 'average' concept.

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks