Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2019, 12:54   #286
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Hello folks,

I'm planning to drive on Delhi - Bhimtal stretch in the coming month; please suggest the appropriate route.

The vehicle would be Honda City and I hope it can handle the course well. I'm willing to go extra miles for avoiding rough terrains.

Please guide and suggest.

Thanks.
Old 30th August 2019, 16:51   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
I'm planning to drive on Delhi - Bhimtal stretch in the coming month; please suggest the appropriate route.
Avoid Moradabad - Rudrapur - Haldwani stretch. Its really bad. From Moradabad Go to Kaladungi then to Kathgodam and onwards.

Just experienced the route during 15th August weekend.

Last edited by ampere : 12th March 2020 at 07:06. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
ckranjan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 12:54   #288

Just came back from Bhimtal/Nainital from Delhi.

The route taken - Delhi, Gajroula, Moradabad Bypass, Bazpur, Kaladungi, Kathgodam, Bhimtal.

Till Moradabad its an expressway, after that its a 2 way single road, the condition of the road is good, though at some parts, it is not great. Took around 7 hours with 2 stops.

The stretch at Kaladungi is scenic.
riturajborah86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:42   #289
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Munsiyari during January.
How much snow shall I get in the road? By any chance do I require snow chain and all? I will be driving XUV500 AWD
Old 18th February 2020, 22:47   #290
BHPian

Greetings Members,

I am planning to drive from Noida to Nainital stretch this weekend; please suggest the appropriate route.

The vehicle would be Vitara Brezza and I hope it can handle the course well. I'm willing to go extra miles for scenic spots.

Please guide and suggest.

Thanks.
Old 11th March 2020, 21:20   #291
Senior - BHPian

Hi
I am planning a trip to Rudrapur, UA/UK. Is the stretch between Delhi to Moradabad finished with construction woes?
Inputs welcome , to help me plan the time of departure from Delhi
Old 13th March 2020, 18:26   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
I am planning a trip to Rudrapur, UA/UK. Is the stretch between Delhi to Moradabad finished with construction woes?
Inputs welcome , to help me plan the time of departure from Delhi
Route till Hapur is under construction, and had worsened in January when I did this stretch. Beyond Hapur, it progressively gets better.

If early morning, then plan your timing so that you cross Ghaziabad before 4 AM if you want to avoid 2 wheeler traffic on the highway.

Last edited by ampere : 13th March 2020 at 18:52.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 11:51   #293

Did this stretch on 2nd October 2020. Started from Dwarka at 9:50AM and was able to cross Delhi in 40 minutes via Barapulla flyover. The easy fun drive gets interrupted as soon as you cross Ghaziabad, is still bearable until Hapur but a mess after that. Reckless driving by people ranging from state buses, cabs and private cars cause absolute chaos on the road. The tolls until Haldwani set you back by approximately 300 bucks but not worth the money spent. I don't understand what is the toll being charged for since these roads seem to be "under construction" forever and since ages. You should not be made to pay toll for shabby potholes ridden roads. We pay road tax for usual use of the roads. The distance which on any other highway in South India would have taken around 3 hours or a little over 3 hours took exactly 6 hours and 40 minutes with just one break of 15 minutes for lunch inside the car itself. The toll gates are where actual crowd gathers and most people do not have a Fastag and no one bothers asking them for the same. Having driven from Hyderabad and crossed so many states only 4 days ago, this stretch was a nightmare and looked like a different world compared to my drive last week. Everyone seems to be in a hurry to hit the hills and as such driving is reckless. The saving grace is that the roads improve a great measure as soon you enter Uttaranchal. Narrower roads that UP roads but a lot better in condition and landscape.

Overall...not a pleasurable drive at all.
Altisguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 14:40   #294
BHPian

Anyone who has recently done the route Delhi-Moradabad-Bazpur-Kaladungi-Nainital? What are the road conditions especially around Bazpur. I am driving a friends borrowed car which doesnt have Fast tag. can i pay toll in cash? Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 16:24   #295
BHPian

I'm planning on taking a self-drive from Delhi and want to plan something for ~6 days. Was thinking of staying at Taj Corbett for 3D/2N and then exploring some hill stations in the vicinity, preferably something with less tourists. Any suggestions? I'd prefer places where there are small walking trails and good homestays/cafes.
Old 19th October 2020, 16:44   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I'm planning on taking a self-drive from Delhi and want to plan something for ~6 days. Was thinking of staying at Taj Corbett for 3D/2N and then exploring some hill stations in the vicinity, preferably something with less tourists. Any suggestions? I'd prefer places where there are small walking trails and good homestays/cafes.
After Corbett you can head to a place called Mukteshwar near Almora. It is a great peaceful place and you can easily spend 2-3 days there. You can get some really nice cottages on Airbnb. The place where we stayed was an airbnb called "Abode in heaven" - you can find it on Google maps too.
We had stayed there last year and enjoyed quite a lot. Most airbnbs are away from the main city and quite peaceful.
If you want, you can stay close to the city if you prefer.

Another good place (next to a river) is "Soulitude by the Riverside" near Bhimtal though it is on the expensive side.

Both of these locations are around 3-4 hours away from Corbett.

Last edited by Behemoth : 19th October 2020 at 16:50.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 18:16   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Was thinking of staying at Taj Corbett for 3D/2N
OKish resort. Tata is running the property. And the place where this hotel is more like a Mall Road, a stretch of road of about 5-6 Km with at-least 30 hotels. There are better places in Uttrakhand as suggested by Behemoth.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 18:31   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
After Corbett you can head to a place called Mukteshwar near Almora. It is a great peaceful place and you can easily spend 2-3 days there. You can get some really nice cottages on Airbnb. The place where we stayed was an airbnb called "Abode in heaven" - you can find it on Google maps too.
We had stayed there last year and enjoyed quite a lot. Most airbnbs are away from the main city and quite peaceful.
If you want, you can stay close to the city if you prefer.

Another good place (next to a river) is "Soulitude by the Riverside" near Bhimtal though it is on the expensive side.

Both of these locations are around 3-4 hours away from Corbett.
Thanks, will check this out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
OKish resort. Tata is running the property. And the place where this hotel is more like a Mall Road, a stretch of road of about 5-6 Km with at-least 30 hotels. There are better places in Uttrakhand as suggested by Behemoth.
I was looking at that Taj property since I have a few nights of stay via Amex points (some of it expires in Dec and I don't have any other trips in the pipeline). Any idea how is their Theog property and which peaceful hill stations I can add to the mix if I go in that direction?
Old 20th October 2020, 01:06   #299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
how is their Theog property and which peaceful hill stations I can add to the mix if I go in that direction?
It's a new property and some persons from our biking group went recently. I will definitely recommend this over the Jim. You can do Day trips from Theog to Kufri (Try at least one meal or High-Tea at Wildflower) , Narkanda, and perhaps head to Jalori Pass.

https://www.banjaracamps.com/camps-r...1/default.aspx

You can come back or stay at this property and then head back via Mandi or even go ahead to Manali.

If you don't want to travel too much, around Narkanda, there are a lot of resorts away from everything on the Thanedar Road. I would have easily recommended you a Thanedar property, but they are closed so you can look at properties around Narkanda or post on the specific thread.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th October 2020 at 01:22.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 20:55   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Any current updates on this route? Am planning a drive till haldwani in the Republic day weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks