Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 23:51   #316
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Is the Rampur - Rudrapur stretch currently in good condition if one has to go to Bhimtal - Sattal?
We didn't use the Moradabad - Bazpur - Kaladhungi - Haldwani route when we visited in April 2022. Most of the road works had been completed when we visited, so it was quite a smooth driving experience barring a couple of diversions. Another plus is that you get to drive through the Tanda Forest Range, which is a very pleasant drive. Depending on the time however, you will encounter some traffic at Rudrapur. No major concerns otherwise.
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 13:36   #317
BHPian

hi, any recent updates on Gurgaon to Bhimtal route? any specific sections to avoid? is the Rampur - Rudrapur section ok or should I divert towards Bazpur from Rampur and avoid Rudrapur altogether. Final destination is Bhimtal.

Also, what is the return rush situation? Bhimtal to Gurgaon? We will depart for return journey on Sunday.
Old 9th September 2022, 12:15   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
I would recommend the Moradabad - Bazpur - Kaladhungi - Haldwani route. Not only is it well paved and has lesser traffic, it offers a better driving experience because post Bazpur you drive through the outer areas of Corbett NP. When I did the Rampur - Rudrapur route last, it was in such an abysmal state that I made a mental note of not to use it again.

Tip - Keep an eye on the traffic cops between Haldwani and Bhimtal. They seem to like stopping non-local cars/bikes for general checking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
We didn't use the Moradabad - Bazpur - Kaladhungi - Haldwani route when we visited in April 2022. Most of the road works had been completed when we visited, so it was quite a smooth driving experience barring a couple of diversions. Another plus is that you get to drive through the Tanda Forest Range, which is a very pleasant drive. Depending on the time however, you will encounter some traffic at Rudrapur. No major concerns otherwise.
Thanks, both! Sorry, I didn't respond earlier. I used the Rampur Rudrapur route only and it was a breeze. It was in a very good condition back in the first week of June. That's my input for back then, can't comment how it's holding up right now.
P.S. I agree on the Tanda route, done it many times, but if the R R route is in a good state, it saves a considerable amount of time.
ankitahuja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 17:09   #319
BHPian

Planning a vacation trip from Greater Noida to Almora during Oct 22-25 (more likely Binsar). We plan to leave early on 22nd. I am toying between 2 options:

A) Taking the Shatabdi Exp train from Ghaziabad to Kathgodam and then taxi from there

B) Self-driving all the way in my manual tranny diesel car (EPE - Hapur, Moradabad - Bazpur - Nainital - Almora, ETA 11 hr drive with breaks)

I had a few questions:
  1. Which of the above 2 travel options would you recommend?
  2. How cold does it get there in late-Oct? No rain I hope.
  3. If I do travel option #B (drive):
  • 3a) Is that the recommended route, or would you suggest some other route?
  • 3b) I know the EPE stretch is good. Other than that stretch, how are the roads, and what kind of traffic can I expect?
  • 3c) Upto what point is it a 4/6-lane divided hwy?
  • 3d) Is the estimate drive time correct (11 hrs with breaks)?

Last edited by vharihar : 1st October 2022 at 17:11.
Old 1st October 2022, 18:11   #320
BHPian

We have totally 3 nights. Wifey doesn't take long zig-zag roads well. So instead of Binsar or Almora which is I expect will be a long'ish zig-zag drive for her (even from Kathgodam Stn), I'm instead considering:

1) 2 nights in Mukteshwar (just to chill out in nature): Check in Sat, check out Mon 10 am and move to Stay#2 (see below), ETA 4-hr drive
2) 1 night in a hotel in Jim Corbett Natl Park (JCNP) closer to the Ramnagar end (hopefully can do a safari): Check in 2 pm, check out Tue 10 am and return to Greater Noida

Does the plan sound practical? How does one book a safari in JCNP? A safari is possible in a 1-night stay?
Old 2nd October 2022, 09:25   #321

If going to Mukhteshwar from the Corbett-Kaladungi side go via Nainital-Bhowali-Ramgarh-Satbunga onto Mukhteshwar.
Very scenic route.
Cavalier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 11:58   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
If going to Mukhteshwar from the Corbett-Kaladungi side go via Nainital-Bhowali-Ramgarh-Satbunga onto Mukhteshwar.
Very scenic route.
We went to Binsar.

Onward, we did Delhi - Hapur - Moradabad - Bazpur - Nainital - Almora - Binsar.

The Nainital-Almora stretch was terrible bcoz of ongoing road widening. Lotsa places where there was a jam and noone (other than volunteers) to man and clear the jam.

On the return, after asking around for tips to avoid the Almora-Nainital stretch, we took (commonly called Mukteshwar route): Binsar - Kwarab - Peora - Satkhol - Ramgarh - Bhowali - Ranibagh - Kathgodam - Haldwani Bypass - Rudrapur - Rampur - Moradabad - Hapur - Delhi (We totally skipped Nainital, and I think we skipped Bhimtal too). This was much better. The Binsar - Kwarab - Peora - Satkhol - Ramgarh - Bhowali stretch has much lesser traffic and no jams. It is scenic too. Roads are narrower, but not a problem. Just be careful of sudden stretches that become narrower than usual bcoz of a landslid base. Best to do it in clear daylight.

Driving tip for mountaineous regions: If you don't have DRL, always keep your headlights on (normal beam please, NOT in highbeam). Reason being that due to ever-present shaded regions (of trees) that come and go intermittently, there are very many spots that have poor visibility of oncoming traffic, esp when you're just coming out of a lit region and entering a shaded region, IIRC. That's the reason the developed world have signs on such scenic routes that say "Turn on headlights even in daytime", have seen this amply in the US.

To clarify, the headlights I'm suggesting is for you to be seen by others easily even in daytime (not so much for you to see others; the hope being that others follow the same guideline (and many do, I noticed), so you too can spot them easily)

Last edited by vharihar : 26th October 2022 at 12:25.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:38   #323
BHPian

Hello, I am visiting Nainital this weekend and would like to know what is the best route from Delhi.
There are multiple routes being discussed in the thread. What is the best route as of today?
Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 17:07   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
Hello, I am visiting Nainital this weekend and would like to know what is the best route from Delhi.
There are multiple routes being discussed in the thread. What is the best route as of today?
Thanks
Did you make the road trip? Could you please let me know the road condition? How much time it will take from Delhi airport to Nainital?
Old 4th May 2023, 18:59   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Did you make the road trip? Could you please let me know the road condition? How much time it will take from Delhi airport to Nainital?
Hey, My route was Delhi - Ghaziabad - Hapur - Gajraula - Rampur - Bazpur - Nainital.
The roads are good for the entire journey.

Regarding duration, it all depends on the traffic and what time and day you are going. With long weekends, the traffic on hill stations is horrible.
Two weeks ago, I went to Mussoorie, and it took us roughly 2 hours to enter the hill station.
lokesharo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 08:22   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
The shortest and quickest route is the one via
Parag Dairy,Dalpatpur.
From Delhi-Moradabad-continue towards Rampur and turn at Parag Dairy,Dalpatpur and then continue via Tanda-Bazpur-Kaladungi and onto Nainital.
The new roads laid between Dalpatpur and Bazpur make this the preferred route.
Nainital itself will be very crowded and the local authorities won’t let you in unless you have a confirmed Hotel booking,you will be stopped at Sariatal,a few km short of Naini.
Depending on the time you leave Delhi ..it will take you about 4-4.5 hours depending on the number of stops..the roads are really that good.
Hope this helps.
Cavalier is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 19:58   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
The shortest and quickest route is the one via
Parag Dairy,Dalpatpur.
From Delhi-Moradabad-continue towards Rampur and turn at Parag Dairy,Dalpatpur and then continue via Tanda-Bazpur-Kaladungi and onto Nainital.
The new roads laid between Dalpatpur and Bazpur make this the preferred route.
Nainital itself will be very crowded and the local authorities won’t let you in unless you have a confirmed Hotel booking,you will be stopped at Sariatal,a few km short of Naini.
Depending on the time you leave Delhi ..it will take you about 4-4.5 hours depending on the number of stops..the roads are really that good.
Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot!
THis is really very helpful, good to know the journey can be kept less than 6 hrs with some stops I guess. I will land in Delhi at 10:00 AM, so I can start pretty much by 10:30.

I was planning to book a cab on makemytrip to take me from Delhi airport to Nainital, an Innova or something. Any tips for getting a good deal elsewhere?
Old 24th May 2023, 13:21   #328

Hi folks,
Can you please advise what would be the fastest route from Varanasi to Nainital (Ramgarh)
Old 8th June 2023, 15:07   #329
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Please suggest me best route from Gurgaon (Vatika City Chowk) to Bhimtal.

I don't mind driving few KMs/minutes more to avoid bad roads.
Old 8th June 2023, 17:39   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi guys,

Please suggest me best route from Gurgaon (Vatika City Chowk) to Bhimtal.

I don't mind driving few KMs/minutes more to avoid bad roads.
Follow google, the route will be

Gurgaon- Gajraula( good options for food/ break) - Moradabad- Rampur- Rudrapur - Haldwani Bypass- Bhimtal.

A few Kms before Haldwani, you will see a small village type road - I remember there were directions marked as Bypass. It will cross the Lalkuan- Haldwani route as well.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks