Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 16:43   #91
Team-BHP Support

No Idea about car parks.
You an check out tripadvisor.in for details. I checked that website. I am yet to make my selection.
All is being done via GOOGLE. So as soon as I finalize things I will let you know.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:11   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I spoke to Bambolim Beach Resort ~~ and they are willing to give me monsoon prices till 15th october. That works out to 9999 for AP(Breakfast and Dinner) for sea facing room)
Sea facing room is 2400/night if I opt for room only

Is that a good resort?
The location is great! The hotel is ok though. Place to go if you are going with family only. Be warned no public transport close by. You'll have to depend on hotel cabs.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:19   #93
Team-BHP Support

Palolem beach is looking to be good. Have mailed alessandras
Old 4th September 2008, 19:41   #94
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Palolem beach is looking to be good. Have mailed alessandras
You may try Colonia Santa Maria on Baga beach, next to calangute. We stayed there 2 years back. At the time the rate was around 1200+ (sept-oct) But a very nice place, clean and quiet. Web site is Colonia Santa Maria Hotel home page
Old 5th September 2008, 11:24   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
You may try Colonia Santa Maria on Baga beach, next to calangute. We stayed there 2 years back. At the time the rate was around 1200+ (sept-oct) But a very nice place, clean and quiet. Web site is Colonia Santa Maria Hotel home page
If you're staying in that area, you could also try out the following:

1. Captain Lobo's
2. Ronil royale / Ronil Beach Resort
3. Cavala

All should be easily found on the web. If you're planning to stay in Candolim then:

1. Little Italy (only prob. is the restaurant is vegetarian)
2. Seagull
Old 5th September 2008, 11:38   #96
Team-BHP Support

We have decided to stay in south Goa since its quieter.
Ciaran's and a couple of other hotels are on the radar.
Mostly its off season, esp in south goa as weekend crowd prefers Baga and Calangute beaches
Old 5th September 2008, 12:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have decided to stay in south Goa since its quieter.
Ciaran's and a couple of other hotels are on the radar.
Mostly its off season, esp in south goa as weekend crowd prefers Baga and Calangute beaches
How much are they charging? But i was advised that for first time visitors, North Goa has more entertainment.
Old 5th September 2008, 12:37   #98
Team-BHP Support

Most of the hotels are around 1500/night in that period
Old 5th September 2008, 12:53   #99
Team-BHP Support

If you guys are interested in South Goa then Palolem is the place to go. Its completely different from North Goa. Rustic ambience, cheap hotels and an amazing beach. Some of the shacks even play impromptu gigs by the fire at nights, courtsey the 1000s of westerners who stay in those areas. Its a really amazing setup.

I stayed at a place where they charged around 1000 bucks even in the peak season. And yet I had a decent AC'd room with an attached collonial style balcony. I believe I have some fotos uploaded in my Travelogue. The beach is a walkable distance from the hotel (3 minutes).

By the way, south goa is very desolate and you will find getting transportation pretty difficult. If you have a car of your own then thats the best option.
Old 7th September 2008, 13:52   #100
Senior - BHPian

Zappo, what is the name of the place you stayed at in South Goa? I could not get info on the other GTDC hotel you stayed at in Panaji.
tsk1979--any updates?
Old 7th September 2008, 15:13   #101
BHPian

if you want to go to south goa, you could even try martin's comfort, owned by martin's corner in majorda/betalbatim area

Martins Corner Goa

the link has their contact number.

also check out Hotels India Discount Hotel Budget Air Tickets Flight Tickets - TravelGuru.com they are quoting Rs. 1,625/night
Old 14th September 2008, 18:08   #102
BHPian

Guys,

I'm planning to drive down to Goa end of September-early Oct for a week. Can you please suggest some good hotels in Calangute area with beach attached to the resort?

I was exploring estrela do mar beach resort but trip advisor ratings are too bad on this property. I'm also exploring Ronil beach resort. Can someone help here please?
Old 15th September 2008, 11:20   #103
Team-BHP Support

Guys, my cousin has told me that he has surplus club mahindra holidays left, and I can use them if I want.
How good is the club Mahindra resort at Goa?
Old 15th September 2008, 13:32   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Colonia Santa Maria is supposedly good. A friend stayed there and was suggesting it to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How much are they charging? But i was advised that for first time visitors, North Goa has more entertainment.
Definitely. North Goa is more lively, shacks are plentiful and nightlife options and water sports are aplenty. Hence, preferred by young couples, firangs, bachelors etc. I would say South Goa is more for families as it more peaceful and quiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
Guys,

I'm planning to drive down to Goa end of September-early Oct for a week. Can you please suggest some good hotels in Calangute area with beach attached to the resort?

I was exploring estrela do mar beach resort but trip advisor ratings are too bad on this property. I'm also exploring Ronil beach resort. Can someone help here please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
If you're staying in that area, you could also try out the following:

1. Captain Lobo's
2. Ronil royale / Ronil Beach Resort
3. Cavala
My vote goes to Cavala. It wins hands down. I was recently there and they charged me Rs 1,200/night with BF. 2nd vote to Ronil and 3rd spot to Ticlo (its on Calangute while the former 2 are closer to Baga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Check out Nivalink Consultancy Services - Event Manager - Travel Planner - Weekend Getaways to get a lowdown on all your queries. Quite an exhaustive site and updated as well.
Quoting myself, I would suggest you to go through this site in details for all possible price point options in North/South Goa hotels/resorts.

Quote:
nivalink site is turning out to be a wealth of information. Looks like this weekend will be spent surfing google for the best deals.
Told you so
Old 15th September 2008, 20:40   #105
BHPian

Thanks a ton, Nishant - much appreciate it.

I also looked up for feedback on Tripadvisor and have settled for Ronil Beach Resort.

Will have a beer for you, Sir!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks