Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:52   #121
BHPian

Goa accomodations..

I went to Goa last week. Stayed at Whispering Palms. I booked a standard room which had two separate single beds! Imagine that for a family of husband, wife and five year old. . But the best part is when I complained, they upgraded me to their Classic Room. The room was nice and costed around 3500/day on bed and Breakfast basis. Had a swimming pool, jacuzzi and less than 100 meters to Candolim beach. Breakfast was good and sumptuous. but the bar sucked big time and barman was a moron. The cocktails he made were horrible.

I had bookings only for 29th and 30th and for 31st they said they are full. But on 30th there was a cancellation I could extend the stay. I tried a nearby resort for a walkin and they had vacancies on 31st.

I checked Goan Heritage and it was booked fully. Went to Bogmallo for lunch and the place looked really nice. But lunch costed a bomb of Rs.450/per head.

Their rates go up from Nov 1st onwards. Actually it is true with every hotel in Goa. They have one rate till August, Sept-October has another rate november onwards another rate.

Nainar
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:43   #122
Senior - BHPian

Guys, can you suggest a CHEAP option during the year end? Say between the 26th and 30th December.
Old 4th November 2008, 19:36   #123
BHPian

I was in Goa from 24-Oct to 29-Oct. Stayed near Calangute market in Colonia De Braganza Resort for 3 nights @ 1800/- per night, accomodation was a 2 bedroom appartment with a hall and a kitchen, it has 3 split A/Cs one in each bedroom and one in hall. Stayed for another 2 nights near Miramar-Panaji in hotel miramar for Rs.1800/- for 2 nights, this was ok but the food in their restuarant by name Anouksha is great
Old 6th November 2008, 14:21   #124
BHPian

Had been to Goa in August. Stayed at Miramar Residency. its a hotel by Goa tourism board. But trust me its nothing like the normal govt. run hotels, they've got these villas. Its beautiful, overlooking the Miramar beach, right next to Marriot's property. The best part is that the tariffs are unbelievable. During offseason the tariff was aroud 1600 per room and during season when i had asked them they had quoted around 2500-3000, which is a very good deal considering the property location and surroundings. Definitely value for money.
Old 6th November 2008, 18:35   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Guys, can you suggest a CHEAP option during the year end? Say between the 26th and 30th December.
Hey, it would be nice if you could give figures here But let me warn you buddy, at that time of the year the prices are at their maximum. Let me know your budget and probably I could suggest you something accordingly.
Old 6th November 2008, 19:50   #126
BHPian

The prices during year end are too high.
Mentioned below are some of them when I inquired for period of 25th to 27th of Dec.
I inquired with these people today.

------------------------------------
Colonia Braganza Resort - 3 Star
Calangute

Meal Plan : Bed & Breakfast

Package Cost : Rs.5200/- per couple per night
Rs.1600/- per extra person per night

* This one I got it for 1800/- per night, accomodation was a 2 bedroom appartment with a hall and a kitchen, it has 3 split A/Cs one in each bedroom and one in hall, during 24th oct to 26th oct.
---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
CARMOLOBO RESORTS! GOA! CANDOLIM!
RATES FOR 18THDEC TO 26TH DEC , CHRISTMAS WEEK.
RS 3000 /ROOM/NIGHT FOR 2 PAX CP
RS 6000 /2 BEDROOM/NIGHT FOR 4 PAX,CP
RS 300/EXTRA PERSON/NIGHT,CP.

RATES FOR 27TH DEC TO 5TH JAN,NEWYEARS.
RS 8000 /ROOM/NIGHT FOR 2 ,CP.
RS 16,000 /2 BEDROOM/NIGHT FOR 4 PAX,CP
RS 1000/EXTRA PERSON/NIGHT,CP.

MINIMUM BOOKING DURING CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS HAS TO BE 4 NIGHTS.

* This one when inquired in oct was for Rs. 3000 /2 BEDROOM/NIGHT FOR 4 PAX,CP
-----------------------------------------
Old 6th November 2008, 20:26   #127
BHPian

After a relaxing three days, I can suggest Prainha Cottages. It's about 6 km away from Panjim at Dona Paula , a small boutique hotel set in it's own spectacular bay, Welcome to Prainha Hotel and Cottages - Goa 's best resort, not meant if you want the fast night life of Calangute. Ideal for chilling and swimming away the workday stress.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:45   #128
BHPian

Basic/Budget accommodation in south goa.

Folks,

Please suggest some basic/budget accommodation on beachside in south goa. We just need clean toilets, bed and car parking.

Thanks.
Old 14th January 2010, 14:39   #129
BHPian

The O Hotel Goa

Hi,

Any reviews or experiences of the O Hotel in Candolim, Goa ??

Thanks
Saurabh
Old 26th March 2010, 16:50   #130
Senior - BHPian

Accomodations ?

Guys,
Planning a trip to goa. Suggestions required about the accomodation. It would be One kid, wife and me. This would be the first trip to Goa for both of us.
Requirements:
Not crowded.
On the beach / Beach access a must / Private beach access (Anything of this sort).

Suggestions Please.
Old 27th March 2010, 03:02   #131
BHPian

Try Palolem. Nice and scenic beach. You would get lot of options on the beach. If you need private access, head towards varca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Guys,
Planning a trip to goa. Suggestions required about the accomodation. It would be One kid, wife and me. This would be the first trip to Goa for both of us.
Requirements:
Not crowded.
On the beach / Beach access a must / Private beach access (Anything of this sort).

Suggestions Please.
Old 27th March 2010, 07:02   #132
Senior - BHPian

I think you will enjoy staying in and out of Margoa. The place is simply truly beautiful and one of my favourite beaches Benaulim is right there. Try hiring something in Madgoa. There are lots of things to do and it truly gives the flavor of Goa. You have also got great places to go to such as Martins Corner,Fiplee's ,Pedro Shack etc..
North goa is again different , you have more night clubs ,parties and stuff.
Old 27th March 2010, 07:32   #133
Senior - BHPian

need to find a cheap place to stay in north goa, preferably baga, calangut, anjuna(not in any specific order)

any suggestions ?
Old 27th March 2010, 08:00   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Try Palolem. Nice and scenic beach. You would get lot of options on the beach. If you need private access, head towards varca.
Thanks for the suggestion. Any specific hotels or resorts you would recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I think you will enjoy staying in and out of Margoa. The place is simply truly beautiful and one of my favourite beaches Benaulim is right there. Try hiring something in Madgoa. There are lots of things to do and it truly gives the flavor of Goa. You have also got great places to go to such as Martins Corner,Fiplee's ,Pedro Shack etc..
North goa is again different , you have more night clubs ,parties and stuff.
Thanks for the suggestion Arjun. Any specific hotels you would recommend on Benaulim.
Old 28th March 2010, 06:50   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Any specific hotels or resorts you would recommend.

Thanks for the suggestion Arjun. Any specific hotels you would recommend on Benaulim.
You should definitely try the Royal Goan Beach Club. It's RCI affiliated but they do sell it individually also and its just a 5 mins walk from the benaulim beach.Otherwise if this holiday is something special and a big budget is allocated for this, then go for the Taj Exotica which is right on the beach.
you could also try hotels in and around benaulim beach , because renting a car is really easy in goa.
You could try Haati mahal,club mahindra , Lotus suites and clarion the beach.
These would be my suggestions.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 28th March 2010 at 07:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks