Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 00:13   #241
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Try http://www.expedia.co.in
You can find some very good Hotel accomodation deals here, sometime better deals than actual direct bookings as expedia buys yearly bulk nights from those hotels.

Sometimes they have good deals on 4 star - 5 star Hotels too.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 9th January 2013 at 00:16.
Old 10th January 2013, 19:41   #242
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if this is the right thread but three Tbhpians including I are travelling to Goa on Saturday (12th Jan), we will be in a 3 car convoy of non tbhp stickered cars, An ANHC, an Aveo and another car to be decided yet, so if anyone from the forum are also on their way or in Goa, we sure can try and meet up.
Old 10th January 2013, 21:03   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I am planning to visit Goa in feb from 8th to 11th. Will be using the free holiday voucher provided by Mahindra when I purchased the XUV. Its for 2 nights/3 days stay. The booking is done in the Emeralds Palm resort. I will be driving down to Goa on feb 8th and drive back on feb 11th morning.

As per my plans, I will have to stay an extra night (feb 10). So any idea what the rates are in Emerald palms for one more night. Else since its just the matter of one more night, I was thinking of shifting to some other fairly ok budget hotel as I would be leaving real early on feb 11th morning. So any decent places on the south Goa stretch in the range of 1500-2000Rs.There will be my wife and 3yr daughter and a XUV . So a decent place for the night with safe car parking option.

FundaG
HI , would appreciate if some one could provide inputs on the above. Thanks

FundaG
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:44   #244
BHPian

Quote:
HI , would appreciate if some one could provide inputs on the above. Thanks

FundaG
Do check out Shangrila Beach Hotel. Its very economical and good accomodation option near Majorda Beach.

http://www.goasmiles.com/

You can Try GTDC at Colva also.
roamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 15:36   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans511 View Post
What a co incidence even I am also planning for a stay in Goa @ Emeralds Palm resort in from Feb 22 to 26 ,I would be looking forward to your experience @ Emerald
The experience at Emerald was really good. We were provided a superior room which had 2 double beds and 2 baths. So had a lot of space since there was just me, wife and 3yr old daughter.

If you are going there for the first time and driving, the one issue would be finding the place. Its slightly challenging. We took almost 1.5hrs to find the resort after reaching goa and when the resort was around 7-8 kms away.
A good option would be when you are at Navelim, start asking people for Varca beach and Varca church. Very less people really know about Emerald Palms and its location.

FundaG
Old 13th February 2013, 20:00   #246

Quote:

The experience at Emerald was really good. We were provided a superior room which had 2 double beds and 2 baths. So had a lot of space since there was just me, wife and 3yr old daughter.

If you are going there for the first time and driving, the one issue would be finding the place. Its slightly challenging. We took almost 1.5hrs to find the resort after reaching goa and when the resort was around 7-8 kms away.
A good option would be when you are at Navelim, start asking people for Varca beach and Varca church. Very less people really know about Emerald Palms and its location.

FundaG
Thanks ,for the update I m looking forward to it....if you have any tip to share please pm me ...
Old 14th February 2013, 15:57   #247
BHPian

I'm riding down to Goa during the last week of February and have decided to stay on Agonda beach. Anyone has any idea about The Hangout Agonda? They have got pretty good reviews on TripAdvisor. Any other alternatives?
Old 20th February 2013, 14:08   #248
BHPian

Been in Goa between 23 - 27 of January 2013. Stayed at 'Angels Resort'. Room Price Rs. 1850.00/day including taxes (for the first 3 days) and Rs. 2000.00/day including taxes (for the last day) and complimentary breakfast was provided throughout. The first 3 days were booked through 'makemytrip' and the last day was confirmed once we reached there. We were a group of 8 and had booked 4 room.
Old 24th February 2013, 23:06   #249
BHPian

We traveled in mid-Feb with our 15-month toddler and enjoyed our stay at Hotel Goan Heritage on Holiday Street near Calangute. We paid approx 5.5 K per night. This was our fourth visit to Goa over the last 7 years or so. We have stayed previously at Lemon Tree Amarante at Candolim (which btw, is nice, clean, professional)

The pros :
1. Location is terrific for North Goa - bang on the beach, you walk right onto the beach through the back gate of the hotel. It doesnt get any better. We had a partial view of the sea from our balcony on the first floor
2. The beach is nice, fairly clean for Goa in season
3. Tons of very decent shacks on the beach stretch
4. Hotel food is very good and having it by the poolside in the evening with live music is a nice experience
5. Hotel lawns are nice and well maintained
6. Some good eateries viz. Le Jardin and A Reverie are right next door
7. Shops, rental options etc are a 5-min walk away

Other general comments
1. This is an old school Goan resort - so, expect old-world charm, lively chats, smiles, older staff members - but dont expect the prompt, smart professionalism of better places
2. A few things to ignore and not get too finicky about details - in our case, one of the chairs in the balcony had some stains and the AC was a window unit that was a tad noisier than most

Overall, had a great time by the beach and at the resort.

Last edited by RoadTiger : 24th February 2013 at 23:10.
Old 24th February 2013, 23:18   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

FundaG
You should have asked for Zuri Retreat. That is what it was called until last year. I had been to the same resort in 2010. The rooms and location were fantastic as long as you had your own transportation.
Old 25th February 2013, 11:22   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I'm riding down to Goa during the last week of February and have decided to stay on Agonda beach. Anyone has any idea about The Hangout Agonda? They have got pretty good reviews on TripAdvisor. Any other alternatives?
We stayed in Hangout Agonda in Dec -2012 with 3 families. It's a great place. Service is superb, rooms are clean and neat; possibly the best you could get on the beach. Food, though was pricey, it was excellent. Go ahead with your plan... Finally, don't miss awesome dolphin watch trip in the morning and a trip or a day's stay in nearby cola beach (some 6 km or so). Its simply mind-blowing!
panchi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 08:31   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
You can try Quinta Da graca. Stayed there in Oct. Here is the website and reviews in tripadvisor.

http://www.quintadagracagoa.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...ardez_Goa.html
Hi!

A nice and very peaceful place to stay. As it is slightly away from the beaches its very peaceful. The owners are also very good and helpful. Thank you pramodpk for recommending this place.

Met BHPian wagoner also at this place

Kiran
Old 21st March 2013, 10:43   #253
BHPian

Here are the well rated but not overpriced ones in North Goa:
Lui Beach Resort, Candolim
Ronils resort, Calangute
Tamarind Hotel, Anjuna
Old 7th May 2013, 02:11   #254
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Goa between 22 June to 29 June, we'll be staying at Emerald Palm, Goa (a club Mahindra property). Find below my queries:

1. I know it would definitely be raining in Goa. How bad could it get? Can we still explore Goa in rains? We have our own car (The Ritzy) with us.
2. Any reviews of the Emerald Palm?

P.S: I am thoroughly going through Sam's (A YetiHoliday® - TheYeti®, TheOne®, The Activa and a very wet Goa).
Old 7th May 2013, 11:08   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
1. I know it would definitely be raining in Goa. How bad could it get? Can we still explore Goa in rains? We have our own car (The Ritzy) with us.
Goa is best seen in the rains.Ofcourse no shacks but if you want to see the beauty of the place,Goa is best in the rains.Yes it pours in Goa during the monsoons,it comes in sheets!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks