Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 19:17   #151
Team-BHP Support

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Carnival huh?

I am driving down on Friday morning.

Just go there and look for the cheapest hotel. There are many that have cropped up.
Yup!

We're not interested in hotel rooms. We'd like a small apartment or a villa that has four rooms and can accommodate roughly 8-10 people. So far, I've found a few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
If you can stay put at vagator, you can get decent places for around 400 - 500 per nite. Let me know if you are comfortable with the location, then shall suggest the place.
Sure! Will PM you! Thank you, JMaruru!

By the way, Vagator isn't far from Candolim, is it?
Old 1st March 2011, 12:54   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
By the way, Vagator isn't far from Candolim, is it?
Around 15mins from Candolim
Old 1st March 2011, 21:45   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
If you can stay put at vagator, you can get decent places for around 400 - 500 per nite. Let me know if you are comfortable with the location, then shall suggest the place.
We are 11 college students and are heading to Goa on the 9th. We need a decent place to crash. What is the best VFM options? Considering its not the season, any particular places we can get great deals? AC's would be great. No requirement of food and stuff.
And also what about motorcycle rentals? Any place I can lay my hands on a Thunderbird for a decent amount?
Old 1st March 2011, 22:03   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
We are 11 college students and are heading to Goa on the 9th. We need a decent place to crash. What is the best VFM options? Considering its not the season, any particular places we can get great deals? AC's would be great. No requirement of food and stuff.
And also what about motorcycle rentals? Any place I can lay my hands on a Thunderbird for a decent amount?
You would easliy get places(clean bed and toilet and non-a/c rooms) for around 400 bucks a nite, in and around vagator. I do not know much about motorcycle rentals.
Old 29th March 2011, 17:41   #155
BHPian

I am planning for North Goa this weekend with my Better Half and its planned in very hurry.
I need your suggestions for good place to stay in north goa probably calangute, baga, candolim. Requirement is to have clean rooms, nearer to beaches...budget is around 1000/night....i am first time visiting north goa....
suggestions are required....
Old 29th March 2011, 18:15   #156
BHPian

Check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...st-timers.html

Have a Nice time at Goa.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
I am planning for North Goa this weekend with my Better Half and its planned in very hurry.
I need your suggestions for good place to stay in north goa probably calangute, baga, candolim. Requirement is to have clean rooms, nearer to beaches...budget is around 1000/night....i am first time visiting north goa....
Old 29th March 2011, 19:16   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
We always stay at The Hacienda-Baga Beach. The rates vary between 1000-1300 per day depending on the season. The beach, Tito's, Infantaria is at walking distance from there.
The rooms are clean, it's not too fancy, basic bed, lcd tv & an a/c with order in food facility, which is good value for money. But as I see it, we usually don't spend too much time in the room other than the nights sleep, so why spend a lot on a room, rather spend it on partying, eating, drinking, water sports etc etc.
Phone: +91-832-2277348/6511, speak with Mrs.Lobo. They serve only snacks, breakfast, & the usual beverages, no main course. Laundry service is available at a price. But overall a good place for a budget stay. The best part I like is that they arrange for chairs on the lawn where you can chill out with a drink.
Have fun!

Last edited by mb_jg : 29th March 2011 at 19:18.
Old 29th March 2011, 21:46   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
We always stay at The Hacienda-Baga Beach. The rates vary between 1000-1300 per day depending on the season. The beach, Tito's, Infantaria is at walking distance from there.
The rooms are clean, it's not too fancy, basic bed, lcd tv & an a/c with order in food facility, which is good value for money. But as I see it, we usually don't spend too much time in the room other than the nights sleep, so why spend a lot on a room, rather spend it on partying, eating, drinking, water sports etc etc.
Phone: +91-832-2277348/6511, speak with Mrs.Lobo. They serve only snacks, breakfast, & the usual beverages, no main course. Laundry service is available at a price. But overall a good place for a budget stay. The best part I like is that they arrange for chairs on the lawn where you can chill out with a drink.
Have fun!
Thanks Manish, I am also thinking the same way..to spent less on room and more on eating and enjoying .....i will call Mrs. Lobo tommorow for availability. This will be my second visit to goa, last time was in 2008 and stayed in BayWatch Resort in south goa..very calm and serene place but costly.
Old 1st September 2011, 00:08   #159
BHPian

Hey friends,

I am also planning a trip to Goa, sept last week or october first week. approximately around 5 days there. I would love to get help from all of you on my Goa basics.

1. How is the climate this time of the year? September last week and October first week

2. Can anyone suggest some decent places to stay. Not too expensive not too cheap either. We will be a group of maybe 5 people (3 guys and 2 girls) or maybe only 3. I was thinking of some place like a 1BR or 2BR villa or house or something of the sort (hope you get the idea).

2.a. (Added since this is also something related to the stay and travel in Goa).Also some place to rent scooters and bikes near the accommodation. Preferably someone who does a drop and maybe pickup of the vehicles.

3. Since its our first Goa trip, what are the things to do. Also is it possible to simply bike around in Goa, I mean like get a place in maybe south Goa or north Goa and just hop, skip and jump down to the other end of the state in the morning and be back in the evening.
Old 7th September 2011, 13:50   #160
BHPian

Guys, How is the Albenjoh guest house on Calangute? Any reviews?

Spoke to him over the phone. He says 700 for non ac and 1200 for AC. Is this the standard price at other places too?
Some reviews would be very helpful.
Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 14:45   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Spoke to him over the phone. He says 700 for non ac and 1200 for AC. Is this the standard price at other places too?
Try GTDC's calangute residency or annexe.
At annexe, ac rooms are at 850+5%tax, rooms are much better and the location is good.
In july, i with 14 other rajababues stayed at this place for three nights.
If you opt for residency, the location is best i can say but prices are little higher side compared to annexe.
The rates will increase on 1st oct.
If you are with friends then go for annexe, with family then go for residency.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 7th September 2011 at 14:48.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 14:47   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_mirage View Post
Hey friends,

I am also planning a trip to Goa, sept last week or october first week. approximately around 5 days there. I would love to get help from all of you on my Goa basics.

1. How is the climate this time of the year? September last week and October first week

2. Can anyone suggest some decent places to stay. Not too expensive not too cheap either. We will be a group of maybe 5 people (3 guys and 2 girls) or maybe only 3. I was thinking of some place like a 1BR or 2BR villa or house or something of the sort (hope you get the idea).

2.a. (Added since this is also something related to the stay and travel in Goa).Also some place to rent scooters and bikes near the accommodation. Preferably someone who does a drop and maybe pickup of the vehicles.

3. Since its our first Goa trip, what are the things to do. Also is it possible to simply bike around in Goa, I mean like get a place in maybe south Goa or north Goa and just hop, skip and jump down to the other end of the state in the morning and be back in the evening.
Answers to your questions

1. End Sep and Oct may still have inermittent rain - not heavy - and sea will be rough at some places. Watch out for flags at the beach before venturing into water. Beach shacks will be very few.

2. I don't know about villas. But "Cavala" in Baga is a cute little place. www.cavala.com

3. All hotels in Goa can arrange scooter for rent. No worries.

4. You can do lot of stuff in Goa. I recommend you look at other Goa threads where you can get all information you need.
Old 14th September 2011, 15:44   #163
Senior - BHPian

I am planning for a Goa trip with my wife and 9 year old son in mid Oct and is looking for a place to stay.
Requirements are
- Beach resort, a family place with good surroundings, planning to spend time at resort and not to move around much
- Prefer cottages than rooms (A/C)
- Budget around 3 to 4 K
- Being a foodie, will prefer to have good sea food in or around the resort
- Will be flying there from Bangalore, will be good if the place is near to airport (not mandatory)
Old 14th September 2011, 16:09   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am planning for a Goa trip with my wife and 9 year old son in mid Oct and is looking for a place to stay.
Requirements are
- Beach resort, a family place with good surroundings, planning to spend time at resort and not to move around much
- Budget around 3 to 4 K
- Will be flying there from Bangalore, will be good if the place is near to airport (not mandatory)
We had stayed at Calangute Beach Resortat calangute. This resort is just a few meters away from the beach. Room rate is reasonable (range of 2.5-4K) and food is also good. You can also do a lot of shopping all by walk since it is very close to calangute town.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 16:23   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Requirements are
- Budget around 3 to 4 K
Try Zuri resorts in South Goa. Stayed there twice last year and this year.
Very good food and the suites have two room each with LCD in each room and two bathrooms. I had got a deal of Rs. 1900 per night in July.
Original price of room is around 4K a night. Check their website.
You wont regret.
athanedar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks