Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2013, 09:50   #286
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Check GROUPON (http://www.groupon.co.in) for hotels. They have packages which may interest you. During my recent trip to Goa, I had booked the hotel in North Goa through Groupon, and I did not repent. Just last week I received one more email from them with deals full of Goa, however, I am unable to put it here. I can email you if you would prefer that.

Please note that there are more hotels alone in North Goa than the number of days in a Calendar year. The term "Budget Hotels" is multi dimensional, so you need to be really careful of what you lose to save money, especially since you are with a family.

If the hotel has a review on TripAdvisor, you can get a very good idea of what to expect. Once you shortlist a hotel, check the prices on TravelGuru, MakeMyTrip, ClearTrip, Expedia, Yatra, GoIbibo, Booking.com (pls beware about the taxes you need to pay directly to the hotel),etc. and make the booking. Though this is a cumbersome process, but this is how I book my stay Also, please note that there is no single portal among the ones mentioned above that would consistently give you low rates compared to others.

For e.g., In March this year, I booked Turtle On The Beach, Kovalam using GoIbibo, then in August we booked Serene Woods in Coorg by directly negotiating with the proprietor (since this hotel is not listed on portals, but has reviews on TripAdvisor) and for Goa I booked the hotel in North Goa through Groupon & the one in South Goa through Travel Guru.

I am thinking about this http://getaways.groupon.co.in/390067. I have seen good reviews on the travel advisor.

Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 14:37   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Stayed at Green peace holiday home for 3 days from Nov 1. These are 1 BHK service apartments located near to Candolim. The property is located next to Fortune hotel. They have open parking space in apartment complex.
Apartments has a kitchen with gas connection and basic set of utensils, useful for people travelling with small kids. Cost for AC apartments were 1500 per day. The place is walk-able distance from beach (~600 mts).

The same owner has another hotel which is on the Candolim - Fort Aguda main road (JJ's restaurant ) here , again clean rooms. AC room rate quoted was 1500 all inclusive, they have a resturant also- Friends bar and restaurant. However we felt the food was not that good and rate bit on higher side.

The best food we had from Candolim was at Deva's pavilion cafe located opposite to JJ's guest house. Most of the shacks are yet to open, we had lunch from Calamari on Candolim beach and liked the place and food. The place gets crowded by 12.00 PM, hence it is best to get a reservation done before going.

Also tried Britto's at Baga and found the food good. The place however is crowded and filled with flies.
Old 20th November 2013, 16:18   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Planning to hit goa after diwali for a couple of days.

Can anyone suggest a budget hotel for a family of 4 in north / south goa. (actually dont have any idea on it so asking for it). The hotels mentioned in the thread are over my planned budget.

Anyone been there recently ?

Cheers
Not sure if you have already done this trip. If not, you can consider Ginger hotels in Panjim right on Miramar beach. Ginger generally provides excellent service at a reasonable price.
Old 21st November 2013, 12:21   #289
BHPian

Hello BHP-ians.
I'm planning to visit goa right after new year. Planning to stay around vagator-anjuna. Am looking out for cheap, basic budget beach huts/cottages without any jazz or frills. We're a group of 4. Could anyone provide some inputs/links/leads? Thanx.
Old 21st November 2013, 13:52   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface23 View Post
Hello BHP-ians.
I'm planning to visit goa right after new year. Planning to stay around vagator-anjuna. Am looking out for cheap, basic budget beach huts/cottages without any jazz or frills. We're a group of 4. Could anyone provide some inputs/links/leads? Thanx.
Tropicano beach resort is a descent place located just after Candolim towards Calangute. My brother and his friends stayed there last year and liked it very much. We had tried booking the same place during our trip last month, however there was no rooms available.
Off season rates for AC rooms hover around 1K.
Old 21st November 2013, 21:15   #291
BHPian

We stayed in Caps corner and they have super friendly staff. The rooms were clean and spacious. Cost was around 1800 per night for AC rooms.
Old 25th November 2013, 19:42   #292
BHPian

If you are one that enjoy the crowd and the hustling of the surroundings then North Goa is the place. If you want a relaxing time where even your mother-in-law can't reach you then South Goa is where you must head to.

There are many options in S. Goa but the best that I Find is Mayfair Hideaway Spa & Resort

It is a 5* property with reasonable price and absolutely great food.

If you want to book in advance, then can call their Goa reservations rep Mansoor at 9326112995

Great place, I assure you since, I have stayed there for 3 times at least.
BeingCynical is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 16:41   #293
BHPian

To be specific, does anyone know of any beach huts in the arambol-ashwem-morjim stretch?
Old 26th November 2013, 17:38   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be specific, does anyone know of any beach huts in the arambol-ashwem-morjim stretch?
There has been some license issue in North Goa hence the delay in the huts being put up.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 14:41   #295
BHPian

Quote:
there's a nice one in mandrem dunes village check it out. am there in dec'13.
http://www.dunesgoa.com/
anarkanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 12:20   #296
BHPian

Guys planning a trip to Goa in the last week of December. Based on feedback on this thread, tried to book Green peace holiday home but they are full. Any other Budget Stays in North Goa?
Old 9th December 2013, 12:50   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Guys planning a trip to Goa in the last week of December. Based on feedback on this thread, tried to book Green peace holiday home but they are full. Any other Budget Stays in North Goa?
You can check out Tropicano resort (~ 1000 per room) in Candolim. Also the owner of Green peace has another hotel called JJ Guest house again at Candolim (~ 1500 for AC). Both are good locations.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 16:08   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
You can check out Tropicano resort (~ 1000 per room) in Candolim. Also the owner of Green peace has another hotel called JJ Guest house again at Candolim (~ 1500 for AC). Both are good locations.
I called Tropicano too mate, they too are full. I spoke to the owner of Green Peace and he mentioned that all of his other properties are full as well.

I think i'm very late
Old 9th December 2013, 17:33   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
I called Tropicano too mate, they too are full. I spoke to the owner of Green Peace and he mentioned that all of his other properties are full as well.
Ahh. Well Dec end is peak season. Though no much hope do try out Big Daddy's Inn also. I have not stayed there, however have seen lots positive reviews on Trip adviser. I had called them to check for availability last month, though they were not having rooms (we required stay for 6 people) they forwarded the request to few other hotels.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 18:40   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Ahh. Well Dec end is peak season. Though no much hope do try out Big Daddy's Inn also. I have not stayed there, however have seen lots positive reviews on Trip adviser. I had called them to check for availability last month, though they were not having rooms (we required stay for 6 people) they forwarded the request to few other hotels.
Thanks mate. I checked with Bid Daddys, they have a couple of rooms available for the 30th and 31st but they are quoting 5k a night for both these nights which makes it out of my budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks