Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2007, 10:08   #16
BHPian

Hi guys,

I just looked into Wikemapia due to curiosity and have somewhat figured out the path to Kukke. Please verify whether its correct. I've marked on it.
Please see the below link.

Regards,
Ramki.
Old 16th May 2007, 11:55   #17
BHPian

Anyone can please help me out in this regard!
Old 16th May 2007, 14:52   #18
BANNED

Can you get a normal map that shows roads? I'd find that easier to help with.
Old 16th May 2007, 16:08   #19

Hi,
I had been to Dharmastala and Kukke very recently. Road to Dharmastala is quiet good, no major hassels at all. Kukke is 60Kms away from Dharmastala and man!one of the worst roads you'll ever get. It took me 3.5 hours to reach Kukke. Moreover there is a detour to kukke becoz there are some repiars happening to all the bridges on the way. This road sucks!!
Old 16th May 2007, 16:12   #20
BHPian

Hi,
Last sat. morning at 6 i left b'lore to go kukke, dharmastala, shringeri[must to visit to offer special prayer's in shringeri] horanadu, around 8-30 stopped for BF at hassan, mean while i asked about road condition to kukke-dharmastala[road patched up ok to drive] with a TT driver, he clearly told not to go kukke in own vehicle like swift, b'caz of very bad road, so i directly gone to shringeri->horanadu[night halt], sunday morning again to shringeri ->b'lore.
Old 16th May 2007, 16:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,
Last sat. morning at 6 i left b'lore to go kukke, dharmastala, shringeri[must to visit to offer special prayer's in shringeri] horanadu, around 8-30 stopped for BF at hassan, mean while i asked about road condition to kukke-dharmastala[road patched up ok to drive] with a TT driver, he clearly told not to go kukke in own vehicle like swift, b'caz of very bad road, so i directly gone to shringeri->horanadu[night halt], sunday morning again to shringeri ->b'lore.
Other option is to go till Uppinangadi on NH48 & then turn left (back) towards Kukke. This will add appproximately 40Km more than normal. This road is good for cars.
Old 17th May 2007, 09:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Can you get a normal map that shows roads? I'd find that easier to help with.

Where exactly do we need to take left,that is where is Gundya in this map? This map shows only Uppinangady route for Kukke.
Old 17th May 2007, 09:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post

Where exactly do we need to take left,that is where is Gundya in this map? This map shows only Uppinangady route for Kukke.
Gundya is approximately near the letter 'a' of India in the word mapsofindia.com (embedded in the image).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mk View Post
Hi,
I had been to Dharmastala and Kukke very recently. Road to Dharmastala is quiet good, no major hassels at all. Kukke is 60Kms away from Dharmastala and man!one of the worst roads you'll ever get. It took me 3.5 hours to reach Kukke. Moreover there is a detour to kukke becoz there are some repiars happening to all the bridges on the way. This road sucks!!
Given Pradeep's experience, its better to reach Uppinangady and then goto Kukke.
Old 17th May 2007, 18:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ramki, my 2 cents on this, at the forest checkpost after sakleshpur, park your car and take one of the numerous public transport options, there are plenty of buses and also jeeps which ferry ppl to kukke and back just like autorikshaws, the road to kukke is in real bad shape is what ive heard.
Old 17th May 2007, 20:30   #25
BHPian

I had been to Kukke and Dharmasthala a week back. If you want to visit these two places, you better go directly to Dharmasthala and then go to Kukke on the way back to Bangalore. Bangalore to Dharmasthala, as stated by others, via hassan,sakaleshpur is the best. Dharmasthala to Kukke, you need to go to Uppinangadi and then back to Kukke as all other roads leading to Kukke are closed except the one from sakaleshpur before you enter the shiradi ghat section. IF you plan to visit Kukke before going to Dharmasthala, then that road will be better. Then also, the trip from Kukke to Dharmasthala needs to be via Uppinangadi.
Old 18th May 2007, 10:12   #26
BHPian

thanks whitesquall, will look into this...
Old 18th May 2007, 18:22   #27
BHPian

Some road photographs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
I had been to Kukke and Dharmasthala a week back. If you want to visit these two places, you better go directly to Dharmasthala and then go to Kukke on the way back to Bangalore. Bangalore to Dharmasthala, as stated by others, via hassan,sakaleshpur is the best. Dharmasthala to Kukke, you need to go to Uppinangadi and then back to Kukke as all other roads leading to Kukke are closed except the one from sakaleshpur before you enter the shiradi ghat section. IF you plan to visit Kukke before going to Dharmasthala, then that road will be better. Then also, the trip from Kukke to Dharmasthala needs to be via Uppinangadi.
The road
---------

Halebeedu Photo (You can visit both Beluru and Halebeedu while going to Dharmasthala or while coming back if you have time!!, Real nice places)

Old 21st May 2007, 09:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post

I think thats a good choice.

Another route i can think off is, to proceed further on national highway till "mani" which is a small junction from where you need to take left to reach puttur and proceed further towards subramanya.

This route can be taken by those who travel via mysore route.

From mysore, the route comes via madikeri, sulya, puttur and then joins NH48 near "mani" junction.

So if you come via Mysore road, you need to take a turn after you pass sulya. (Again roads were ok ok when i went last year)

Just another option
Old 21st May 2007, 10:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics Whitesquall, Somehow I am yet to visit Belur, Halebeedu... This time i shud surely plan and cover this places in my next trip...

Abhi
Old 21st May 2007, 13:07   #30
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Awesome pics Whitesquall, Somehow I am yet to visit Belur, Halebeedu... This time i shud surely plan and cover this places in my next trip...

Abhi
Hi! A K Roy
you can visit somanathpura before mysore. you have to take diversion immediately after mandya. it is a beautiful temple under ASI. it is part of three temples built by jakkanna under hoyasala rulers in 12-13 century. the other two are belur and halebeedu in hasan district. somanathpura chennakesava temple is not worshiped at present. the roads were not good when i visited 4-5 years back. it should be around 120 Km form here. these temples are unbelievable architectural wonders. especially the madanikas in belur , nandi's in halebeedu

Most Viewed