Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 11:41   #166
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
:From Shravanabelagola what route were you planning to take to reach Kukke?
That is via Bisle ghat. When Shiradi ghat is in great shape, one should be mad or a Jeeper to take Bisle ghat.

It looks very direct on google map, so I guess people think it is practical.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 19:08   #167
BHPian

Quote:
I can safely say that the road is good till Sakleshpur. I have not traveled beyond Sakleshpur in recent times. But, I have heard that Shiradi ghat is in good shape. My dad travels to Mangalore almost twice a week and he says it is good. In the other thread, you can see that fellow members have updated the status.
Agree with Addyhemmige. I had last driven through Shiradi ghats a month ago, and although the surface was mildly bumpy, it wasn't bad at all. There's no reason to expect it to be much different now.

In any case, my guess is that Samurai can give you the latest updates about roads in his turf

Quote:
Driving from RR Nagar, the best route is to go via Nayandanahalli-Ring Road-Tumkur road. The road is in great shape and you can reach Tumkur road in pretty good time. You may face some traffic near Goraguntepalya signal though.
I strongly advise against taking the Nayandanahalli-Ring Road-Tumkur road route on a Saturday (gopikb says the trip begins on April 21st) since traffic can get extremely unpredictable and unpleasant at both Nayandanahalli cross as well as the Gurguntepalya (Ring Rd-Tumkur Rd junction) point.

Why risk peace of mind when you have the NICE option, even in the face of some unreasonably high toll?
skandyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 19:50   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Agree with Addyhemmige. I had last driven through Shiradi ghats a month ago, and although the surface was mildly bumpy, it wasn't bad at all. There's no reason to expect it to be much different now.

I strongly advise against taking the Nayandanahalli-Ring Road-Tumkur road route on a Saturday (gopikb says the trip begins on April 21st) since traffic can get extremely unpredictable and unpleasant at both Nayandanahalli cross as well as the Gurguntepalya (Ring Rd-Tumkur Rd junction) point.

Why risk peace of mind when you have the NICE option, even in the face of some unreasonably high toll?
skandyhere, Thank you very much for your inputs also. While driving out, I plan at early start at 6AM. Hence I guess the Nayandahalli and Gurguntepalya will not be such a mess at that time. While coming back, it is definitely NICE road all the way.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 23:07   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
skandyhere, Thank you very much for your inputs also. While driving out, I plan at early start at 6AM. Hence I guess the Nayandahalli and Gurguntepalya will not be such a mess at that time. While coming back, it is definitely NICE road all the way.
Any update on how your trip was ?

I am planning to go to Kukke and Dharmasthala on friday the 13th . Any tips. I am going in my SKODA Fabia . Should I take Fabia or Figo? Both petrol, any suggestions?
Old 12th July 2012, 00:56   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweekrith View Post

I am planning to go to Kukke and Dharmasthala on friday the 13th . Any tips. I am going in my SKODA Fabia . Should I take Fabia or Figo? Both petrol, any suggestions?
I am sorry sweekrith. The trip got cancelled in the last minute. Hence i donot have recent updates. I am sure there are other frequent travelers like addyhemmige who can help you out
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 01:25   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Check this thread out, you will always get recent update on all the options/routes between Bangalore-Mangalore, that also includes Sakleshpur/Kukke route.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ore-udupi.html
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 16:45   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Take Bangalore-Kunigal route via Magadi, roads are free in early morning and you can reach Kunigal in less than 2 hours. The roads are excellent till Kunigal now. You will join NH near Kunigal, roads are good till Channarayapatna and you can easily cruise at 100+ speed. Take your Fabia as it is a better car on highway. BTW how old are these cars?
Old 19th July 2012, 17:05   #173
BHPian

Fellow BHPians, I am planning a trip from Pune-Bengaluru-Mysore-Kukke-Pune sometime towards the end of next month.
Can someone advise the best possible route from Mysore to Kukke at that time. Will be with elderly parents and young daughter 3yrs old so would like to avoid bad roads wherever possible.
Considering the above, can someone recommend good accommodation options at Kukke?
Old 19th July 2012, 22:53   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Fellow BHPians, I am planning a trip from Pune-Bengaluru-Mysore-Kukke-Pune sometime towards the end of next month.
Can someone advise the best possible route from Mysore to Kukke at that time. Will be with elderly parents and young daughter 3yrs old so would like to avoid bad roads wherever possible.
Considering the above, can someone recommend good accommodation options at Kukke?
From Mysore follow the below route:
Mysore-Hunsur-Madikeri-Sulya-Jalsoor-Kukke
(SH88 Mysore-Mangalore highway). Excellent road conditions till Madikeri
and (I'm told) pretty good road till Jalsoor, barring the one inside Sulya town.
Sulya-Kukke is a single, winding and good road thru plantations.

Strictly, one need not touch Sulya from Madikeri. But I've not tried the road that takes a right turn from Madikeri-Sulya road midway and joins the Jalsoor-Kukke road.

I've always stayed in Sheshnag Ashraya (that boasts of having had hosted Bollywood and cricket stars, including Tendulkar). BHPians have reported that SLR residency too is good. Please do book in advance.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 04:09   #175
BHPian

I second prasad14's route description. Just a minor variation; instead of driving all the way to Jalsoor from Sulya, you can take the road on your right 3 km from Sulya (at Paichar) and that smoothly merges with the Jalsoor-Kukke road. Taking this road rather than driving all the way to Jalsoor might save about 13 kms.
skandyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 09:11   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
best place to stay Best Accommodation Hotel - Lodge in Kukke Subramanya Near to the Kukke temple - SLR Residency
But you need to book well in advance.
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 12:43   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Yes, SLR is the best place to stay in Kukke. And try to stay away from a place called Senani Residency, we had very bad experience from there
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 14:55   #178
BHPian

Folks, thank you so much for your quick responses. Can you tell me how much time it would take from Mysore to Kukke?
Old 21st July 2012, 07:30   #179
BHPian

Hello Guys... Am planning a travel Blore to Kukke in the month of August, precisely in the mid of August.

Can you guys suggest me the best route. We are 5 people with 3 yr old kid(including) and will be driving in a swift petrol.
Old 21st July 2012, 08:47   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen1 View Post
Hello Guys... Am planning a travel Blore to Kukke in the month of August, precisely in the mid of August.

Can you guys suggest me the best route. We are 5 people with 3 yr old kid(including) and will be driving in a swift petrol.
B'lore-Kukke is a route without options. Theoretically, you have the choice between Hassan-Sakleshpura-Gundya-Kukke and Hassan-Ballupete-Hettur-Bisle Ghat-Kukke. Practically speaking, the second route is thoroughly ruled out unless you're looking for out and out motoring adventure! So via Sakleshpura and Gundya it will be.

Quote:
Folks, thank you so much for your quick responses. Can you tell me how much time it would take from Mysore to Kukke?
I think Mysore-Madikeri-Sulya-Kukke should take approximately 5 hours. This is a rough estimate. Those who have traversed these roads recently could be more accurate, though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks