Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2013, 12:14   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

I have 24 hours in hand after the temple visit. What are the best places to visit near Kukke? Also, my mother would be there with me. So no treks etc. Please suggest something.

Also, I haven't been to a beach in a while. Any recommendations for a truly photographic sunset beach? I will take an on-the-fly decision considering the weather for the day.

Thanks!
Old 4th June 2013, 12:34   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I have 24 hours in hand after the temple visit. What are the best places to visit near Kukke? Also, my mother would be there with me. So no treks etc. Please suggest something.

Also, I haven't been to a beach in a while. Any recommendations for a truly photographic sunset beach? I will take an on-the-fly decision considering the weather for the day.

Thanks!
There are a lot of beaches around Mangalore. I would suggest you to go beyond Mangalore and go to Maravanthe and visit Trasi beach, if you have 24 hrs. It is usually not crowded unlike all the other beaches near Mangalore.

Don't get mislead by the beach next to the road (though this is equally beautiful), a little before this beach , you see a small road going inwards, take that road. If you have any confusion, ask directions to turtle bay beach resort. The resort is on the beach. You could stay in the resort if you plan to stay overnight, I hear the sea-food is mouth-watering there (in case you eat sea-food).

You can see some pics of the beach in my post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2577613
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 14:30   #303

Hello,

Just did Kukke to Bangalore via Shiradi Ghat yesterday and should say that the rains have started to spoil the roads and the first half of Shiradi from Gundya is pretty bad with plenty of pot holes which are very deep and big making it pretty difficult to drive around.

However, its much better after about 1/3rd of the journey and is manageable. I guess in the coming days we will see the entire stretch literally undrivable.
Old 17th June 2013, 16:24   #304

Hi,

Completed a quick trip to Kukke last week. The roads near Hassan is still under repair/construction. It took us 5 hours 30 mins to cover the route. We had issues with the front wheel nut. One had fallen and 2 were loose. Found this out in Chennarayapatna. I had the list of Maruti dealers on the route and luckily at Chennaryapatna we had a authorized dealer. The dealer name is Shankar Car Service. Mr. Manjunath was kind enough to guide us to his place and also fixed the wheel issue. Service is good.

We stayed at Mahamayi Residency. The hotel is new and maintained well. A restaurant is also attached.

The temple also has better facilities now. There are boards everywhere to guide you.

Happy driving.
Old 28th June 2013, 09:09   #305
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Planning to visit Kukke Subramanya and leave from Bangalore today in the afternoon so as to reach there by evening/night. What would be the best route to Kukke from Bangalore?

Bangalore->chennarayapatna->Hassan->Sakleshpur->Gundya(via Shiradi Ghat)->Kukke
or
Bangalore->Chennarayapatna->Holenarasipura->Shanivarasanthe->Bisile Ghat->Kukke

Driving a Polo with family.

Thanks in advance for your help!

cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 28th June 2013, 09:36   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
Hi Guys,

Planning to visit Kukke Subramanya and leave from Bangalore today in the afternoon so as to reach there by evening/night. What would be the best route to Kukke from Bangalore?

Bangalore->chennarayapatna->Hassan->Sakleshpur->Gundya(via Shiradi Ghat)->Kukke
or
Bangalore->Chennarayapatna->Holenarasipura->Shanivarasanthe->Bisile Ghat->Kukke

Driving a Polo with family.

Thanks in advance for your help!

cheers,
Laxminarayan
Go through Sakaleshpur - Gundya. Don't go through Bisile ghat. It's in horrible condition. Your Polo's underbody won't be spared.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 28th June 2013 at 09:38.
guyfrmblr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 22:44   #307
BHPian

Hi guys, would like updates on the roads, especially Sakleshpur to Kukke? I plan to travel from Bangalore on Saturday (leave by 5 am) and return the same day; I will have a friend for driving company.

Also, I am not clear about the temple timings; if I reach by around 10.30am, we should be able to get Darshan, right?

Any inputs will be helpful.
Old 18th November 2013, 22:47   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Any inputs will be helpful.
Check this out for road conditions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3283714
Old 18th November 2013, 23:14   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Check this out for road conditions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3283714
Thanks ampere, I gathered some info from that thread - so what I understand is the Shiradi section (Sakleshpur-Gundya) is in bad condition. How bad is it - I have a Honda City 2012 model?
Old 19th November 2013, 07:48   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks ampere, I gathered some info from that thread - so what I understand is the Shiradi section (Sakleshpur-Gundya) is in bad condition. How bad is it - I have a Honda City 2012 model?
Shiradi I think is bad to the extent that there is no top layer. Its totally eroded. But I still think a low GC car would go (very slow).

(Any way what other option do you have? )

Even if you were planning to go to Dharmsthala, you would have to endure Shiradi at least once.

Hassa-Belur-Mudigere-Charmadi-Ujire-Dharmasthala-Kukke-Shiradi-Hassan.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 13:26   #311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
See this :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3297229

Looks like quite a bad scene there at Shiradi
Old 19th November 2013, 13:44   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

See this :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3297229

Looks like quite a bad scene there at Shiradi
Thanks ampere. Looks like I will postpone the trip. First option was to take a train but couldn't get tickets. Thanks once again! (In case I do make the trip, rest assured I will update about the conditions.)
Old 23rd November 2013, 17:33   #313
BHPian

We did the Kukke trip, after all! Here's a brief update:

Left Rainbow Drive, Sarjapur Rd., at 5.20am and took the Jail road and Nice Road to reach Tumkur Rd by 6.20. Was at Hassan by 8am with a 20 minute break for tea. All tolls are functional and the rates are 38/-, 38/-, 35/-, and 20/-. Traffic was thin and was able to maintain a constant speed of 110-120 right through. Except for a couple of kilometres before Hassan, four lane work is complete. The Hassan bypass is also complete and it was a breeze. We passed through Sakleshpur by 9.10 after a breakfast stop at Arya Bhavan 10 km before town.

And the fun started! The road gradually deteriorated and by the time Gundya approached, there were sections which looked straight off the moon's surface! Thankfully and with lot of patience, the City scraped only at two spots - because the road disappeared! Despite all that, we were at Kukke by 11am. (Gundya - Kukke was very good except for a couple of patches.)

Our idea was to come back to Sakleshpur and spend the night there, but a friend suggested trying the Madikeri route. Asked a couple of taxi guys and the response was the same: "Saar, any road in this area will be better than the Gundya - Sakleshpur stretch!"

So here I am at North Coorg Club

I shall share more details later tomorrow about our return journey with specific information... typed all this on my mobile!

Last edited by Jammy70 : 23rd November 2013 at 17:34.
Old 23rd November 2013, 17:49   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We did the Kukke trip, after all! Here's a brief update:

Left Rainbow Drive, Sarjapur Rd., at 5.20am and took the Jail road and Nice Road to reach Tumkur Rd by 6.20. Was at Hassan by 8am with a 20 minute break for tea. All tolls are functional and the rates are 38/-, 38/-, 35/-, and 20/-. Traffic was thin and was able to maintain a constant speed of 110-120 right through. Except for a couple of kilometres before Hassan, four lane work is complete. The Hassan bypass is also complete and it was a breeze. We passed through Sakleshpur by 9.10 after a breakfast stop at Arya Bhavan 10 km before town.

And the fun started! The road gradually deteriorated and by the time Gundya approached, there were sections which looked straight off the moon's surface! Thankfully and with lot of patience, the City scraped only at two spots - because the road disappeared! Despite all that, we were at Kukke by 11am. (Gundya - Kukke was very good except for a couple of patches.)

Our idea was to come back to Sakleshpur and spend the night there, but a friend suggested trying the Madikeri route. Asked a couple of taxi guys and the response was the same: "Saar, any road in this area will be better than the Gundya - Sakleshpur stretch!"

I shall share more details later tomorrow about our return journey with specific information... typed all this on my mobile!

To reach madikeri from Subramanya, you took the Subramanya -> Sulliya -> Madikeri route? How is the road condition?
Old 25th November 2013, 08:31   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dont tell me you took the Bisle ghats ! Or as Sagar said Sulya/Sampaje
Would like to know, if it was Bisle ghats, how was it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks