Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2022, 17:06   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Agree with the above two posts.

The Kukke temple authorities themselves are requesting pilgrims to not visit now. And the orange alert for the rains are there till tomorrow.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 01:21   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhi_22 View Post
Hi everyone

My. Uncles family is planning to go for kukke subramanya temple. Is it safe to go now?
Definitely not, rains still predicted till tomorrow and the temple is already flooded
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 06:38   #438
Team-BHP Support

News is already mentioning about the temple being flooded.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/93280318.cms

This is what I saw:

ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:58   #439
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
I am planning a trip to Kukke this weekend (27th - 28th August).
Is it advisable? Has the situation improved?

Is Bisle Ghat still the best option?

Kindly share your experience.
Old 18th September 2022, 21:03   #440
BHPian

Dear all,
I am planning for trip on first week Oct, with itinerary: Bengaluru -> Dharmasthala -> Kukke Subramanya -> Udupi.
Is it advisable to visit Dharmasthala first or Kukke first?
Which route is better now?
How is the current weather in these places?
Old 27th September 2022, 18:24   #441
BHPian

Drove down to Kukke this Sunday. Thanks to the info from Bangalore->Manglore thread, took the Hassan->Gorur->Arakalagud->Shanivarasanthe->Bisile Ghat->Kukke.

Smooth tarmac from BLR->Arakalagud. Minor potholes until Shanivarasanthe & excellent tarmac until Kukke. One additional toll has to be paid at Gorur. Fastag is accepted.

Also the traffic was non-existent and had a very peaceful drive to & from BLR. Highly recommend this route to anyone going to Kukke instead of the other routes.
car_addict is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 08:11   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
Drove down to Kukke this Sunday. Thanks to the info from Bangalore->Manglore thread, took the Hassan->Gorur->Arakalagud->Shanivarasanthe->Bisile Ghat->Kukke.

Smooth tarmac from BLR->Arakalagud. Minor potholes until Shanivarasanthe & excellent tarmac until Kukke. One additional toll has to be paid at Gorur. Fastag is accepted.

Also the traffic was non-existent and had a very peaceful drive to & from BLR. Highly recommend this route to anyone going to Kukke instead of the other routes.
Which route to take while returning to Bangalore from Udupi? Traveling today, starting by 12pm.
Old 27th December 2022, 08:07   #443

Please suggest best route from Bangalore to Kukke Subrahmanya and back.
Old 7th February 2023, 13:36   #444

We recently finished a trip to Subramanya and performed Ashlesha Bali for my sister. I did took the Bangalore > C.Patna > Arkalgud > Shanivarsanthe > Bisle > Subramanya route. I will break-up the sections and help you navigate the route.

Section - 1: Bangalore to C.Patna
As we all know, this is NH48 and is a very good road to drive almost all types of cars - Sedans, SUVs & MUVs. Except for 4 tolls costing setting you back by almost 200 bucks, this road is a pleasure to drive. There are some very good (I mean it) breakfast options on this road to name a few - Mayura, Dhruvathare, HalliMane etc., which will not disappoint anyone craving for South Indian breakfast.
Road condition: Excellent

Section - 2: C.Patna to Shanivarsanthe
This section is a state highway and hence single road which is wide enough for two cars to pass. The roads are good if not excellent and takes you through the hinterlands of villages bordering Coorg & Hassan districts. Nothing worth stopping-by unless one wants to visit Shravanabelagola's Jain temple which is a 30 mins drive. Tip: After Channarayapatna, take a right at Revanna Circle to go through a patch of quite, traffic-less, countryside road which will join at HN Pur. Any driving enthusiasts will not regret the slight detour.

Section - 3: Shanivarsanthe to Subramanya
This is the last section and takes about 90 minutes to cover and takes you through the beautiful Bisle Ghat. The road upto Vanagur Kudurasthe is wide enough to cruise at 80-90kmph but after this point the road gets narrow and reduces avge speed to 20kmph. One needs to be slow on this stretch as the road is very narrow. This is also the stretch where once the famed Lion Tailed Macaques called their home. Their numbers have dwindled oflate and are nearly endangered in this part. Whatever may be the road condition, one cannot expect to cruise at more than 20kmph on the last leg of about 30 kms because the road is so narrow.

Stay: We stayed at the The Aurum at Subramanya. The stay was very pleasant and the staff were very courteous. One of river Nethravathi's many tributaries River Kumaradhara is adjoining the property and once can get a beautiful view of the river from the hotel. The property is also home to Chestnut-headed Bee-eaters; Golden Oriole and many other Western-ghat species.

The ritual: Ashlesha Bali is performed at the temple by temple priests en-masse for a group of 100 devotees. The ritual lasts for almost 45 minutes. It is conducted on all days except Ekadasi. The cost is 400/- and once can buy the ticket at the counter on the day of pooja. Tickets are not issued in advance. Other rituals like Sarpa Samskara, Naga Pratishte are also performed and are more time consuing. One needs to plan with 3 leisure days excluding travel if planning Sarpa Samskara or Naga Pratishte.

Overall it took us 6hrs with a 30 mins breakfast/lunch break to * fro Subramanya in a sedan.
sea_eagle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 20:28   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_eagle View Post
We recently finished a trip to Subramanya and performed Ashlesha Bali for my sister. I did took the Bangalore > C.Patna > Arkalgud > Shanivarsanthe > Bisle > Subramanya route. I will break-up the sections and help you navigate the route.

Overall it took us 6hrs with a 30 mins breakfast/lunch break to * fro Subramanya in a sedan.
Did exactly the same route and hotel as sea_eagle today.
The route is a great mix of roads and absolutely enjoyable.
The Octy reported 5hr:36min of drive time starting from JP Nagar on a Saturday morning.
Name:  PXL_20230211_tokukke.png
Views: 844
Size:  352.2 KB
Old 6th March 2023, 05:40   #446
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have latest updates of the roads please? My regular route is via Arkalgud/Shanivarsanthe/Bisle.

I’m wondering if the Sakleshpur-Shiradi roads may have improved.

The new option that I now have is via Mysore-Sonwarpet-Bisle. This is more attractive given the Mysore Expressway.

Will appreciate inputs and thoughts please. Thanks.
Old 6th March 2023, 12:04   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Does anyone have latest updates of the roads please? My regular route is via Arkalgud/Shanivarsanthe/Bisle

Still this is the best option, roads between CR Patna to Arakalagud via HN Pura is a bit rough but still good to drive, would suggest this against the Mysore - Somawarpete option.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th March 2023 at 12:12.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:22   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have latest updates of the roads please? My regular route is via Arkalgud/Shanivarsanthe/Bisle.

I’m wondering if the Sakleshpur-Shiradi roads may have improved.

The new option that I now have is via Mysore-Sonwarpet-Bisle. This is more attractive given the Mysore Expressway.

I have travelled via Sakaleshapura, Shiradi Gundya route Saturady from Bengaluru, roads have been patched, mostly it has improved and those craters are gone except Donigal narrow strech, and two other turns.
Found it way better than in January.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:26   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your best bet for Kukke.

As of 2 weeks back, CR Patna Arkalgud Shanivarsanthe section remained patchy, including parts of Bisile ghat itself but would still remain a better choice over Shiradi in present condition.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 21:08   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
I have travelled via Sakaleshapura, Shiradi Gundya route Saturady from Bengaluru, roads have been patched, mostly it has improved and those craters are gone except Donigal narrow strech, and two other turns.
Found it way better than in January.
Cross posting the Shiradi Ghat Sakaleshpura to Kadumane section from March-04-2023.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5507415 (The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks