Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2020, 13:18   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Oops! The last thing you want before a trip is a breakdown. Hoping that you will be able to do this sooner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
@paragsachania - Given the mileage of your WagonR & Ertiga, have you faced Starter Motor problems in your cars?
Both my cars till date run on stock starter motor, alternator and AC compressor. Only belts have been changed regularly.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 12:54   #377
BHPian

Hello BHPians, any hotel recommendations for one night stay at Kukke? Elderly parents with us too. So proximity to the temple will also help.
Old 31st December 2020, 12:59   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Hello BHPians, any hotel recommendations for one night stay at Kukke? Elderly parents with us too. So proximity to the temple will also help.
As a family we have stayed at RNS One twice this year. Very decent hotel there.

The Restaurant mostly serves North Indian cuisine only. The rooms we picked were the ‘Deluxe’ variant. Large rooms. For one night, it’s a good one.

Edit: This hotel is at about 2-3 KM from the temple and with old parents that you have, it’ll be a task to walk it to the temple, unless you plan to drive from hotel to temple.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 31st December 2020 at 13:25. Reason: Added another line
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 13:05   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Stayed at V.Sadana lodge which is at a walk able distance from the temple.
The deluxe room where we stayed was pretty spacious and well kept. These rooms are in a new building inside the compound. Ample parking space as well.

Last edited by jeeva : 31st December 2020 at 13:07.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 20:17   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Stayed at V.Sadana lodge which is at a walk able distance from the temple.
Thanks jkrishnakj, jeeva. Suggestions helped.

Stayed at Vyasa Mandir. Hotel was decent. Comfortable for a one night stay.
OrangeCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 23:46   #381
Senior - BHPian

An off topic query here.
Is there a good place to enjoy delicious Neer Dosa enroute to Kukke from Bangalore? As a family we just love those and somehow never found any place enroute that serves them.
Old 4th January 2021, 06:10   #382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

The Restaurant mostly serves North Indian cuisine only. The rooms we picked were the ‘Deluxe’ variant. Large rooms. For one night, it’s a good one.

Edit: This hotel is at about 2-3 KM from the temple and with old parents that you have, it’ll be a task to walk it to the temple, unless you plan to drive from hotel to temple.
I was curious on this hotel and checked. Location seems to be the same as Hotel Vijay comforts. Did Vijay close down or was taken over by RNS? Or these two are two are two separate hotels?

Last edited by ampere : 4th January 2021 at 09:43.
Old 4th January 2021, 08:15   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was curious on ths hotel and checked. Location seems to be the same as Hotel Vijay comforts. Did Vijay close down or was taken over by RNS? Or these two are two are two separate hotels?
You’re right Ampere. Used to be Vijay Comforts prior. Recently (maybe 12-13 months I guess) taken over by RNS. 3 months back, they were doing some heavy renovations to its exterior.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 00:17   #384
BHPian

Planning for a Night Travel to Kukke from Bangalore tomorrow. Any suggestions? Are the roads good and any precautions required?
Old 12th February 2021, 10:23   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Planning for a Night Travel to Kukke from Bangalore tomorrow. Any suggestions? Are the roads good and any precautions required?
Travelled on this route (through Sakleshpur / Gundia) beginning Jan this year and the roads throughout were in a very good condition including the stretch between Sakleshpur and the turn off to Kukke (Gundia) with the concrete roads. Should still be good since there were no rains in the area after Jan.
kannan666 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 13:35   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
The only thing you need to watch out for is the stretch between Hassan - Sakaleshpur as there is some WIP section that has some deviations. Apart from that except for the uneven surface between Sakaleshpur - Donigal, you have nothing to worry about, it should be smooth as butter.
Old 8th March 2021, 14:19   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
The only thing you need to watch out for is the stretch between Hassan - Sakaleshpur as there is some WIP section that has some deviations. Apart from that except for the uneven surface between Sakaleshpur - Donigal, you have nothing to worry about, it should be smooth as butter.
Hi DragonHawk, for traveling to Dharmastala from Bangalore, would you suggest the Hassan-Sakleshpur-Gundya route, or the Belur-Mudigere-Charmady route ?

Google seems to suggest the Charmady route, so I wasn't sure which one to take. Am planning a trip this week to Dharmastala, Kukke, Udupi, Kollur and Murudeswar (in that order).

Planning to visit Dharmastala and Kukke on day 1 and stay at Kukke. Udupi and Kollur on Day 2 with stay at Murudeshwar. Then return back to Bangalore after a day at Murudeswar. Any suggestions are appreciated .
Old 8th March 2021, 16:02   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Hi DragonHawk, for traveling to Dharmastala from Bangalore, would you suggest the Hassan-Sakleshpur-Gundya route, or the Belur-Mudigere-Charmady route ?

Google seems to suggest the Charmady route, so I wasn't sure which one to take. Am planning a trip this week to Dharmastala, Kukke, Udupi, Kollur and Murudeswar (in that order).

Planning to visit Dharmastala and Kukke on day 1 and stay at Kukke. Udupi and Kollur on Day 2 with stay at Murudeshwar. Then return back to Bangalore after a day at Murudeswar. Any suggestions are appreciated .
I am sure you too have a reason (like most do due to religious beliefs and protocols) to ensure you do Dharmasthala first followed by Kukke.

Route via Charmadi as of today is in pristine condition. You can refer to my recent update here.

In fact, due to the road conditions between Hassan to Gundya and the better conditions between Mudigere to Ujire, you are likely to reach Dharmasthala faster via Charmadi.

However, Shiradi isn't that bad that you should not consider it. It is just that the road is patchy in few sections. Charmadi is butter smooth all throughout.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 16:19   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am sure you too have a reason (like most do due to religious beliefs and protocols) to ensure you do Dharmasthala first followed by Kukke.

Route via Charmadi as of today is in pristine condition. You can refer to my recent update here.
Thank you for the information. I did check your post earlier and it had a lot of information, so thank you for that .

There is no particular reason to visit Dharmastala first. I just searched for hotels in Dharmastala and Kukke and thought that the hotel in Kukke looked better, so planned to stay the night there. If there are better hotels in Dharmastala, I could probably plan it the other way round. I think starting from Dharmastala on Day 2 would probably shorten the drive to Udupi a bit.

Any suggestions for good places to stay in Dharmastala? Luckily, I haven't done the payment for the hotel in Kukke yet, so I can change it still. Also, do I need to make any special preparations for the car? I will be driving a 3.5 yr old Skoda Rapid DSG with around 40K kms on the Odo. The tyres are still pretty good and the brake pads have been replaced recently.

Last edited by Newpunter : 8th March 2021 at 16:23. Reason: Added more details
Old 8th March 2021, 16:51   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
There is no particular reason to visit Dharmastala first.
Many I know have follow a protocol that they must visit the father (Lord Manjunatha) first followed by son (Lord Subbramanya) and hence you would see that pilgrim circuits to this side ends with Kukke.

Quote:
I just searched for hotels in Dharmastala and Kukke and thought that the hotel in Kukke looked better, so planned to stay the night there.
This is true. Kukke has better places than Dharmasthala. Dharmasthala still has the usual best trust managed Guest homes.

Quote:
If there are better hotels in Dharmastala, I could probably plan it the other way round.
You can visit this site and make a booking of your choice. In general, all of the guest houses managed by the SDM Trust are extremely well managed and clean.

Quote:
I think starting from Dharmastala on Day 2 would probably shorten the drive to Udupi a bit.
Indeed, by about an hour at max.

Quote:
Also, do I need to make any special preparations for the car? I will be driving a 3.5 yr old Skoda Rapid DSG with around 40K kms on the Odo. The tyres are still pretty good and the brake pads have been replaced recently.
Nothing specific at all. There are speedbreakers at multiple locations starting from Nelemangala all the way till Hassan and Sakleshpur too. So be aware of this since they might take you by surprise.

Same is the case if you take Hassan - Belur road, lot of speedbreakers at regular intervals. But post Belur, the speedbreakers are zero except for a set between Belur and Mudigere.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks