Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 12:41   #346
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
After Sullia, you get a right turn towards Kukke Subramanya, it's around 39Kms from this turn to Kukke Subramanya.

The roads are in good condition all the way from Bangalore till Kukke.
Thanks for the confirmation.

So the route will be:

Bangalore --- Mysore --- Madikeri --- Sullia--- Guthigaru---- Kukke
Old 18th June 2015, 12:50   #347
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
So the route will be:

Bangalore --- Mysore --- Madikeri --- Sullia--- Guthigaru---- Kukke
Hope you're starting early from Bangalore since you're taking Mysore Road.

If not do consider going via Nelamangala-Channrayapatna-Arkalgud-Holenarasipura-Shanivarasanthe-Somwarpet-Madikeri-Sampaje-Sullia-Kukke.
Good twisties and fun to drive route with lesser traffic.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 13:09   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Hope you're starting early from Bangalore since you're taking Mysore Road.

If not do consider going via Nelamangala-Channrayapatna-Arkalgud-Holenarasipura-Shanivarasanthe-Somwarpet-Madikeri-Sampaje-Sullia-Kukke.
Good twisties and fun to drive route with lesser traffic.
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a good alternative. Will keep that in mind.

Will this be a longer route than the one suggested earlier?
flyingkolors is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 20:46   #349

Thanks for the route info. I had been to Subramanya from Bangalore last weekend. Took some route mentioned above Nelamangala-Channrayapatna-Arkalgud-Holenarasipura-Shanivarasanthe-Madikeri-Sampaje-Sullia-Kukke , Very scenic and good road.

While coming I had to go to Sakleshpur very near to end of Shiradi Ghat. So we made a request and took Shiradi Ghat . Road is good, but lot of mud on road probably they will clear it. It was supposed to be open for public from 26th July.
Old 14th September 2015, 09:53   #350
BHPian

Quote:
I think the plan is to open after 6 months sometime June/July but then you never know if it will get delayed
See this thread for more updates - here

Just made the trip last weekend the road has been repaired and no problem travelling even in a low sedan like the BMW 5er. Found the Mayura restaurant near the BGS college institutions refreshingly good and clean with excellent service.
Old 29th September 2015, 18:36   #351
knp
BHPian

Friends, i had posted this in other thread, but as this is more specific to bangalore - kukke, I'm posting to get more inputs.
We are 7 people with parents and 3 years kid are planning a trip to Kukke on Oct 2nd long week. Plan is to start on Friday morning and return by Sunday with chauffeur driven innova. We wanted to visit Dharmastala, Sringeri, Horanadu (optional) then Kukke. Request your valuable inputs on the route and better accommodation details.
Old 9th June 2016, 19:52   #352
BHPian

Did a Bangalore-Kukke round trip. Started yesterday morning at around 7 AM from North Bangalore. Took the Hassan, Sakleshpur, Gundya route. Bangalore to Hassan stretch was good. Had a break at Adyar Ananda Bhavan in Udaypura. Consistent offering as always. Hassan to Sakleshpur was two lane, scenic and occasionally patchy. Sakleshpur to Gundya ghat section was not bad as feared. Encountered lot of truck traffic but nothing to drastically reduce your travel time. I took it easy as the rear occupants were experiencing motion sickness. Gundya to Kukke was simply out of the world. Slightly rain drenched roads, thick foliage on both sides of the road and almost no other vehicles made it a very pleasant drive. Reached Kukke at around 1 pm.
Stayed at Seshnag Ashraya (based on an input by another member in one of the posts) and it turned out to be an excellent value for money place. Spacious and neat rooms and pretty close to the temple.
Decent food options are quite limited though in the place surrounding the temple.
Had a relaxed start today morning at around 830 AM. It was drizzling and the Kukke - Gundya stretch was magical. Sakleshpur - Hassan was good as well. Then it was the pretty boring straight highway stretch all the way till Nelamangala. Reached home by around 2 pm.
ZedMae is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 07:52   #353
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Hello all, I searched for latest update in the group for below route but all updates are from last year.
Can anyone please provide recent inputs/status on below route?
Kukke-> Bisile ghat> shanivara santhe>Hole narasipur>Channarayapatna> Yediyur> Nelamangala > Bengaluru. Particularly about Bisile ghat stretch. Travel would be during mid of March.
We are 4-5 traveling on motorcycles.
Thanks everyone in advance! 🙏
Old 21st February 2017, 09:16   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Kukke-> Bisile ghat> shanivara santhe>Hole narasipur>Channarayapatna> Yediyur> Nelamangala > Bengaluru. Particularly about Bisile ghat stretch. Travel would be during mid of March.
We are 4-5 traveling on motorcycles.
Thanks everyone in advance! ��
From what I heard, Bisle Ghat is still closed for repairs. Last year during March I did a mistake of venturing out in this stretch, only to find concrete laying work in progress. Repair work usually will be stopped during monsoon and that is the reason you will see some update from people taking this stretch. I read a post in HVK about this route during last monsoon and they had posted the dash cam video as well. Looking at that I can vouch, work will be still in progress. Not to forget our ever sensitive google maps doesn`t even list this route to reach Kukke. Even if you want to take chances then you can visit Bisle view spot and on the way you can check with the locals and take a call.
Old 27th May 2017, 22:04   #355

Hi Folks,

I will be doing Bangalore to Kukke Subramanya on 4th June.

I need some valuable suggestions for the route. Preferable something scenic.

If anyone has recently done this trip then please share your experience.

How is Bisle Ghat section these days? I have heard that it is beautiful but the roads are in bad condition. A few even said that there are no roads at all. We will be taking two sedans. The ground clearance of both the cars is average.

Thanks,
Old 28th May 2017, 00:56   #356
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem.connect View Post
I need some valuable suggestions for the route. Preferable something scenic.
You can do Bangalore-Hassan-Sakleshpur-Shiradi ghat-Gundya-Kukke and return via Kukke-Jalsoor-Sullia-Sampaje ghat-Madikeri-Somwarpet-Shanivarasanthe-Arkalgud-Holenarasipura-Channarayapatna-Bangalore.

This way you get best of both worlds - 4 laned roads for onward journey and twisties, estates, greenery, windmills on the return route. Roads in good condition too, but expect rains too

Quote:
How is Bisle Ghat section these days?
Don't attempt with sedans, you need a much tougher off-roader for that. Last I heard, the road is closed beyond a certain point. Check if you can go upto Bisle view point if possible, that may be worth it. A friend did that in his Indica 3-4 years ago, not sure if that'd be possible now.

Last edited by NPV : 28th May 2017 at 00:59.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 09:35   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem.connect View Post
How is Bisle Ghat section these days? I have heard that it is beautiful but the roads are in bad condition. A few even said that there are no roads at all. We will be taking two sedans. The ground clearance of both the cars is average.
Would not recommend Bisle in low GC as road construction is still in progress and if it has rained in the area over the last week, most of it will be slush & mud. As suggested by NPV, you could return via Sampaje and take Madikeri - Somwarpet route. If you have time on your hand, you could even drive back via Madikeri - Somwarpet - Hetur - Sakleshpur - Bangalore and stop at the rolling grasslands just after Hethur.

Pic from last year July
Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries-g1.jpg

Quote:
Kukke-Jalsoor-Sullia-Sampaje ghat-Madikeri-Somwarpet-Shanivarasanthe-Arkalgud-Holenarasipura-Channarayapatna-Bangalore.
Recent video with road conditions between Bisle - Vanagoor
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 18:10   #358

Quote:
You can do Bangalore-Hassan-Sakleshpur-Shiradi ghat-Gundya-Kukke and return via Kukke-Jalsoor-Sullia-Sampaje ghat-Madikeri-Somwarpet-Shanivarasanthe-Arkalgud-Holenarasipura-Channarayapatna-Bangalore.
Thanks a lot, sir! Your suggestion looks very informative. I will take the scenic route that you mentioned while going: Bangalore-Crpatna-Arkalgud-somwarpet-madikeri-sampaje ghat-sullia-Jalsoor-Kukke. While travelling back to Bangalore we are coming back after visiting Dharmastahala, we might be exhausted after an eventful trip so I think Dharmasthala - Sakleshpur - Hassan - Bangalore looks a lot more easier.

Any more suggestions? Any recommended pit stops on the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Would not recommend Bisle in low GC as road construction is still in progress and if it has rained in the area over the last week, most of it will be slush & mud. As suggested by NPV, you could return via Sampaje and take Madikeri - Somwarpet route. If you have time on your hand, you could even drive back via Madikeri - Somwarpet - Hetur - Sakleshpur - Bangalore and stop at the rolling grasslands just after Hethur.

Wow! The picture and the video looks alluring! I will try to cover the grasslands after Hethur while I cross Somwarpet. I will love to visit Bisle ghat, but perhaps have to plan it at a better time in future.

Thanks for inputs

Last edited by ampere : 28th May 2017 at 23:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:45   #359
BHPian

Bisle ghat road construction has made some good progress. Saturday I had been Mallalli falls and end up driving all the way to Subramanya via Bisle ghat. Road till Bisle view point is fully tarred and only 4-5kms of concrete laying is still pending. Now due to monsoon, road work has been stopped and during my journey I could see many vehicles taking this route to and fro Subramanya.

Before they start the work again, one can explore this stretch. However cars with low GC may face problem with boulders so drive carefully.

More info here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4227626

Last edited by DragonHawk : 3rd July 2017 at 15:46.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 14:51   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear BHPians, Need your suggestion. I am planning to drive to Kukke Subramanya from Bangalore this weekend using the Mangalore highway route, Please suggest a few places that can be visited on the way.

Many thanks in advance.

Most Viewed