Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2022, 06:15   #421
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Yes, Bisile ghat is the best option to Kukke.
Thank you all for your valuable advice. Bisle ghat was great with minimal traffic. Drove this route for the first time and has been a very pleasant experience. The Bisle ghat view was an added bonus and the ladies in my family would have clicked a thousand photos there.

Starting now to Dharmasthala and will drive back to Bangalore through the Charmadi ghats. Thanks again folks for the right guidance. No maps in the world will give this kind of guidance including road condition.
gopikb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 08:44   #422
Team-BHP Support

Great to see Bisle coming alive. It has been years since the guidance was never to take Bisle because of its condition. I also hope this road is not taken over by heavier vehicles. I am sure it may not be built for them.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 19:51   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Great to see Bisle coming alive. It has been years since the guidance was never to take Bisle because of its condition. I also hope this road is not taken over by heavier vehicles. I am sure it may not be built for them.
Ampere, thats right. I did not see even one bus or lorry in Bisle ghats road throughout the time I drove them. There was only LMVs. The roads on the mountain is concreted in most places and the width is wide enough for two LMVs to pass through without the need to get off the shoulder. One important thing to note is that after the concrete ends on each side of the road, I saw that many places there was no mud filling to the level of concrete. Some locations have steep 3 ~5 inch drop after the concreted surface enough to topple or give a jolt to the driver and vehicle if he gets off the road for any reason. I would not recommend driving this route through in the night. Daylight is very good. But driver cannot be slack while driving this section.

Drove back home though the Charmadi ghats and the condition is very good now. Big thumbs up to all the BHPians who are contributing to help people drive safely in this important connect between the west coast and karnataka capital city.

Last edited by gopikb : 6th March 2022 at 19:56.
gopikb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:32   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I would not recommend driving this route through in the night. Daylight is very good. But driver cannot be slack while driving this section
Probably I am one of the very few bhpians to have driven on Bisile ghat during night with a Skoda Rapid in 2014. There were no roads nor vehicles on that day. That post is available on this thread somewhere.
Old 7th March 2022, 11:59   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I also hope this road is not taken over by heavier vehicles. I am sure it may not be built for them.
Quote:
Ampere, thats right. I did not see even one bus or lorry in Bisle ghats road throughout the time I drove them. There was only LMVs.
Few full-sized KSRTC buses ply on this route. I believe 2-3 trips to Bangalore and 1 trip to Mysore from Kukke Subramanya. They are kind enough to slow down and allow the cars stuck behind them to pass at certain places where the roads are wide. I have witnessed this couple of times. I don't think the forest department check post at the top allows any full sized trucks to ply on this ghat.

The downside of this route becoming famous is that the garbage (plastics, alcohol bottles) can now be found all over the place, almost in every turn. This was not the case before when the road conditions were bad.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 7th March 2022 at 12:05.
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 13:29   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
The downside of this route becoming famous is that the garbage (plastics, alcohol bottles) can now be found all over the place, almost in every turn. This was not the case before when the road conditions were bad.
Recently the road was in news because of plastic waste dumped by devotees during Padayatra to Dharmasthala and Kukke.The forest officials later cleaned up the plastic waste.
Attached Images

Last edited by deehunk : 7th March 2022 at 13:33.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 13:57   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ampere, thats right. I did not see even one bus or lorry in Bisle ghats road throughout the time I drove them. There was only LMVs. The roads on the mountain is concreted in most places and the width is wide enough for two LMVs to pass through without the need to get off the shoulder. One important thing to note is that after the concrete ends on each side of the road, I saw that many places there was no mud filling to the level of concrete. Some locations have steep 3 ~5 inch drop after the concreted surface enough to topple or give a jolt to the driver and vehicle if he gets off the road for any reason. I would not recommend driving this route through in the night. Daylight is very good. But driver cannot be slack while driving this section.
Thanks for the heads up. Planning this route. Was this the road you had taken?
Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries-screenshot-20220524-135631.jpg
Old 24th May 2022, 16:13   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Planning this route. Was this the road you had taken?
Yes. That is exactly the route I took for my onward drive. Excellent road all the way except for a small section between Shanivarshanthe and Bisle ghat entry. The ghat section is very good. Take care of the corner of the roads in the ghat section as they end abruptly with no sand filling to match the height of the road. Night time travel on this road is not advisable. Roads are wide enough for two LMV to pass each other comfortably.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 21:56   #429
Senior - BHPian

Is Bisle ghat still the best route to Kukke ? Google maps also shows the same but my friend took Shiradi ghat in March and the road condition was good so he recommended I take Shiradi
Old 12th July 2022, 21:07   #430
BHPian

Dear friends, i am planning a trip for weekend 23/24 to kukke. Which route will be recommend given the heavy rains recently? Google is recommending bisle ghat route. I had gone on this route 3 weeks ago when visiting sakleshpur. I had gone specifically for the bisle ghat view point.

The route was scenic. Will it be recommended still?
Old 12th July 2022, 22:48   #431
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I went to Kukke 3 days ago and took the Bisle ghat. Please go for it. It’s as good as it always was.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 22:49   #432
HTC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Dear friends, i am planning a trip for weekend 23/24 to kukke. Which route will be recommend given the heavy rains recently?

The route was scenic. Will it be recommended still?
Go via Bisile ghat and return via Charmudy ghat. Both are scenic and roads are good. Avoid Shiradi ghat for sure.
HTC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 09:29   #433

Hi everyone

My. Uncles family is planning to go for kukke subramanya temple. Is it safe to go now?
Old 6th August 2022, 10:54   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhi_22 View Post
Hi everyone

My. Uncles family is planning to go for kukke subramanya temple. Is it safe to go now?
Don't. There is lot of rains and flooding around the temple area and most bridges around the region are at danger level. Received a few videos on WA on the flooding near the temple, not sure of it's authenticity. But if you can postpone the travel, please do.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 12:37   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhi_22 View Post
Hi everyone

Absolutely not. Please avoid all travels until weather improves and rains reduce and water levels recede.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks