Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 20:32   #151
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
I heard that it is good via Sulya and road has been repaired. Can anyone confirm?

I would have suggested Subramanya - Bisle - Shanivarasanthe - Madikeri route if you had a SUV. That would have been awesome drive

Not sure what do you mean by a fantastic drive.

I am Planning to visit Kukke this month for a Puja with my family with two kids onboard. Would you suggest taking this route via shanivarsanthe.

- How bad is the road?
- Is it too narrow?
- Is it worth taking it. I am fine to take a reasonable bad road as long as its scenic and has low traffic.

Last edited by recker_us : 13th February 2012 at 20:35. Reason: .
Old 13th February 2012, 20:52   #152
Team-BHP Support

Bisle is a ghat road that is never repaired. They might dump a little mud into the pothole, but that is it.

It is very scenic, but very bad and very narrow. Bisle photos from 2009 can be seen here, it has not been fixed since, they never do.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...ml#post1475011 (Monsoon Offroading/Trail-driving in Sakleshpur and Bisle Ghat)

If you want to do it, try it in monsoon. In the dry season, it is dusty and not so pretty.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 20:59   #153
BHPian

Did Bangalore-Dharmastala-Kuke on 26th Jan 2012. Roads are pretty good and ghats section is OK. started from BLR around 7AM and reached Dharmastala around 1PM had the darsan and stayed there. Next day visited Kuke and started around 10AM from Kuke and reached BLR around 3 PM. Took the route BLR-Hassan-Shiradi ghats-Dharmastala.

From Neelamangala to another 100 KM , it is 4 laned and the dirve was a breeze and I touched high speeds on my 1.3 Ikon.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st April 2012 at 22:23. Reason: removing reference to very high speeds on public roads
Old 14th February 2012, 10:59   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post

I am Planning to visit Kukke this month for a Puja with my family with two kids onboard. Would you suggest taking this route via shanivarsanthe.

- How bad is the road?
- Is it too narrow?
- Is it worth taking it. I am fine to take a reasonable bad road as long as its scenic and has low traffic.
Recker_us,

Look at posts by Samurai and Shalini below.

I presume that you are planning trip to Kukke from Bangalore. Then, just go by Bangalore - Mangalore highway - NH 48 - and take deviation aftre Shiradi. Good signages are there.

As Samurai rightly mentions, Bisle is good during monsoons or immediately after it.
Fauji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 13:02   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post

- How bad is the road?
- Is it too narrow?
- How bad is the road?
- Is it too narrow?
- Is it worth taking it. I am fine to take a reasonable bad road as long as its scenic and has low traffic

Except the ghat stretch (of appx 20km) rest of the road is very good. I did the ghat in a swift and my back is intact..so I would say its not verybad. Its not narrow either, only bumpy. And there isn't too much traffic. I suggest you take it because the scenary more than makes up for the bumpy road.

Have a GREAT trip
sivavikram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 13:09   #156
BHPian

Am planning for a Kukke & DSL trip in the near future. Want to know the condition of the road from Kukke to DSL via Kadaba & Ejilampady (as per GM).

Did any bhpian drove in the above stretch recently? How is the condition? Or do you think, it would be safe to come back to Gundya cross and take the NH and proceed to DSL.

Will be driving a Wagon-R and with elders and kid on board.
Old 1st April 2012, 21:55   #157
Senior - BHPian

need recommendations for decent hotel near the temple , already tries slr residency it is full any other decent clean hotels names please??
Old 1st April 2012, 22:50   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
need recommendations for decent hotel near the temple , already tries slr residency it is full any other decent clean hotels names please??
Try Sheshanag Ashraya (08257 - 281215). I always stay there, big rooms, ample car park, walking distance to hotel. No restaurant though, but its not a big deal. It boasts of having hosted Bollywood stars and Tendulkar!.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:39   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Try Sheshanag Ashraya (08257 - 281215). I always stay there, big rooms, ample car park, walking distance to hotel. No restaurant though, but its not a big deal. It boasts of having hosted Bollywood stars and Tendulkar!.

Prasad
i tried it thats also booked looks like lot of rush due to long weekend, any other suggestions?
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:26   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
i tried it thats also booked looks like lot of rush due to long weekend, any other suggestions?
If you cannot get acco in Kukke, alternatively you can try for hotels either in Dharmasthala or Sakleshpur. You can halt for the night at Sakleshpur & drive down to Kukke in the morning.

Some tel nos of lodges/Hotels in Kukke: Got it from the Web, so not sure about the phone nos.

Mayura Residency - 08257-281336
Anugraha Lodge - 08257-281283
Ashlesha Guest House - 08257-281224
Suraksha Lodge - 08257-281306

I have never stayed/seen the above places and cannot vouch for the rooms/services.

Trust the above is of some help to you.
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 20:38   #161
BHPian

Which route is better - Via Hassan or Via Shravanabelagola to Kukke from Bangalore
Old 13th April 2012, 08:36   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras View Post
Which route is better - Via Hassan or Via Shravanabelagola to Kukke from Bangalore
the route via hassan - sakleshpur is better it would take about 5-6 hours
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 10:50   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras View Post
I think you are the first person ever to ask about the Shravanabelagola route to Kukke. I never even knew that people took (or even considered) this route to reach Kukke. From Shravanabelagola what route were you planning to take to reach Kukke?

That said, Hassan-Sakleshpur-Gundya-Kukke is the best route.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 11:01   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post

That said, Hassan-Sakleshpur-Gundya-Kukke is the best route.
Adi, Any update on the latest road conditions for the above route indicated by you? I am driving there on the April 21st weekend. Also, when driving from RR Nagar, is it better to take Magadi road and connect at Kunigal or is it better to go via Tumkur road? The last time I drove you had asked me to take the Magadi road to avoid Nelmangala traffic mess. That was 2 years ago. I guess road conditions has improved since then. I know you are a regular on that route. Hence looking for advice

Last edited by gopikb : 13th April 2012 at 11:05.
Old 13th April 2012, 11:27   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Adi, Any update on the latest road conditions for the above route indicated by you? I am driving there on the April 21st weekend. Also, when driving from RR Nagar, is it better to take Magadi road and connect at Kunigal or is it better to go via Tumkur road? The last time I drove you had asked me to take the Magadi road to avoid Nelmangala traffic mess. That was 2 years ago. I guess road conditions has improved since then. I know you are a regular on that route. Hence looking for advice
I can safely say that the road is good till Sakleshpur. I have not traveled beyond Sakleshpur in recent times. But, I have heard that Shiradi ghat is in good shape. My dad travels to Mangalore almost twice a week and he says it is good. In the other thread, you can see that fellow members have updated the status.

Driving from RR Nagar, the best route is to go via Nayandanahalli-Ring Road-Tumkur road. The road is in great shape and you can reach Tumkur road in pretty good time. You may face some traffic near Goraguntepalya signal though.

At one point of time, going via Magadi was the best option as it was in good shape and the Nelamangala route was in bad condition. Now, the Nelamangala toll road is beautiful and you get 4 lane roads till Bellur Cross. Road widening is going on between Bellur Cross and Hassan and will have diversions. The road is good even in the road-widening areas.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks