Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Kukke Subramanya : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Consider this route:

Chikmagalur-Belur - Fine
Belur- Sakleshpura - Don't know the state of road
Sakleshpura-Gundya-Subramanya - Fine.
Last time when I took the Belur-Sakleshpura , till Arehally the road was rough, bumpy sometimes potholes too. But shouldn't be much of a problem when you are taking this road in a MAJOR.

@Rajith, I would suggest you to take this route instead,
CKM-Mudigere-Kottigehara-Charmadi-Ujire-Dharmasthala-Gundya-Kukke.
Route is good all the way from CKM-Kukke. This is THE BEST time to take this route.
Total KMS ~150kms.
Old 11th July 2011, 11:29   #139
BANNED

Friends,

We left bangalore on 8th June, 2.30Pm thru Tumkur-Arsikere-Banwara-Sakarepattna-Chickmaglur-reached by 8PM - Road quality was average.

After completing a diappointed MGE , we left to sakleshpur on 9th June by 3pm, reached 4.30pm - stayed at hotel harshita.

Left sakleshpur by 4.30Am , climbed down shiradi and reached Kukke by 5.30Am.(Road is below average)

Dharshan was fantastic and left kukke by 10am via hassan,kunigal and reached bangalore by 3pm. Road is good from sakleshpur to Bangalore
Old 10th October 2011, 22:52   #140
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to do B'lore - Kukke Temple trip this month end. Has anyone made a similar trip recently? If yes, which is the best route?

Also, I have come across this Hotel/lodge called "KRS NANDANAVANA". Has anyone stayed/heard abt it?
Old 22nd October 2011, 21:32   #141
BHPian

We are in Kukke Subramanya today after visiting dharmasatala . The road from bangalore to Hassan and sakleshpura is a breeze. Almost till Chan rayapatna , we have 4 line high way getting ready for a toll based high way. Problem starts after shiradi ghats starts . Road till gundiya gate is in pretty bad shape . The 30 kms of that section with atleast 15 hair pin curves gone for a toss . The situation is such that even the internal road connecting to Dharmastala and Kukke have gone for a toss . Will send pictures shortly . Thanks to team bhp for the iPhone app. We are able to read and respond to threads while on the move .
Old 24th October 2011, 09:41   #142
BHPian

While comming back some one in the temple refered to the Mysore Madikeri route to be better . We opted for this route from Kukke and had the following observations
  • Kukke to Madikeri route is a single route for almost 34 Kms .
  • Only one vehicle can pass at a time .
  • Road is being laid near Madikeri and made a 2 way road
  • Complete Ghat section with hear bend curves .
  • Once we reach Madikeri , reaching Mysore through Kushalnagar is a breeze .
  • Once u hit Mysore , then the pain starts
  • If u are coming back on a Sunday evening , its bumper to bumper traffic
  • So in all probability whoever wants to go to Kukke or Dharmastala , the best option is to go through Sakleshpura route only
  • Leaving out the first 20Kms connecting Gundiya Gate or Dharmastala state road of 20 Kms , and 30 Kms to Saklesphura , the Sakleshpur- Hassan Bangalore route looks to be better .

Last edited by Ranga : 24th October 2011 at 09:43.
Old 17th November 2011, 12:40   #143
BHPian

Have done the trip last week. We took the NH48 (via saklespur).

The road is pretty good until Maranhalli from where the Ghat section starts. From here it progressively deteriorates for almost 25 Kms until Gundya where you take a diversion to Subramanya.

The road is so bad that it took us almost 1.5 hrs to complete that 25Km section.

After Gundya the road is alright until sub ramanya.

P.S. Dont do the trip at night.
sivavikram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 13:58   #144

Hello , i am planning Bangalore to Kukke Subramanya trip in the month of December or January . I will be the only driver for the entire trip . Any thoughts or suggestions
Old 29th November 2011, 14:47   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweekrith View Post
Hello , i am planning Bangalore to Kukke Subramanya trip in the month of December or January . I will be the only driver for the entire trip . Any thoughts or suggestions
Its about 280+ kms and can be done (easily) by a single driver. The only hassle would be the Shiradi Ghats which is bad shape and you need to drive carefully. Its recommended not to drive in the ghats after sunset. There are lot of eateries along the way, decent accommodation at Kukke, still a bit of greenery left in Dec/Jan - so, just for it.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 19:27   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweekrith View Post
I went almost 1 year back and i took this route.

Bangalore - Mysore – Kushalnagar – Madikeri – Sampaje – Puttur – Subramanya.

After some point between Kushalnagar and Medikeri i guess the bad roads started, i mean really bad roads. If you plan your trip please do not depend on any hotels after kushalnagar. Personally, i would not consider this route if i wanted to enjoy my weekend drive. Horrible traffic till Mysore and bad roads around Madikeri.
Old 4th December 2011, 09:44   #147
BHPian

How is the road condition between Subramanya and Madikeri. Even though it is single lane how is it in terms of road surface. Is it doable in a low GC car like Esteem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
While comming back some one in the temple refered to the Mysore Madikeri route to be better . We opted for this route from Kukke and had the following observations
  • Kukke to Madikeri route is a single route for almost 34 Kms .
  • Only one vehicle can pass at a time .
  • Road is being laid near Madikeri and made a 2 way road
  • Complete Ghat section with hear bend curves .
  • Once we reach Madikeri , reaching Mysore through Kushalnagar is a breeze .
  • Once u hit Mysore , then the pain starts
  • If u are coming back on a Sunday evening , its bumper to bumper traffic
  • So in all probability whoever wants to go to Kukke or Dharmastala , the best option is to go through Sakleshpura route only
  • Leaving out the first 20Kms connecting Gundiya Gate or Dharmastala state road of 20 Kms , and 30 Kms to Saklesphura , the Sakleshpur- Hassan Bangalore route looks to be better .
Old 5th December 2011, 10:53   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
How is the road condition between Subramanya and Madikeri. Even though it is single lane how is it in terms of road surface. Is it doable in a low GC car like Esteem.
I heard that it is good via Sulya and road has been repaired. Can anyone confirm?

I would have suggested Subramanya - Bisle - Shanivarasanthe - Madikeri route if you had a SUV. That would have been awesome drive
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 18:05   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
I heard that it is good via Sulya and road has been repaired. Can anyone confirm?

I would have suggested Subramanya - Bisle - Shanivarasanthe - Madikeri route if you had a SUV. That would have been awesome drive

Got updates from another bhpian who has a localite there that the best road would be Madikeri - Sampaje - Aranthodu - Subramanya - Kadaba - Uppinangadi. This road is narrow in places but would be avoiding the Shiradi mess completely. The stretch between Sampaje and Sulia is bad and after that the works are in progress.

Yes, i would have taken Bisle if i had the Gypsy
Old 5th December 2011, 23:12   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
This road is better for cars like Esteem . If u plan to come via Sakleshpura , Esteem chassis will be toast for sure ( not suggested for low base cars )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks