Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2016, 11:22   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks for the update Suresh

Even I will be travelling to Tirupati on Nov 26th, couple of questions for you

1. I have to get my 10 month old son tonsured, can you please send me the exact location of this place and is there any time-frame to get this done?

2. I have booked accommodation at Srinivasam in Tirupati and have booked special darshan for 12PM, so if I go around 10 to Tirumala, is 2 hrs sufficient to get my son tonsured and enter the special darshan queue.
Since my accomodation was in Vyasaraja Mutt in Tirumala, the nearest place for tonsure was the Varahaswamy guest house. I reached the Mutt by 12 45 PM and within 1/2 an hour, i got both my sons tonsured. They took bath in hot water in the same place itself. Even though tonsure is free, the barbers generally expect some amount. I paid rs 50 for both my sons.
Since your darshan time is 12 PM, I would say you can be in the queue by 10 30 AM Max. I would suggest you to come to Tirumala by 9 30 AM so that you can complete the tonsure and have some tiffin before entering the queue.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 12:16   #947
BHPian

Quote:

1. I have to get my 10 month old son tonsured, can you please send me the exact location of this place and is there any time-frame to get this done?

2. I have booked accommodation at Srinivasam in Tirupati and have booked special darshan for 12PM, so if I go around 10 to Tirumala, is 2 hrs sufficient to get my son tonsured and enter the special darshan queue.
SriVarahaswamy Guest house (SVGH) is easy to find in Tirumala. Lots of signboards and volunteers will also be presnt who can guide you. Additionally there are other places as well where the tonsuring can be done - the main place is called 'Kalyana Katta'. This place is again easy to find or you can enquire anybody near the temple complex.
If I recall correctly, there is a special queue for parents with infants not older than 1 year - particularly those who have come to tonsure their kid(s). You can enquire as to where the reporting place for this special queue is. This queue will have lot less crowd and shoving upto Dwajasthamba after which the usual ordeal has to be borne.
Hope this helps.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 13:45   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update Suresh

Even I will be travelling to Tirupati on Nov 26th, couple of questions for you

You can actually take Supatham queue for infants less than 1 year (10 am and 3 pm are the time slots). In which you can get the darshan done in max 1 to 1.5 hours. No waiting in halls. I would recommend you to opt this one because you have 10 month old baby. Its more safer bet than 12 pm Rs. 300 special darshan, because you may end up waiting in halls for hours depending on queue.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 14:08   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
You can actually take Supatham queue for infants less than 1 year (10 am and 3 pm are the time slots). In which you can get the darshan done in max 1 to 1.5 hours. No waiting in halls. I would recommend you to opt this one because you have 10 month old baby. Its more safer bet than 12 pm Rs. 300 special darshan, because you may end up waiting in halls for hours depending on queue.

-Ravi
Is it available online to book the slot for this queue? Or should I go there and book it? In fact I have already booked the special darshan tickets online.

Also I have my family also travelling along with me, we are 6 people in total. So will they allow everybody or just the parents and infant?
Old 4th November 2016, 17:02   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it available online to book the slot for this queue? Or should I go there and book it? In fact I have already booked the special darshan tickets online.

Also I have my family also travelling along with me, we are 6 people in total. So will they allow everybody or just the parents and infant?
No online booking for infant queue. You can directly go to the queue at the slot time. Only Father,mother, infant and their siblings are allowed. No one else is allowed. You should carry the birth certificate as proof just in case if they ask.

I understand you wanted to go together as a family, but if feasible, I may suggest others to go in online tickets which you booked for Rs. 300/- and you, your spouse and the infant to take Supatham queue for quick darshan.

-Ravi
Old 16th February 2017, 10:38   #951
Senior - BHPian

I will be driving to Tirumala this Saturday and thought of taking a different route as mentioned in the link .
Has anyone done this route recently and is it a better option than the usual route via Chittoor?

This route is from Hoskote via Madnapalle.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ba...1837!5i1?hl=en
Old 16th February 2017, 10:55   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I will be driving to Tirumala this Saturday and thought of taking a different route as mentioned in the link .
Has anyone done this route recently and is it a better option than the usual route via Chittoor?

Not sure about the Madanapalle route when it comes to options to break for food. I would suggest you to stick to the usual NH4 route to Tirupati
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 11:11   #953
BHPian

Quote:

I regularly travel on this stretch. The road around AP-Karnataka boarder is not in great shape (~25 kms). From Madanapalle to Tirupati surface is moderate to good. Food/Toilets options are very limited, Madanapalle is the only option.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 18:05   #954
BHPian

Quote:

How was your drive, I am planning for next weekend. Let me know which route suited you
Old 20th February 2017, 11:49   #955
BHPian

Hello All,

I had taken a Zoomcar for Tirupati darshan from Bangalore. I seem to have lost the car's Registration card (RC) at the Palamaneru check post. I stopped vehicle 2 times at Palamaneru. First place there were a lot of trucks around and I stopped the vehicle by my own to show the documents. But I was asked to show them at another post which was around 2-3 kms.
It would be of great help if anyone can share contact details of this of this check post.
Old 20th February 2017, 12:14   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
How was your drive, I am planning for next weekend. Let me know which route suited you
Drive was good on both ways. I took the Madnapalli route onward and the Chittoor route on the way back.
If you want to do good time, stick to Chittoor because of the 4 lane till the AP border. You can cover distance faster and there are options for toilets and food.

Roads were good all through except for a small bad section as mentioned earlier on this page on the Madnapalli route.
The Chittoor bypass road from the cut off from Old Madras road to Tirupathi is well paved and looks like it was done recently.

I took the Chittoor route on the return since we got delayed at Tirumala and it was already dusk when we exited Tirupathi. I could drive peacefully then on the 4 lane half the distance.

You can use the Madnapalli route if you want a relaxed drive. Traffic is scarce, nice winding roads after Madnapalli and a involving ghat section nearing Tirupathi. I would have taken it on the return as well just for the drive, if it wasn't late. It will be around 30-45 minutes longer although it is shorter by few kms.

Last edited by tharian : 20th February 2017 at 12:22.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 13:21   #957
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, planning a BLR-Tirupati-BLR trip in early March before it gets too hot.

Looking at leaving KIAL area at 0500 and taking the Devanahalli-Sulibele-Mugabala-Kolar and then follow NH716 via Puttur to Tirupati. Can I expect to reach by say, 12 noon?

A colleague is suggesting to take a puja slot (details awaited) at around 1400. That will allow us to leave by say 1800 (?) and drive back. We are not interested in any other temples either there, or en-route.

Is this itinerary feasible with 2 kids (10 & 13) or is it too ambitious?

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st February 2017 at 13:25. Reason: Time
Old 21st February 2017, 13:48   #958
Senior - BHPian

Are there any plans by NHAI of making the entire route Bangalore-Mulgabal-Tirupati-Naidupeta 4 laned ? With the amount of traffic I see everytime I drive on this route , this certainly appears to be a very good candidate for 4 laning !
Old 21st February 2017, 13:49   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looking at leaving KIAL area at 0500 and taking the Devanahalli-Sulibele-Mugabala-Kolar and then follow NH716 via Puttur to Tirupati. Can I expect to reach by say, 12 noon?
7 hours are more than enough for this with an odd break of about 30 mins.

Quote:
A colleague is suggesting to take a puja slot (details awaited) at around 1400.
you would be too tired at this point - I would suggest a slightly later timeslot or slightly early departure.

Quote:
That will allow us to leave by say 1800 (?) and drive back. We are not interested in any other temples either there, or en-route.
You typically take around 3 hours for the darshan. Add an hour extra as buffer. Realistically you can start around 7pm.

The only problem I see is that - it is a very bad time to start back because the whole side of AP, highways have no separations and almost everyone drives with a high beam. Becomes irritating after a certain point.

Quote:
That is very subjective

I would suggest a later time for darshan and an overnight stay at Tirumala itself and leave the next day morning.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 15:19   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, planning a BLR-Tirupati-BLR trip in early March before it gets too hot.

A colleague is suggesting to take a puja slot (details awaited) at around 1400. That will allow us to leave by say 1800 (?) and drive back. We are not interested in any other temples either there, or en-route.

Leaving at 0500 and reaching Tirupati(Bottom of hills) at 12 Noon is good plan with 45 mins breakfast break.
But, if you are planning to be on top of hills(TIRUMALA), then, it would be an ambitious plan since there will be security checks and other obstacles which will add at least 1 hour more(So, you can reach Tirumala by 1 PM)

Please note, it is Chittoor and not Puttur.

If you are planning to take Darshan (Pooja Slot) at 2 PM, then, you need to just park your car and run to the Darshan Gate. You will not have time to do ANYTHING else including lunch. i.e., You need to plan your lunch after entering the gate (Some edibles are available after you enter the gate too.)

After you enter the gate, Coming out of the temple (After darshan) PURELY depends on what day you are planning your visit. If it is long weekend or saturday /sunday or any other festival day, It takes more than 4 hours for 300 Rs ticket. If it is normal working day, then, probably 4 hours MAY be enough.(Again, if your luck is bad, you may have to wait for more than 4 hours! )

But, again, you will be completely exhausted by the end of darshan. This is because, you would have driven the vehicle since morning 5 AM and standing in the queue for more than 4-5 hours.

So, I strongly suggest to take rest on day 1 and leave Tirumala only on Day 2

Last edited by gkveda : 21st February 2017 at 15:23.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks