Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 13:34   #3436
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Hi All

I have booked 4 nights in Candolim (Radisson) from March 27-31. I will be driving my Verna.

Last year I did the trip on the route Bangalore - Hubli - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Anmod - Panjim. The section between Ramnagar to Anmod was in a bad shape. But it was manageable.

With the updates on the routes in the last few pages, I am a little confused, which route to take this time. Kindly advice the best option with respect to 'latest' road condition
Option 1: Bangalore - Hubli - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Anmod - Panjim - Candolim
Option 2: Bangalore - Hubli - Alnavar - Khanapur - Anmod - Panjim - Candolim
Option 3: Bangalore - Hubli - Alnavar - Khanapur - Chorla - Candolim

Note: I am ok to not have great views on the drive. Priority is to complete the drive via the quickest option on my Verna. Please advice.
Since your priority is reaching quicker, I would recommend option 1. Recent road repair work carried out between Ramnagar & Anmod will cut down your travel time.

I could do my recent trip to Hubli from Margao in less than 3.5 hours with sedate driving. You should be able to reach your Hotel within 4 hours after leaving NH4 at Hubli bypass.

Have a nice trip.
Old 17th March 2016, 10:25   #3437
BHPian

Hello All,

I would be going from Bangalore to Goa next week. As suggested by Parag, I have decided to take the following route:

Bangalore - Hubli Bypass - Alnavar - Khanapur - Jamboti - Chorla - Sanquelim - Old Goa - Panaji - Calangute

I have also bookmarked the post where Parag has enlisted the fuel station and restaurant options for this route. (Kudos to you buddy).

Any other advice/ things to keep in mind which the members would suggest for this journey?

Travelers - 2 (me and wife)
Car - Verna Petrol 2015
Expected departure - 4AM on Friday (of a long weekend)

Also, I plan to take the same route while returning. Is that fine?

PS- Any other TBhp member going to Goa the same day? Would love to meet up.
Old 17th March 2016, 12:51   #3438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Any other advice/ things to keep in mind which the members would suggest for this journey?
You are all set. Just don't forget to enjoy the trip

By the way, try to fill in petrol more in Goa than in KA region. You will be paying Rs 250 for border entry to Goa. You can make up on this money if you just tank up your Verna petrol while in Goa for these 2-3 days.

And, the temperatures are rising. It's march! Prepare to embrace this rise in temperature.
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 13:42   #3439
BHPian

Thats true Avinash, we are prepared to face the heat.
But its the same everywhere, even in Bangalore.

Yeah, tanking up is definitely in my list, more so after yesterday's price hike.

Will post the route updates once I'm back.
Old 17th March 2016, 14:06   #3440
BHPian

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Hello All,
I would be going from Bangalore to Goa next week. As suggested by Parag, I have decided to take the following route:
Bangalore - Hubli Bypass - Alnavar - Khanapur - Jamboti - Chorla - Sanquelim - Old Goa - Panaji - Calangute

I have also bookmarked the post where Parag has enlisted the fuel station and restaurant options for this route. (Kudos to you buddy).
Travelers - 2 (me and wife)
Car - Verna Petrol 2015
Expected departure - 4AM on Friday (of a long weekend)

Also, I plan to take the same route while returning. Is that fine?

You can do Sanquelim -> Bicholim -> Mapusa -> Calangute instead of going all the way to Panaji and get caught in crazy traffic.

I did Goa two weeks back and it was hot as hell. Yes Bangalore is crazy hot right now, but in Goa, add the humidity too. Carry loads of sunscreen if you're looking to go out in the morning.

What we did was sleep whole day till 4 pm, freshen up and hit the popular joints late evening till early morning 4 am, crash back to the room at dawn.

And Goa is crazy fun at night. Also donot miss the Saturday Night market at Anjuna

Also since you have a petrol car, try to fill up more in Goa than in KA, the difference I think is about ₹8/- per litre, not exactly sure, since I have a diesel Verna.

Have a great trip.

Regards,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP

Last edited by ampere : 17th March 2016 at 16:46. Reason: Reduced in the quoted post
drhoneycake is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 10:55   #3441
BHPian

Quote:

I would be driving down to Goa as well on the same day. Would be later than 4.00 am though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
Since your priority is reaching quicker, I would recommend option 1. Recent road repair work carried out between Ramnagar & Anmod will cut down your travel time.
I would be driving down to Baga, and similarly, my priority too is reaching quicker. Wanted to confirm that Option 1 stated above would be the best for me as well?

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 21st March 2016, 12:59   #3442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post

I would be driving down to Baga, and similarly, my priority too is reaching quicker. Wanted to confirm that Option 1 stated above would be the best for me as well?

Cheers,
Ajay
Yes Sir. You very well can take the route I have mentioned. The route till Goa is good except Mandovi bridge at Panjim, where because of third bridge construction work, condition of the road is bit deteriorated.

I would recommend to avoid above route if you are starting late from Bangalore or reaching Panjim later than 5 PM. You will lose considerable amount of time in Panjim traffic.

Alternate route I would recommend is Bangalore – Hubli Bypass – Kittur – Bidi – Khanapur – Chorla – Bicholim – Baga. If you take second route then you do not have to pay any toll (except for Goa Entry) after Hubli. Route till Goa is fairly good barring Kittur – Bidi patch (#15 kms), where because of speed breakers one needs to deaccelerate frequently. By taking alternate route you will also be able to beat traffic rush of Panjim.
Ertigiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:16   #3443
BHPian

Hi I did chennai bangalore goa on 19th March.. Started from Chennai (airport, Pallavaram) at 0350 hrs.. But due to comparatively heavy of trucks, could meet the NH at 0435. By 0835 hrs, we were 50 kms short of bangalore..

Then Mr Murphy struck.. Had a tyre burst ( luckily right rear).. And it happened because of me not following the cardinal rule of checking the air pressure, by self, prior a long drive.. Car had just come back from servicing and wheel alignment and balancing, so thought the tyre pressure will be OK.. Post replacement of tyre with the spare one, got the tyre pressure checked, and to my horror, pressure in all the tyres was in excess of 36 psi. And we were on our way by 0950 hrs

Finally we took the nice Road and exited it at 1145.. The roads were awesome with minimal traffic.. Post Hubli, we went on Alanvar Ramnagar route.. The roads were good and courtesy less traffic, we could get an average of 65+. Took a small tea break at Doodh Sagar resort at 1900 hrs and we were at our destination, Dona Paula, Panjim at 2105 hrs.

And today we start with the next phase of journey I. E goa Bombay at 1130 hrs

Last edited by ampere : 23rd March 2016 at 14:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:21   #3444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I would be driving down to Goa as well on the same day. Would be later than 4.00 am though.

Cheers,
Ajay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Cruiser View Post

Post Hubli, we went on Alanvar Ramnagar route.. The roads were good and courtesy less traffic, we could get an average of 65+. Took a small tea break at Doodh Sagar resort at 1900 hrs and we were at our destination, Dona Paula, Panjim at 2105 hrs.
Hi @ajayclicks @seacruiser

How is the route between Ramnagar to Anmod. Are the craters smoothened out now?
I am planning to do Alnavar-Ramnagar-Anmod or Alnavar-Khanapur-Chorla based on your experience, as you done the stretch most recently.
I will be leaving on Mar 27 morning 5AM from NICE-Bannerghatta road. Anyone travelling on same day?

Arvind
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:15   #3445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Hi @ajayclicks @seacruiser

How is the route between Ramnagar to Anmod. Are the craters smoothened out now?
I am planning to do Alnavar-Ramnagar-Anmod or Alnavar-Khanapur-Chorla based on your experience, as you done the stretch most recently.
I will be leaving on Mar 27 morning 5AM from NICE-Bannerghatta road. Anyone travelling on same day?

Arvind
Hi Arvind, I will be driving down on the 25th. I will try to post a quick update on the route taken, and the road condition, after I reach Goa.

Cheers
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:47   #3446
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

HELP!!

leaving for goa (madgaon) tonight by i20. Need best possible route recommendation. Usually i take left from hubly and go via ankola>karwar>cancona>madgaon.

Is there any other alternate and better route to reach madgaon? please suggest.
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:17   #3447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
HELP!!

leaving for goa (madgaon) tonight by i20. Need best possible route recommendation. Usually i take left from hubly and go via ankola>karwar>cancona>madgaon.

Take Hubli - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Anmod - Mollem - Ponda - Margao route. It is shorter than route mentioned by you.
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:17   #3448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
HELP!!

The only other alternate considering that your destination is Margaon is Bankapura - Mungod - Yellapura - karwar. But for a night journey, the better option is the one that you have already mentioned. Simple as that!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:32   #3449
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Take Hubli - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Anmod - Mollem - Ponda - Margao route. It is shorter than route mentioned by you.
thanks! How are are roads post hubli as i have never been there?

Quote:
The only other alternate considering that your destination is Margaon is Bankapura - Mungod - Yellapura - karwar. But for a night journey, the better option is the one that you have already mentioned. Simple as that!
i visit palolem regularly and on the return of the last visit, had taken this route by mistake and was pleasantly surprised hit nh4 at bankapur (about a year bacK). I plan to leave bangalore tonight by around mid-night so i guess there would be day light by the time i hit these sections. How is the road condition these days from bankapur to ankola and karwar? my destination is actually banulim beach.
Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:18   #3450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks! How are are roads post hubli as i have never been there?
Roads are good. Nothing to worry about. Was patchy a while before but seems to be good now.

Quote:
I plan to leave bangalore tonight by around mid-night so i guess there would be day light by the time i hit these sections.
With a midnight start, around 4.5 Hour max for Bankapur where you exit for Mungod and Yellapura. So it will be early morning. Not a big risk anyway.

Quote:
How is the road condition these days from bankapur to ankola and karwar? my destination is actually banulim beach. Bankapura to Mungod to Yellapura is the only different stretch. Else its a common road from Yellapura onwards for Karwar via Ankola.
To answer your question, roads are good between Bankapura and Yellapura. Refer few pages back for an update from goandude. He drove this route only 2 weeks back.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks