Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 22:01   #3481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I will start After breakfast so lunch around 12-12:30 will do
Kamat at ranibennur might be a stretch. So any thing before that with clean toilets ?
Of course, you have Kamat Upachar around 16 kms after you exit Hubli-Dharwad Toll.

And then there is a CCD 20 minutes (20 kms) after this on the right at Shiggaon. There is a break in the median just a little ahead of this where you can safely make U to reach this place.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st May 2016 at 22:07. Reason: Added CCD
Old 9th May 2016, 15:54   #3482
BHPian

Planning a drive to Cavelossim in Goa around last week of May.
The idea is to start around 5 AM from Bangalore and go via :
Bangalore -> Tumkur -> Ranebennur Kamat (brunch around 9-9:30) -> Hubli -> Aravatagi -> Alnavar-> Ramnagar -> Anmod -> Mollem -> Ponda -> Margao -> Cavelossim (late lunch at resort)
Would this be the best route ?
How long would it normally take to cross the ghat section on this route (also what is the distance of the ghat section) ?
Since some of the passengers have rather queasy stomachs, I intend to take the ghat section much slower than usual and wanted to assess how much time this might add to the journey
Old 9th May 2016, 15:59   #3483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
Would this be the best route ?
Undoubtedly THE Best as of today after the NH4A was fully repaired.

Quote:
How long would it normally take to cross the ghat section on this route (also what is the distance of the ghat section) ?
Not more than 30 kms and that should take you 45 minutes at max. The Ghat section has wider roads compared to Chorla and traffic moves faster.

Quote:
Since some of the passengers have rather queasy stomachs, I intend to take the ghat section much slower than usual and wanted to assess how much time this might add to the journey
My daughter has it, but strictly with Ghat roads and hence let me talk about it.

Compared to twists and turns of Chorla, this is indeed a much better option.

Make sure you remain in control than brake and accelerate abruptly along with those quick steering movements. Everything will be fine.

The only time my daughter threw up was on the way to Kalasa 3 years before when she was 3 and this is exactly when we parents realised that she has motion sickness, something that I too have when it comes to Ghat roads and if I am on the passenger seat.

After this, we have been very careful in negotiating ghat roads and there has been no recurrence of this again.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 19:59   #3484
BHPian

Question on the route to be taken inside Goa.

My destination will be Cavelossim and assuming I enter Goa at Mollem after crossing Anmod, I could go via:
Mollem -> Left at Dharbandora -> Sanvordem -> Curchorem -> Cuncolim -> Cavelossim
or
Mollem -> Left at Dharbandora -> Sanvordem -> Curchorem -> Chinchinim -> Cavelossim
or
Mollem -> Ponda bypass -> Margao -> Benaulim -> Varca -> Cavelossim

which route would be recommended for daytime driving (say around noon), considering traffic and road conditions ?
Google maps shows hardly any difference between these three routes both in terms of distance and time, but that might be due to current traffic conditions only
Old 11th May 2016, 21:02   #3485
BHPian

I am travelling to Goa this Friday (5/13) from Bangalore. Need suggestions on various routes to tackle traffic inside Goa. My destination would be Golden Tulip, Candolim Goa. This is my first trip to Goa, i will be starting around 5 AM from Bangalore and may reac h Goa around 12-1 PM. Hence, requesting your guidance...
Old 11th May 2016, 22:30   #3486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
I am travelling to Goa this Friday (5/13) from Bangalore. Need suggestions on various routes to tackle traffic inside Goa. My destination would be Golden Tulip, Candolim Goa. This is my first trip to Goa, i will be starting around 5 AM from Bangalore and may reac h Goa around 12-1 PM. Hence, requesting your guidance...
For Candolim just take the Chorla route.

Again for Chorla, you got 2 choices. Via Belgaum and avoiding Belgaum. You avoid Belgaun to skip a good lunch break or you drive through Belgaum. Difference won't me more than 30-45 Minutes.

Via Belgaum is simple as: Bangalore Davanagere Hubli Belgaum Chorla Sanquelim Old Goa Panaji Candolim

Without Belgaum will be : Bangalore Hubli Alnavar Khanapur Jamboti Chorla Sanquelim Old Goa Panaji Candolim.

Again- From Sanquelim, you have a choice to reach Candolim via Mapusa or Old Goa. Via Mapusa at times can be time consuming and at times faster than old Goa route based on time.

However, in the interest of wider roads, regulated traffic, less misc traffic, take the Old Goa option and reach Candolim via Panjim.
Old 11th May 2016, 23:02   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Need suggestions on various routes to tackle traffic inside Goa. This is my first trip to Goa, i will be starting around 5 AM from Bangalore and may reac h Goa around 12-1 PM. Hence, requesting your guidance
Two typical options for north goa are:
1) https://goo.gl/maps/u3LejVS7RWK2

2) https://goo.gl/maps/BfGYg4XhdRR2

I believe currently 1 shall be faster in terms of approach to Goa. Road conditions currently are good throughout in 1. In 2 overall road conditions can be called fine, though MK Hubli to Khanapur & Khanapur to Jamboti may not be top notch. 2 will also be narrower in post NH4 leg apart from longer ghat section than 1.

A 5am start shall reach you Candolim later than 12-1pm. 9-10 hours budget for north Goa is realistic from Bangalore.

Be ready to embrace worst weather of the year in goa, culminated pre-monsoon heat & humidity of May, preceding to monsoon arrival in June. Carry an umbrella, it mitigates Goa summer's heat to some extent.
Throtttle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 00:13   #3488
BHPian

Hi Funda2max,

Well I am currently in Goa and travelling back to Bangalore on 5/13 most likely on the NH4A and NH4 routes.

I got here a few days back via Belagavi and took the Anmod ghat while coming. I would suggest avoiding Belgaum as there is a lot of road work happening there which will slow you down.

Also just for information to fellow travellers, they are widening the NH4A in the Tinai and Anmod ghats so they have left mud piles on the sides of the recently relaid roads which have come onto the tarmac and make it a bit skiddy when cornering hard, saw a swift loose traction just in front of us while being aggressive around a bend.

Other than that paragsachania has great advise and I followed his suggestions while getting here. He and ertigiat seem to be well versed with roads this side.

Do let me know if you need any further information from ground zero.

Cheers!
Andy.
Amazingandy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 10:31   #3489
BHPian

Thanks All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Without Belgaum will be : Bangalore Hubli Alnavar Khanapur Jamboti Chorla Sanquelim Old Goa Panaji Candolim.

Again- From Sanquelim, you have a choice to reach Candolim via Mapusa or Old Goa. Via Mapusa at times can be time consuming and at times faster than old Goa route based on time.

However, in the interest of wider roads, regulated traffic, less misc traffic, take the Old Goa option and reach Candolim via Panjim.
One question here, how do I reach Alnavar from Goa? Should I need to go through the Hubli-Dharwad bye pass and take a left to Karwar ? Or, should follow Google maps ?

Please advice.
Old 12th May 2016, 10:37   #3490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks All!

One question here, how do I reach Alnavar from Goa? Should I need to go through the Hubli-Dharwad bye pass and take a left to Karwar ? Or, should follow Google maps ?

Please advice.
  • Take the Bypass for Hubli-Dharwad and pay full fare till the end (55 INR)
  • Refer to your ODO or Trip and around 26 kms from the Entry toll, turn left for an exit marked for Alnavar/Goa
  • Exit the tolled road, and continue driving towards Alnavar
  • Pass another toll for this State Highway by paying 55 INR (55 again )
  • Near Alnavar, you will pass the town on your left, followed by a small bridge and then you get a fork - Straight takes you to Ramnagar/Anmod and right for Khanapur. Turn right here for Khanapur
  • From Khanapur to Jamboti its one straight, narrow road for 15 kms
  • Jamboti is the place your road will meet Belgaum Chorla road, just keep going and you are now headed towards Chorla
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 21:16   #3491
BHPian

Thanks lot parag. I reached Goa around 2:30 pm. Roads were except throughout. Weather is hot and sweaty in the morning, but cools down in the night.
funda2max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 18:54   #3492
BHPian

Bangalore to Dandeli

Hi,

Would the best route from Bangalore to Dandeli still be via Haliyal?

Could someone also suggest a route from Dandeli to Margao? Google maps suggests the route via Ponda.

Thanks.
Old 17th May 2016, 19:00   #3493
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Dandeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Would the best route from Bangalore to Dandeli still be via Haliyal?
That is correct.

Quote:
Could someone also suggest a route from Dandeli to Margao? Google maps suggests the route via Ponda.
Dandeli-Ganeshgudi-Ramngar-Ponda.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 10:28   #3494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Again for Chorla, you got 2 choices. Via Belgaum and avoiding Belgaum. You avoid Belgaun to skip a good lunch break or you drive through Belgaum.
Any issues if this route is taken late night - say 3am-6am (especially non NH4 stretch of Hubli-Sanquelim)?
Old 18th May 2016, 11:04   #3495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Any issues if this route is taken late night - say 3am-6am (especially non NH4 stretch of Hubli-Sanquelim)?
I have driven beyond Belgaum at odd hours to Goa via Chorla and Sanquelim only once. We passed Belgaum at 4 and were in Goa at 7.

Apart from the foggy conditons (this was July), it was business as usual. Very less traffic.

No such issues with safety at all and I know that I cannot suggest any alternative for you as your destination is Sanquelim .

Else the newly done NH4A is simply superb now and the bestest choice and that doesn't work for you unless you are OK with a bit of detour?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks