Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 22:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the update, sbala ! I will be passing thru' most probably next weekend.
Old 22nd August 2009, 10:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Drove through Trichy during the Independence day weekend...the Samayapuram byepass is partially ready. So, two way traffic on one side of the 4-lane road.

The Trichy bye-pass, though, is a big mess now. The existing road is being upgraded to GQ specification, and work is underway. Only a few stretches are completed on one side. There are also lot of bridges also being constructed. Once ready , it will be a breeze to cross Trichy. The Thanjavur and Pudukottai road junctions will have flyovers.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just drove to Samayapuram and back from Chennai. Its a beautiful road all along. The toll just before the Samayapuram left turn is not yet ready.

I feel that the Tolls are getting more & more. Almost rs220 one way for 300KMs. But again, if they just turn all the NH to toll road, what is the use? I mean if there is no option out then all heavy traffic etc will be on this very same road. So, no change in traffic is expected. No wonder why the commodities prices are all moving up north.

When is the Tiruchy by-pass is scheduled to be completed? i think if that is done, then Chennai Madurai will be a breeze
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:14   #34
BHPian

+1 to mjothi.

Did the Chennai Madurai Stretch on Sunday. The toll rates are rising like anything. And there are 3 more tolls to come into effect between trichy and madurai. But then the roads are a breeze to drive. Just hoping that the roads are maintained well.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

How long does it take from Chennai to Trichy
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:40   #36
BHPian

Trip to Kanyakumari Via Madurai

Hi Ram West

I am planning to drive down to kanyakumari coming week end. But I am staying in Madurai for a day. Can you please let me know how much time would it take to reach Madurai from Chennai, I am planning to start early morning 5:30 am would it be the right time or should I start little earlier, let me know your thoughts and some tips please.

Thanks
Aravind
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
How long does it take from Chennai to Trichy
A comfortable driving in 80 should take around 4.5 - 5hrs with 1 or 2 breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Hi Ram West

I am planning to drive down to kanyakumari coming week end. But I am staying in Madurai for a day. Can you please let me know how much time would it take to reach Madurai from Chennai, I am planning to start early morning 5:30 am would it be the right time or should I start little earlier, let me know your thoughts and some tips please.

Thanks
Aravind
The only bottle neck is the Tiruchy. Buffer 2 hours to cross Tiruchy. so it should be 5 + 2 + 3 hrs max. with your breakfast, lunch and other small breaks.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:23   #38
BHPian

+1 to mjothi. But then you can reduce time at Trichy. We crossed Trichy like in an hour with lunch break at Trichy itself.
Old 29th December 2009, 19:36   #39
BHPian

Tuticorin to Chennai

In just a few hours I will start on a Tuticorin -> Chennai (600 kms)(via Trichy).
Will post the latest road conditions after my return in about six days.
Old 29th December 2009, 19:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Enjoy the drive, manim ! I would be interested in the current state of the Trichy bypass . I am guessing it would be a bit of a mess after the recent rains.

And pls. do update the below thread after your trip :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ad-info-2.html

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 29th December 2009 at 19:44.
Old 30th December 2009, 10:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

I drove from Chennai to Trichy in October this four lane is excellent, but the toll is very high unlike the other tollways in A.P.
Old 30th December 2009, 10:39   #42
Team-BHP Support

My father in law drove down to Trichy.
They stayed at the Femina hotel.

Last night an attempt was made to steal the car.
Luckily the driver was sleeping inside their Verna.
The thief ran away but broke the central locking system.

I did not expect such a thing in Trichy.

Just a warning.
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:46   #43
BHPian

Hi today me and three of my colleagues went to Trichy and back to Chennai on the same day. I finished my night shift and we started at around 6 AM and hit the road. I was in sleep while to triuchy till some 40 km before trichy .Then we took the triuchy bypass to enter into the city to skip Srirangam and reseached grooms’ relative house for refreshment.

We refreshed ourselves and went to the marriage at 12.00(exactly for lunch ) then we came back to the house at 2.00 and had a good 2 hours sleep and then we started for srirangam kovil.I was amazed to see the Srirangam temple, it’s so huge that to just make a simple visit it took 1 hour. So finally were back on road by 6.30.while back to chennai, I was on the wheel and this is first time I am driving in night. I had some fear but I was confident because of Team –bhp on how to drive in high way and what we can except in these high ways which comes unexpectedly .The road was really good which increased my confidence. Since we were travelling in Santro Xing ,I maintained a steady 90-100/KM and I was able to reach Chennai by 10.45 without even any single break.

As I excepted there was three to four incidents of wrong direction and all were bikes coming in th wrong direction .I saw three accident in my way back and all three were minor ones .Sorry no pics since I was driving on way back and sleeping while on the go. Guys be careful in the turns of the road before trichy say(30-60 Km) that you may see a two wheeler coming in wrong direction that too some good speed we had a near miss on our way to trichy.

The road is completed till Trichy and you can very confidently in drive in night too.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 23rd January 2010 at 00:49.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Except the killing toll charges the road condition is superb. If you are a good driver you can fly till Trichy. Seems the bye pass to Madurai and Dindigul road will be completed soon.
Old 11th May 2010, 13:45   #45
BHPian

Planning to do a Chennai-Trichy-Chennai trip this Thursday. Good to hear that the roads were good in January. Are they still good?

What time should I leave Chennai in the morning? I was thinking 5 AM so that we can avoid the Chennai traffic completely. Is that enough? Where should we have breakfast? Tindivanam?

Also, we plan to leave Trichy around 4 PM. Assuming the travel takes around 5 hours, we should reach Chennai outskirts latest by 10 PM which is good enough I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks