Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 11:42   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Chennai - Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Friends,

I have to go to Thirukoillur, near Villupuram, on Mar 19th.

Google shows the following two routes: -

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Av...!1m0!3e0?hl=en
and
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Av...!1m0!3e0?hl=en

Which one will you recommend, based on recent knowledge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I dont have an idea on this. Lets check with others. Thiruvannamala-Villupuram is a bigger highway for sure.
Last May 2015, I traveled between Thirukoilur to Villupuram on my way to Pondy via Arakandanallur, Kilvalai.
The road conditions were good and nothing to worry about. Its a normal 2L road and not very broad. However, occasional bus traffic will be there. I don't expect that road to be worse due to monsoons. So you can go exit at Villupuram and take this route to go towards Thirukoilur.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 11:55   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
But that didn't stop Adyar Anandha Bhavan from expanding into these cities. And they are very successful at that too!
I am sure HSB can penetrate into the Highway eateries which A2B has successfully ventured to, if not the inside cities. Even inside the cities, there definitely is strong business case for restaurants providing standardized food with clean amenities in other Tier 2 cities like Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin (I am surprised they are not here since they from around this place).

Please note I am not a fan for HSB, just a person who expects a basic level of standards when travelling to these places. I am still for the local flavor which a city like Madurai brings with its restaurants. But they can sometimes be a hit or miss in somewhere else.
Old 17th March 2016, 23:54   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I am sure HSB can penetrate into the Highway eateries which A2B has successfully ventured to, if not the inside cities. Even inside the cities, there definitely is strong business case for restaurants providing standardized food with clean amenities in other Tier 2 cities like Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin (I am surprised they are not here since they from around this place).

Please note I am not a fan for HSB, just a person who expects a basic level of standards when travelling to these places. I am still for the local flavor which a city like Madurai brings with its restaurants. But they can sometimes be a hit or miss in somewhere else.
The quality of food I get at Saravana Bhavan in Salem (local group, not part of HSB) and at Sangeetha in Trichy is even better than the one at HSB in Chennai.

A2B is surely successful in penetrating into the Tier 2 cities but, I always prefer to go to local restaurants than A2B's. I get much better and quality food there.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 15:06   #124
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai - Trichy : Route Queries

Team,What are the best fuel stations en route, at Trichy or on the way back? I think there many non PSU options now?

How any toll booths and how much is the total toll for a round trip?
Old 8th July 2019, 16:33   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What are the best fuel stations en route, at Trichy or on the way back? I think there many non PSU options now?
Assuming you're asking for the car...
Chennai to Trichy - Perambalur BPCL COCO
Trichy to Chennai - Ulundurpet BPCL COCO

Quote:
How any toll booths and how much is the total toll for a round trip?
Should be roughly Rs 350 odd
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 08:58   #126
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. Actually I am more interested in non-PSU bunks such as Shell, Reliance etc. I plan to start out with a full tank of Shell V Power, then do one refill just before, at, or somewhere on the way back from Trichy.

I am going to drop my son at NIT campus for the start of second year. I will stay at Trichy for the night and start back the next morning.
Old 9th July 2019, 09:03   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Actually I am more interested in non-PSU bunks such as Shell, Reliance etc. I plan to start out with a full tank of Shell V Power, then do one refill just before, at, or somewhere on the way back from Trichy
Reliance quite a few; right after Perambalur BPCL COCO (A2B), there's one I've seen, which is functional as well. The other side, I don't remember seeing any, i.e. from Trichy to Madras

You've an Alto isn't it? Wouldn't it be sufficient to make one full drive from Chennai to Trichy? Why to refuel in between? My old F10D WagonR had yielded all way from Chennai upto Madurai & beyond easily
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 09:17   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
You've an Alto isn't it? Wouldn't it be sufficient to make one full drive from Chennai to Trichy? Why to refuel in between? My old F10D WagonR had yielded all way from Chennai upto Madurai & beyond easily
It is about 325 KM one way. A full tank of 35 litres should be good for a round trip, @ 19-21 KMPL approx. But it is going to be a full load with three adults and plenty of luggage for my son. He had to vacate the hostel after completing first year, it will be a different hostel for the remaining three years!

So I would like to fill ten litres somewhere on the way for peace of mind! I am a guy who fills the tanks of both car and bike at the half tank mark!

Car was fully serviced a few days ago, full synthetic oil filled for the first time, engine coolant and spark plugs replaced, brakes overhauled and fresh brake fluid filled! And new tubeless tyres fitted a few months ago! I am looking forward to the trip!
Old 9th July 2019, 09:24   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is about 325 KM one way. A full tank of 35 litres should be good for a round trip, @ 19-21 KMPL approx. But it is going to be a full load with three adults and plenty of luggage for my son
Sir, I'm aware of NH45 By last month, we've done NH45 4 times just in 2019 alone & not to exclude atleast 6 times last year.

Trust me, no matter how much load you have, your apprehension is unnecessary. You could easily do 325 Km in one full tank.

Here's the math...
Even if the car yield 13 Kmpl, with a mere 30 liters of fuel, 30 X 13 = 390 Km!! Neither you're going to get less than 15 Kmpl, nor you're going to use anything more than 30 liters. So just, look forward for the drive & enjoy.

PS - We did Chennai all the way upto Trivandrum in one full tank with the last leg of our journey in heart to mouth pumping situation as there were seldom any fuel stations opened after Nagercoil as it was around 2 Am. That's close to 800 Km hehe
Old 9th July 2019, 09:57   #130
Senior - BHPian

^^ It will be a 650 KM round trip, plus some local running inside Trichy! The car gives about 20 kmpl on the highway, so one full 35 litre tank should be enough, but I will be down to the last few litres when I touch Paranur toll plaza on the way back! Filling ten litres en route will give a comfortable buffer!

I see a Shell pump in Trichy on Google maps, will fill there if it is operational.
Old 8th October 2019, 17:34   #131
BHPian

Here is an update on the road from Chennai to Trichy

Departed Chennai early to avoid traffic till Chengalpattu.

The drive to Trichy was very pleasant. Other than the road works near Mahindra City the roads were good. We could maintain reasonable speeds that allowed us to avg 65 ~ 70 till Trichy.

Fast Tag worked through out the route without any hiccup.

There are enough places for Pit Stop but we try to stick to A2B as we have been fairly happy with the quality and cleanliness

We planned our departure to have breakfast at A2B in Guduvanchery. We were there at 7:10am but the place was closed and the security indicated it may not open till 7:30am or so.

We had to stop at A2B at Vikravandi !!

Pls. take note of this and plan accordingly as this is a regular issue
Old 11th July 2021, 21:45   #132
Senior - BHPian

• Roads seem to have expanded to 6-8 lanes between Vandalur-Guduvancherry. WIP between Guduvancherry and Singaperumal Koil
  • Villupuram bypass bridge is half done. Should be completed year end.
  • Road works at Veppur seem almost complete. There is one lane closed for about a km.
  • All major eateries are open.
  • Seems some Ring Road work in progress in Trichy. There is a bridge over the NH, 3 km past Samayapuram toll.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 19:05   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
  • All major eateries are open.
Since your update is the latest one wanted to check if there is a good veg only restaurant after Tambaram enroute Madurai that shall be open say by 7:30am or so
Old 21st October 2021, 20:02   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Since your update is the latest one wanted to check if there is a good veg only restaurant after Tambaram enroute Madurai that shall be open say by 7:30am or so
All major highway restaurants are open, they were open from July when inter-district travel started in TN. Only Haritam seems to have shut shop permanently. Most of them open for service only around 7-730 am types.

If you are an early starter (4am) then you can target Aswin's
Old 21st October 2021, 20:05   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
There are plenty
Sangeetha veg : https://goo.gl/maps/h8wi6BgL29vmfGo66
A2B : https://goo.gl/maps/DszdmM1qkEpEsiQn7
Saapida Vaanga : https://goo.gl/maps/JqdHw5Q6Kf19fPbo6

All these are on your left, so should be easy to stop.

Watch out for road widening work happening between Tambaram to Chengalpet.

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks