Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 22:04   #676
BHPian

Re: Coorg queries

I had been to Tamara Resort Coorg with family and the holiday was superb.
https://thetamara.com/coorg-resort/ - you can check it out. If you have kids below 12 then not for it. It has everything - pool, coffee plantation, bonfire/gazebo and many types of cuisines and wines.
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 09:34   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shresan23 View Post
Hey Guys,
Planning to go to Coorg for this december vacation. Is there any place you would recommend for stay.
You have too many requirements and which can be met by taking a world bank loan :-) There are a couple of resorts which will provide all that you need but will surely be expensive. Swimming pool usage might be an issue in December when it is so cold. Also all the places that provide all these facilities will be big and crowded.

I have personal experience with https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Rev...Karnataka.html which has just 2 rooms and does not have swimming pool or restaurant.

Ditto https://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Rev...Karnataka.html which is in the center of town but you just wont know it since it is off the main road and has enough green cover around you to mask all road sound.
deepak_misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 11:17   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
You have too many requirements and which can be met by taking a world bank loan :-) There are a couple of resorts which will provide all that you need but will surely be expensive. Swimming pool usage might be an issue in December when it is so cold..

Yeah i know its a long list. But apart from the parking and seclusion, nothing else is a mandate, it would only be a welcome addition. As far as the price is concerned, the stay would only be for 2 nights at max due to time constraints and any good experience can incur well deserved costs.

Thank you so much for the suggestions, i have had the tamara place in my mind for a long time now, the rooms felt a bit ordinary. The problem here is that i have been to almost all the generic hill stations in the south of india, so at this point i am craving for something that is novel or unique
Old 31st October 2022, 19:34   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah i know its a long list. But apart from the parking and seclusion, nothing else is a mandate, it would only be a welcome addition. As far as the price is concerned, the stay would only be for 2 nights at max due to time constraints and any good experience can incur well deserved costs.

Thank you so much for the suggestions, i have had the tamara place in my mind for a long time now, the rooms felt a bit ordinary. The problem here is that i have been to almost all the generic hill stations in the south of india, so at this point i am craving for something that is novel or unique
You must have checked the website of Tamara and felt the rooms a bit ordinary but early morning you wake up with the mist and the chirping of birds and sip tea/coffee in the balcony of your room is bliss.

Since you have been to almost all hill stations in the South, I guess you must have visited Coonoor. If not then do give it a try by staying in a tea estate.

Another good place is https://redhillnatureresort.com/ , the three pics are of redhill nature resort.
Attached Thumbnails
Coorg recommendations-acm_3907.jpg  

Coorg recommendations-acm_3912.jpg  

Coorg recommendations-acm_3914.jpg  

Old 31st October 2022, 20:06   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Since you have been to almost all hill stations in the South, I guess you must have visited Coonoor. If not then do give it a try by staying in a tea estate.
Yes, i have been to coonoor, one of the best places i should say. I will take your suggestion into consideration, regarding the tamara for sure.
Old 31st October 2022, 20:46   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, i have been to coonoor, one of the best places i should say. I will take your suggestion into consideration, regarding the tamara for sure.
Tamara is a great place to stay. You wouldn’t leave the resort at all. I’ve stayed once and it was wonderful.

Try ‘The Jade’ at kutta. Their food is awesome. It’s located at Kutta and is closer to Iruppu falls. Doesn’t bite the pocket either. You drive through the forests and is a good enjoyable drive as well.

If you have 4-5 days, you might even want to spend a night at Kabini for the wild life, though, sighting those is purely a factor that isn’t controlled by any human.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 12:00   #682
BHPian

There seems to be quite a fan base for the tamara place. This one is at the top of the list. Will surely check it out and if the plan falls into motion, given the weather here and all, this might be the place i go to. Will surely post a travelogue if possible.

Thanks a ton for all your suggestions
Old 25th November 2022, 13:07   #683
BHPian

Re: Coorg recommendations

Did anyone visit Kote Betta in recent times? Is it worth visiting and staying for a night? If so, how are the roads and how far can we take our car?
Old 29th January 2023, 08:47   #684
BHPian

Just visited Coorg and really regret going to Mallali falls(stayed at chirugu homestay). there's nothing there that's worth going 25 Kms(from Madikeri).

We were a family and the twists gave really bad motion sickness for my kid.
Old 30th January 2023, 05:37   #685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by salluks View Post
Just visited Coorg and really regret going to Mallali falls(stayed at chirugu homestay). there's nothing there that's worth going 25 Kms(from Madikeri).
I agree. Just visiting the waterfall alone from Madikeri is not worth it. You should probably cover it on your way to the destination when heading in or out. Also I must say this may not be the right time to hit this place. During monsoons it's a sight to reckon!
Old 30th January 2023, 10:32   #686
Senior - BHPian

Is visiting Coorg in the last week March a good option? I am asking from weather point of view whether it would be hot during the day? Or I should be looking at alternate options like Sakleshpur? I am planning a coastal Karnataka trip and Coorg was supposed to be the first stop in the trip.
Old 1st February 2023, 18:32   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys who have been to Tamara; would you have any specific recommendation with regards to the rooms? From the pics, all options (luxury suite onwards) look good. We are planning to pick a spot where we just want to chill in the room and stay within the resort premises; so any suggestions on similar options across the ghats of Karnataka would be helpful.

So far the options we are evaluating are

1. Tamara (Coorg)
2. WelcomeHeritage Ayatana (Coorg)
3. River Tern JLR (Chikmagalur)

Any other places that would be a good alternative to above 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is visiting Coorg in the last week March a good option? I am asking from weather point of view whether it would be hot during the day? Or I should be looking at alternate options like Sakleshpur? I am planning a coastal Karnataka trip and Coorg was supposed to be the first stop in the trip.
Second this Q.

We are planning for a long weekend trip in the first half of March; trying to finalize on options as we are open to go up north (e.g. River Tern JLR at Bhadra Reservoir). Any guidance on the weather during March would be helpful.
Old 8th February 2023, 22:10   #688
BHPian

A very close friend is getting married in native Coorg, so I'm planning for a Mumbai to Virajpet by road journey from 21st to 24th of Feb. Will be riding my Tiger 800 to and return as well. So would be great if anyone here would like to shed light on the current status of the route that google maps is showing me -

Plan : Leave Mumbai on 21st, reach Virajpet on 22nd, stay 23rd, return to mumbai 24th-25th.

The route : Mumbai - Pune - Satara - Kolhapur - Davengere - Hassan - Virajpet (will be making an overnight halt somewhere)

And also if anyone's done this route before, any ideal place/hotel to stay overnight?

Thank you in advance.
TheVaas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 07:38   #689

Guys, I will be travelling with family to Udupi from Mysore and need your suggestions for 1N stay on NH275 around Madikeri or between Madikeri-Mangalore.

Please note this is my first hill driving and hence would like to stick to NH275 or bigger roads. Also, I will be travelling in a EV.
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:45   #690
BHPian

Sharing a tip for folks looking at nice resorts in Coorg - check the prices on the Cred App. We are headed next week to WelcomeHeritage Ayatana and the Cred package was a good 25% cheaper than the next cheapest across sites like Makemytrip, Agoda.

They have a good curation of nice properties across many of the common getaways from Bangalore like Coorg, Coonoor, Wayanad etc.

Most Viewed