Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2021, 14:40   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Coorg recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Coorg is a district, hence would divide it into North, Central and South Coorg for ease.
Amazing, many thanks! Any idea about pet-friendly places please?

I am aware of the Taj which allows pets at Taj Madikeri, as well as AMA Stays and Trails (erstwhile Tata Plantation Trails), but looking for good homestays where we can visit with our Beagle.

Requirements are complete peace and quiet :-), a stable internet connection, lovely views from room/attached private balcony and a private enclosed space for the pooch.

Last edited by itwasntme : 11th March 2021 at 14:50.
Old 1st April 2021, 11:12   #647
BHPian

Any feedback on the "AMA Stays and Trails", looks like they are in a tie-up with Taj Hotels and was wondering how is the service and general quality of the properties.

The concept of booking a full Bungalow is interesting when there a slightly a bigger group like few families or for extended family outings.
Old 19th July 2021, 15:12   #648
BHPian

Planning to drive to Coorg on Wednesday from Bangalore, any recent feedback on the Mysore or the Hassan route? I am booked to stay at the Taj.

I am especially concerned with the recent continuous rains over the last week.
Old 19th July 2021, 15:18   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Planning to drive to Coorg on Wednesday from Bangalore, any recent feedback on the Mysore or the Hassan route? I am booked to stay at the Taj.
Coorg is currently closed for tourism. Since you have a hotel booking, you may be allowed, but you also need RTPCR test.
Old 19th July 2021, 15:35   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post

I am especially concerned with the recent continuous rains over the last week.
I guess you are driving to Madikeri. The highways should be fine. Just check once with the resort on the ongoing rain status. It has been raining since past few days. You should be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
...but you also need RTPCR test.
I don't think there is a need for RTPCR for within state travel, neither Coorg district has any such rules.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:43   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I guess you are driving to Madikeri. The highways should be fine. Just check once with the resort on the ongoing rain status. It has been raining since past few days. You should be ok.
Makes sense, will check with the resort. I would love to take the Hassan route especially with all the constructions & diversions on Mysore road.
Old 28th September 2021, 11:06   #652

Does anyone know if it's open for travel now?
Old 28th September 2021, 11:13   #653
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishanvyas View Post
You mean Coorg is open? if so yes. We had travelled there 2 weeks back. For folks from Karnataka just some data capture at border is there. But out of state folks carry RTPCR and check with the resort before planning.
Old 28th September 2021, 22:14   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishanvyas View Post
I travelled from Bangalore to Virajpet on 20th and returned on 23rd. Coorg is indeed open. No checking. I also visited Talakaveri. It is open. You can't get into the pond. That's the only restriction.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th September 2021 at 05:05. Reason: Typos
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:00   #655
BHPian

Hi All, Need some advice on my upcoming trip to Coorg - Virajpet, Club Mahindra.
I am based in Bangalore and travel extensively to Sakleshpur, Chikmaglur and Coorg but more to less crowded/smaller resorts and something very nature oriented/ remote.

My brother-in-law had bunch of Club Mahindra days lapsing soon and he wanted to me to use them or it will be lost. So am doing him a favor by going on this holiday Ideally, I should be jumping from joy but in reality I am NOT very thrilled.

The reason are as below -

- I don't like these crowded standard resorts where the focus is more on games, food etc.

- I don't like held hostage to buy 'buffet' options that cost quite a bit when you add for the full family and pay for literally everything you use i.e. game room, cycle, whatever else. There are already phone calls from Club Mahindra asking me about buying this

- I don't like to paying differential prices for members and non-members given I am going as a guest of the member who has already payed the fees

Now the family overrules such decisions and the kids are quite excited. So the advice I need are :

- Are there any scenic drives around this area - remote is OK as long as my Ecosport can take them?

- Any treks, walks, view points, things to do (all nature related) that I can go to than be shut in the resort?

- Any good eateries near by so we are not held hostage to the buffet all the time?

Any other suggestions for road from Bangalore? I am planning to start early, stop by the Mysore zoo and then head towards Coorg by evening.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate all thoughts.

Last edited by rohing : 22nd February 2022 at 18:08.
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:19   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Meriyanda is one such place, check it out. There are waterfalls nearby as well as Mandalpatti peak where you can drive up to a certain point and take a Jeep.

You can also drive up to Subramanya if you would like to experience Bisle Ghat section.

The road that takes you to Club Mahindra also leads you to Taj Madikeri where you can book a poolside dinner table, its cold in the evening, do carry winter wear.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 16:43   #657
BHPian

Recommendation for half day around Coorg

I have booked a day's stay in JLR Dubare next weekend (April 2/3). Post checkout on 3rd at around 11 a.m I plan to visit places around Coorg / Pushpagiri / Bisle and return back on the same day to Bengaluru by 11 pm.

I know it is summer and waterfalls would not be attractive but any suggestions around Coorg worth visiting for a few hours where the greenery/nature is enticing to visit?

Google map recommends Ramnathpura/Channarayapattana/Hirisave/Bellur cross on return. If the drive is scenic and roads manageable, is it recommended to reach Sakleshpur and join NH75?
Old 27th March 2022, 19:20   #658
Senior - BHPian

Re: Recommendation for half day around Coorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Google map recommends Ramnathpura/Channarayapattana/Hirisave/Bellur cross on return. If the drive is scenic and roads manageable, is it recommended to reach Sakleshpur and join NH75?
Given that we will be in April, the latter part of my suggestion might not be a feasible one, but let me pen it down.

1. Ramanathapura, the first point on your route, is a well known centre of pilgrimage. It is home to a number of powerful deities. The place is also known (along with a few others) as Dakshina Kashi. The large school of fishes habiting the waters of river Cauvery that flows next to the temple presents an awesome view.

2. Further up the route, at Hirisave, you can turn right, drive a couple of kilometres and reach Sravanabelagula. Though climbing up the hill might seem tiring - given the heat, you can reach there towards the evening when the conditions are better
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:39   #659
BHPian

I stayed at a beautiful homestay "Spice Glade" which is at the edge of Nagarhole Tiger Reserve at Badaga village (near Kutta). The homestay is located inside a coffee estate. The hospitality is good and the food is homely and tasty.

Google map location: Spice Glade

I made a YT clip on my stay which can be viewed here :
ankan.m.blr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 16:41   #660
Senior - BHPian

Are there any self drive cars in Coorg?

Drivers here are very rash on these roads. I've driven to Ooty a few years back and none of us felt any motion sickness, so I know I can manage this similarly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks